By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scariest Video Game Characters

Tagged games:

Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3 (also featured in SSB Brawl and SSB Ultimate) is pretty freaky.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Great examples by everyone, from zelda besides the redead/gibdos and the dead hand i would add the wallmasters, i would play with the volume somewhat low to don't hear the nerving music from the shadow temple and the well, and fuck that made it difficult to know when a wall master was on top of you, because also the ambience was dark, once you know about the shadow how to take them out is easy but the first time they were really creepy taking you out without a chace to respond.

curl-6 said:

Two characters have legitimately given me nightmares.

The first, the regenerators from RE4. From their spasmodic movements to the way they can suddenly and gruesomely kill you, and above all their creepy breathing, these things scared the living crap out of me back when I played through the game for the first time.

Secondly, the final boss from Fatal Frame 4. It appears several times earlier in the game in an unkillable form, and when it does, it evokes a potent Ring-esque J-Horror and genuinely creeped me out.

and i think from i coincide with curl-6 everything about the regenerators and the hospital/lab like enviroment they were in was creepy.

Last edited by foxmccloud64 - on 22 August 2021

CaptainExplosion said:

Here's another horrifying thing from Zelda, yet the game it's featured in hasn't even come out yet:

If that thing isn't Ganon, then I don't know what it is. >.<

let´s wait and see what it is, but despite being the principal enemies sometimes they don't end up as scary as one should expect, from ocarina of time the forest temple looked kinda gloomy and intriguing, but the boss phantom ganon wasn't as scary as it could have been, on the other hand gibdos,redeads, wallmasters, invisible floormasters, and other enemies ended up being more scary, the first two because their damn paralyzing screams, and the others because they were used in a great way alongside a more terrifying enviroment, the well and the shadow temple being not only desinged with a really annoying music, aesthics like dark corridors, torture chambers, endless precipices, were also full of traps and invisble hazzards. 

Let's also wait and see how the E.M.M.I.s and other enemies fare in Metroid Dread, the other games had also some good ones through time, like the SA-X, now the E.M.M.I.s look like that on steroids, Prime 2 had a ton of freaky monsters that could also get more terrifying due to dark posetion/corruption the worst ones for me were the aquatic organisms like the Dark Bloggs, since samus moved so sloppy before the gravity boost and the visor was so cloudy because the water is so full of polution, i knew that if i didn't land precise shots i was as good as dead due to high damage and hi-speed movement of enemies.

Forgot how to imbedd images so Il just go with the Raincoat Killer from Deadly Premonition.

"Right hand" from RE4 was also scary as heck, from the way it stalks you to the fact you're shut in an enclosed environment with it waiting for an elevator to arrive, to the fact that if you don't know what you're doing it can seem unstoppable.

foxmccloud64 said:

Great examples by everyone, from zelda besides the redead/gibdos and the dead hand i would add the wallmasters, i would play with the volume somewhat low to don't hear the nerving music from the shadow temple and the well, and fuck that made it difficult to know when a wall master was on top of you, because also the ambience was dark, once you know about the shadow how to take them out is easy but the first time they were really creepy taking you out without a chace to respond.

Agreed, all those examples from Ocarina of Time creeped me out as a kid.

Around the Network

My answer will always be Resetti from Animal Crossing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Deviljho in Monster Hunter Tri was scary as hell when you first got to High Rank, from his mutant T Rex design to the fact he could show up any time to the fact that he could kill you in a single hit before you'd managed to craft a set of high rank armour.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Deviljho in Monster Hunter Tri was scary as hell when you first got to High Rank, from his mutant T Rex design to the fact he could show up any time to the fact that he could kill you in a single hit before you'd managed to craft a set of high rank armour.

And Nintendo put something more at home in Monster Hunter into Mario Odyssey.

Who honestly expected Mario and Cappy to have to fight THIS?!!

This was probably more awesome than scary in my opinion, absolutely no one asked for it and Nintendo were like "Here is a big Epic mother Dragon to battle!"

CaptainExplosion said:
foxmccloud64 said:

and i think from i coincide with curl-6 everything about the regenerators and the hospital/lab like enviroment they were in was creepy.

Here's another horrifying thing from Zelda, yet the game it's featured in hasn't even come out yet:

If that thing isn't Ganon, then I don't know what it is. >.<

It is 100% Gannon. He isn't dead but near dead. The malice has been seeping from his body this whole time. The hand was keeping him pinned down. The jewelry should look familiar to Zelda fans.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

And Nintendo put something more at home in Monster Hunter into Mario Odyssey.

Who honestly expected Mario and Cappy to have to fight THIS?!!

Nah it's more Demon/Dark Souls. They are full of Dragons perched on gothic structures and in Demon Souls there is a boss called the Dragon God.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!