By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite Trailer comparisons UPDATED

Tagged games:

Bigger differnce than I thought ti was..... but to me the main thing is now Halo looks upto date, or upto standard.
It clearly needed a extra years worth of work on it, people should be happy it was pushed back, and they had more time to work on it.

Around the Network

I stopped the video very quickly. The comparison is garbage. Real gameplay is compared with a trailer here. Whoever compares something like this must have been living under a rock for years and has absolutely no idea about video games and how marketing works.

Pemalite said:
smroadkill15 said:

It was only Halo 5 Warzone that didn't have spawn locations, 4v4 always had it. Halo Infinite will have spawns for 4v4. Big team will have weapons and vehicles drop in throughout the game via pelicans and drop pods.

I remember Reach/Halo 4 not having it due to the loadout system.

Plus with armor abilities, they were no longer pick-up power items.

Reach still had power weapon spawn points and so did 4. It depended on the mode you were playing. You're right about no armor abilities in those games due to loadouts. Halo Infinite won't have any kind of loadout choices thankfully, at least from what they've shown. 

Socke said:

I stopped the video very quickly. The comparison is garbage. Real gameplay is compared with a trailer here. Whoever compares something like this must have been living under a rock for years and has absolutely no idea about video games and how marketing works.

The beginning of the video showed a nice example of the environment between the then and now. Certainly a difference with lack of pop-ins and better lighting. If you want to see only gameplay, watch the video from 1:40 onward. 

Socke said:

You and your 3 likes need to actually watch the entire video.

Claiming a video garbage without actually watching it is well.. odd.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Socke said:

You're right.

I just watched the video, and I agree with them.

- You just don't compare cinematics with actual gameplay

- Some "improvements" of the campaign are mostly due to different lighting (Night with artificial light vs sunset)

- Sometimes the guy compares grass in outside environment to concrete in closed environment

Of course there are huge improvements, of course the multiplayer seems insane. BUT this video doesn't do justice when you're used to Digital Foundry type of comparisons. 

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:
Azzanation said:

You're right.

I just watched the video, and I agree with them.

- You just don't compare cinematics with actual gameplay

- Some "improvements" of the campaign are mostly due to different lighting (Night with artificial light vs sunset)

- Sometimes the guy compares grass in outside environment to concrete in closed environment

Of course there are huge improvements, of course the multiplayer seems insane. BUT this video doesn't do justice when you're used to Digital Foundry type of comparisons. 

There is gameplay footage, and considering the lack of actual content, this is all we have.

DF is definitely the best analysis.

A good example as shown was the weapon detail improvments.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 22 June 2021

I've been thoroughly impressed by everything I saw out of Halo Infinite at E3. The graphics look so much better now (not that what we saw last year was terrible or anything, but it definitely needed some more polish), and the gameplay looks to be moved much closer to classic-style Halo. Sure, sprint and clamber are still present, but no more thruster pack (and therefore no more Spartan Charge and Ground Pound), at least as a default ability means the game has slowed down from Halo 5's twitchy breakneck pace. I like how the equipment system is a hybrid of Halo 3's equipment and Reach's armor abilities: like in Halo 3, all the gadgets are map pickups only and some of them are one-time use, but some of them are reusable like Reach's abilities. I even like how power-ups have been retooled, effectively turning them into equipment items that go into your inventory and can be manually activated whenever (the active camo in Halo 3's campaign was like this, so this was done once before, but never in MP).

Infinite was already my most anticipated game of the year, and is why I wanted to go ahead and get a Series X before its release to play the best possible version. But everything they showed last week has raised my anticipation nearly to "hyped" levels. If the MP beta later this summer impresses, it would confirm to me that 343 Industries finally gets what makes Halo special. Halo 4 & 5 were okay, but they both felt lacking as Halo titles.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

They have definitely made huge improvements since the April-May 2020 build they showed at the July 2020 show, textures for armor, vehicles, weapons, and the ground massively improved, lighting improvements, reflection improvements, no more glaring pop-in issues, etc. All were very much needed changes, and the game looks good enough now imo.

That being said, it still doesn't look as good as I would have imagined it would look after watching the initial Slipspace Engine teaser they released in 2018, that 2018 tech demo had amazing, next-gen graphics at the time, whereas Halo Infinite very much so still looks cross-gen unfortunately. It's a real shame that they didn't aim for more on the technical/graphical level, especially since they've basically said this will be the only mainline Halo game this whole generation, with new singleplayer and multiplayer content being added as DLC for Infinite instead of new Halo games releasing. Maybe they will improve the graphics for future singleplayer campaign expansions and make them PC/Xbox Series only, but the multiplayer will be looking the same the whole generation most likely since they won't be willing to cancel support for the XB1 version and go PC/Xbox Series only, which is to say it will look pretty dated within a couple of years as Xbox Series/PS5/PC only multiplayer games start to release, and even more dated in the 2nd half of this generation, until around 2027-2028 when the next-gen consoles release, and we presumably see the next mainline Halo release. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 June 2021

Azzanation said:

There is gameplay footage, and considering the lack of actual content, this is what we get.

A good example as shown was the weapon detail improvments.

My point exactly: you cannot compare apples and pears just because they look similar. Let's wait actual gameplay footage for real good comparison videos.

I've been fooled by this kind of stuff with Outer World's Switch version.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me