By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite Trailer comparisons UPDATED

Tagged games:

Well since the hype has slightly diminished, its time to take a look at the Halo improvements from the recently shown trailer in 2021 and compare it to last years 2020 gameplay reveal.

After watching the comparison video, its really obvious to see the changes that have been made. How some more time can change a games appearance.

As we can see in the picture above, the 2020 demo on the left compared to the 2021 MP demo on the right. Better lighting and added weathering effects show a clear advantage on the Machine Gun in the latest demo.

Above we see more detail and weathering effects in the Chief's armor.

Overall its a shame that the game had to be showcased like it did in 2020 however not surprising to believe they would have possibly delayed the game considering its unfinished nature shown. The game clearly was lacking many effects that needed to be shown. Unfortunately the 2020 demo was probably the best footage they had ready at the time and considering the promises to fans that Halo will be shown, they would have been criticized for not showing any footage at all last year so it was a damn if you do and a damn if you don't scenario.

I am excited to play Halo Infinite mainly for its campaign however its MP looks amazing as well. Those who missed the MS/Bethesda 2021 trailer, here it is below.

UPDATED: Below is a Better video of in game comparisons.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 24 June 2021

Around the Network

I still want to see more regarding the campaign, but 343 has REALLY, so far, knocked it out of the park with multiplayer! I watched the 12 minute overview vidoc or whatever you wanna call it, and my god, I haven't been this excited about Halo since the moment before I popped Halo 4 into my 360. Bringing back Joe Staten was a brilliant move and the multiplayer is looking like 343 finally understands what makes Halo MP great, while adding in new gameplay mechanics that really look like they work and make sense.

I also really like the graphics as they're more in line with Bungie's and less of that plastic/rubber look from Halo 5.

There is a very noticeable graphical improvement since last years showing. The multiplayer is looking top notch and as consumer friendly as it can be for a F2P game. Signed up for the flight program so not too far off before I get play.

Gameplay is whats counts for me. And it looks outstanding.

The campaign trailer was a little uninspired. We've seen a trailer of Chief floating around a space ship with Halo 4. We didn't need to see that again. I don't know why they didn't show 5 minutes of gameplay at least. Not going to lie, campaign wise I am worries. But the MP looks like a blast. Huge improvement of H5.

That visual improvement is very much welcomed and substantial. Can't wait.

Hopefully with Multiplayer they bring back weapon, vehicle and item spawn locations... One thing that Halo games after Halo 3 have lost is the strategic element of needing to control certain locations to get things like weapons... Plus the maps look a less barren with gear strewn all through it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Hopefully with Multiplayer they bring back weapon, vehicle and item spawn locations... One thing that Halo games after Halo 3 have lost is the strategic element of needing to control certain locations to get things like weapons... Plus the maps look a less barren with gear strewn all through it.

It was only Halo 5 Warzone that didn't have spawn locations, 4v4 always had it. Halo Infinite will have spawns for 4v4. Big team will have weapons and vehicles drop in throughout the game via pelicans and drop pods.

I was disappointed they didn't show any new campaign footage at E3 for a proper comparison, just a boring cinematic trailer and a multiplayer showcase.

Campaign is the only reason I'd buy this and I want to see more before I'm sold on it.

It wen't from looking like a 360 game to xbox one. But still a downgrade from the orginal infinte tech demo from 2018. Remember that footage when they were shoing off the series x and they showed halo footage in real time apparently, how good that footage looked?

smroadkill15 said:
Pemalite said:

It was only Halo 5 Warzone that didn't have spawn locations, 4v4 always had it. Halo Infinite will have spawns for 4v4. Big team will have weapons and vehicles drop in throughout the game via pelicans and drop pods.

I remember Reach/Halo 4 not having it due to the loadout system.

Plus with armor abilities, they were no longer pick-up power items.

KratosLives said:

It wen't from looking like a 360 game to xbox one. But still a downgrade from the orginal infinte tech demo from 2018. Remember that footage when they were shoing off the series x and they showed halo footage in real time apparently, how good that footage looked?

I was less impressed with the foliage and texture work (And there was some pretty glaring sprite work) but was impressed with the dynamic bounce lighting and particle effects. - Sadly it seemed that lighting model was a bit different than what we eventually got in the first gameplay reveal which compounded the flat look.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Bigger differnce than I thought ti was..... but to me the main thing is now Halo looks upto date, or upto standard.
It clearly needed a extra years worth of work on it, people should be happy it was pushed back, and they had more time to work on it.