By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To June 30th 2021) Switch 89.04 m

Marth said:

There are certainly some takes in here...

Yeah, and not enough giveaways

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It will be interesting to see which sells more between the D/P remakes and Legends Arceus.

The former has nostalgia on its side, but the latter looks to be more in line with fan desires of a Switch mainline Pokemon.

Both are pretty much guaranteed to sell over 10 million.

Both have my interest for eg, but I would rather go with Arceus rather than Diamond/Pearl since I didn't play prior games (besides Blue and Gold)

curl-6 said:

It will be interesting to see which sells more between the D/P remakes and Legends Arceus.

The former has nostalgia on its side, but the latter looks to be more in line with fan desires of a Switch mainline Pokemon.

The remakes might do similar numbers to the original releases ( around 17-20 million), which I am not too sure if Legends Arceus could pull off.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

VideoGameAccountant said:
PDiddy said:

If you ignore Pokemon BDSP, and Mario Party, then yes, there is nothing in 2021. 

More like forgot, to be honest. Still, I don't see either of those moving much. Mario Party is already on the Switch. For Pokemon, I think the series is at a bit of a low point due to the disappointment with Sword and Shield and the Pokemon Company's mismanagement of the brand. A lot back be said about Pokemon, but look at the sale of Sword and Sheild against Nintendo other titles. Zelda, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart have all outsold it, and Mario Odyssey is only behind by less than half a million. Contrast this to the 3DS, and the only game that beat Pokemon was Mario Kart. People aren't happy with the look of BDSP and Nintendo has been very quite with the title. It wont be pushing Switch units this holiday season.

Mario Kart outsold all the Pokemon on the 3DS as well, so that's nothing new.  Meanwhile, Sword and Shield (21m) on Switch already outperformed all of its 3DS counterparts:  X/Y (16.5m), Sun/Moon (16.2m), and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (14.39m).

AZWification said:
curl-6 said:

The remakes might do similar numbers to the original releases ( around 17-20 million), which I am not too sure if Legends Arceus could pull off.

Yeah Legends is very much an unknown quantity at this point; it could take off and become huge as the kind of game fans wanted from a Switch Pokémon but didn't get from those released so far, or it could underwhelm and sell like Let's Go. We don't have a lot to go on at this point, but it will certainly be interesting to watch.

Around the Network

Also, from the report; 9 million sellers this quarter.

If we remove the first party ones (AC, MK8, Ring Fit, 3D World, Pokemon Snap, Mario Gold) that leaves three third party, one of which is Monster Hunter Rise.

curl-6 said:

If we remove the first party ones (AC, MK8, Ring Fit, 3D World, Pokemon Snap, Mario Gold) that leaves three third party, one of which is Monster Hunter Rise.

Miitopia sold a million, it's two third party million sellers, Minecraft and MHR.

Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

Miitopia sold a million, it's two third party million sellers, Minecraft and MHR.

Ah, my bad, I accidentally forgot about Miitopa. And yeah, Minecraft seems the most likely pick for the remaining spot.