By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite Trailer comparisons UPDATED

Tagged games:

I stopped the video very quickly. The comparison is garbage. Real gameplay is compared with a trailer here. Whoever compares something like this must have been living under a rock for years and has absolutely no idea about video games and how marketing works.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
smroadkill15 said:

It was only Halo 5 Warzone that didn't have spawn locations, 4v4 always had it. Halo Infinite will have spawns for 4v4. Big team will have weapons and vehicles drop in throughout the game via pelicans and drop pods.

I remember Reach/Halo 4 not having it due to the loadout system.

Plus with armor abilities, they were no longer pick-up power items.

Reach still had power weapon spawn points and so did 4. It depended on the mode you were playing. You're right about no armor abilities in those games due to loadouts. Halo Infinite won't have any kind of loadout choices thankfully, at least from what they've shown. 

Socke said:

I stopped the video very quickly. The comparison is garbage. Real gameplay is compared with a trailer here. Whoever compares something like this must have been living under a rock for years and has absolutely no idea about video games and how marketing works.

The beginning of the video showed a nice example of the environment between the then and now. Certainly a difference with lack of pop-ins and better lighting. If you want to see only gameplay, watch the video from 1:40 onward. 

Socke said:

You and your 3 likes need to actually watch the entire video.

Claiming a video garbage without actually watching it is well.. odd.

Azzanation said:
Socke said:

You're right.

I just watched the video, and I agree with them.

- You just don't compare cinematics with actual gameplay

- Some "improvements" of the campaign are mostly due to different lighting (Night with artificial light vs sunset)

- Sometimes the guy compares grass in outside environment to concrete in closed environment

Of course there are huge improvements, of course the multiplayer seems insane. BUT this video doesn't do justice when you're used to Digital Foundry type of comparisons. 

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Azzanation said:

You're right.

I just watched the video, and I agree with them.

- You just don't compare cinematics with actual gameplay

- Some "improvements" of the campaign are mostly due to different lighting (Night with artificial light vs sunset)

- Sometimes the guy compares grass in outside environment to concrete in closed environment

Of course there are huge improvements, of course the multiplayer seems insane. BUT this video doesn't do justice when you're used to Digital Foundry type of comparisons. 

There is gameplay footage, and considering the lack of actual content, this is all we have.

DF is definitely the best analysis.

A good example as shown was the weapon detail improvments.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 22 June 2021

Azzanation said:

There is gameplay footage, and considering the lack of actual content, this is what we get.

My point exactly: you cannot compare apples and pears just because they look similar. Let's wait actual gameplay footage for real good comparison videos.

I've been fooled by this kind of stuff with Outer World's Switch version.

SKMBlake said:
Azzanation said:

There is gameplay footage, and considering the lack of actual content, this is what we get.

My point exactly: you cannot compare apples and pears just because they look similar. Let's wait actual gameplay footage for real good comparison videos.

I've been fooled by this kind of stuff with Outer World's Switch version.

There isnt much campaign footage at the moment, but Ill be definitely looking forward to the DF's analysis for more updates.

Call me crazy but I actually liked the graphics from last year's presentation quite a bit. I mean, aside from the obvious technical issues (pop-ins and lack of textures and animations in character's faces) I somehow found the art style to be kind of.. different from anything else. The graphics now are technically superior with more details and a more realistic look, but I find them to be more... standard.

With that being said, I totally understand why they decided to change the aesthetic of it all.

The strongest system I own is the Switch so would've been happy buying it the way it looked last year, but improvement is always welcome. However, we can't really do an apples to apples comparison when we have no new footage from the campaign. Yes, the weapons and textures seem to be more detailed, but we'd need to see what the same level looks like now for a proper faceoff.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 June 2021