By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which is better?

Gamecube 48 48.48%

PS3 51 51.52%

Total:99
SanAndreasX said:

Gamecube. Its best games exceed the best games of the PS3. The Gamecube is my second favorite Nintendo console after the Switch, while PS3 is my least favorite Sony console.

Agreed, ps3 it's my least favorite too.

PS2>PSP>PS1>PS4>Psvita>PS3

but Gamecube it's the third-worst Nintendo console.

NES> DS> GB(GBC)>SNES= WII> GBA>N64>3DS>Gamecube>WiiU>Virtual Boy ( I ll count Switch in the final years)

Last edited by Agente42 - on 08 June 2021

Around the Network

PS3. Easily. Gamecube is pretty lame.

PS3 is loaded with games and mecha games. It has a huge library. I don't want to do a list war but it even has some exclusive physical versions of stuff like Strider 2014. One of my fave hidden gems in EX Troopers. Some cool Macross games. Good RPGs. Love the PS3. Gamecube had some great games but it had long gaps of nothing. What is worth playing on Gamecube is very small.

Last edited by Leynos - on 08 June 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Agente42 said:
SanAndreasX said:

Gamecube. Its best games exceed the best games of the PS3. The Gamecube is my second favorite Nintendo console after the Switch, while PS3 is my least favorite Sony console.

NES> DS> GB(GBC)>SNES= WII> GBA>N64>3DS>Gamecube>WiiU>Virtual Boy ( I ll count Switch in the final years)

PS3 is around about tied with PS1 as my top favourite Playstation personally, if I had to rank them I think I'd go 3 = 1 > 4 > 2.

Gamecube is my second least favourite Nintendo console, only above the NES.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 09 June 2021

I don't like the approach games went during 7th generation. PS3 launch price was also a barrier to enter in the market for me during many years, I had no interest in Xbox and never will and Wii was awful. I just asked my parents a PC and gamed mainly by it and by my DS

I could even lean towards PS3 if it had PS2 BC during its whole life, but it haven't lol 

I never had a GC, but it was a nice system by design and the last "Old Nintendo" console family member which I miss, in parts as I find both Wii and Wii U very lame (and mostly find the Switch amazimg because it's the sequel of 3DS) while GC was just too underrated there are still some games from it that I want to play and if Nintendo don't remaster them I will have no option but to emulate them and play on PC

But the PS2 jeopardizing console market surely destroyed most of its prospections of having a good and long run, their library is just too small for me to evaluate it a really good system 

So... can I answer just none of them really stand out for me? 

curl-6 said:
Agente42 said:

PS3 is around about tied with PS1 as my top favourite Playstation personally, if I had to rank them I think I'd go 3 = 1 > 4 > 2.

Gamecube is my second least favourite Nintendo console, only above the NES.

I ended up liking the PS3 myself, but Valkyria Chronicles was the reason I bought it, and that wasn't until 2008. Then it was kind of a dry spell for the games I like until the second half of 2010, when New Vegas (Multiplatform and less buggy on 360) came out. The game I played most on PS3 for a while was Fat Princess. It ran its last mile with a terrific finishing kick, but the PS3 was a letdown after the PS2. A lot of series that were great on PS2 ended up skipping PS3 altogether. 

Gamecube gets it for the two Zeldas, my favorites of the series until Breath of the Wild, plus Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, and the GC-exclusive RPGs. The Gamecube version of SoulCalibur 2 was a treat. Plus, I was pretty disappointed by the N64's library and was just happy to see Nintendo getting Capcom, Square Enix, and Namco back into the fold. 

Around the Network

Yeah the PS3 has all those blockbuster twiple A games but those are not interesting to me. I mostly just have the Final Fantasys and the Resident Evils for it, and then Metal Gear Rising and some few others. But the Gamecube is pure joy. I love my games collection for it and I prefer the controller by a landslide, so it's a very easy pick for me.

This is the closest poll i've ever seen.

i won't vote because my vote wouldn't be fair at the moment.

I've never owned a PS3. I only played a few dozen hours of the hardware itself because my brother had one. I have played a few PS3 games on PS Now, and I've played some PS3 remasters on PS4.
I still have a GameCube, though. But the last time I played GameCube titles regularly was years ago, and that was for the first time in years.
GameCube and PS3 are very different. PS3 is a multimedia juggernaut. It plays CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, 3D Blu-rays, and a lot of files and apps. PS3 also has PS1 backwards compatibility and even PS2 backwards compatibility in the initial models.
GameCube is a simple gaming console. You turn on a GameCube, you only play GameCube games on it. The only exception to that I suppose is if you have a Game Boy Player. But you're still playing games.
PS3 has over 2,000 games when you factor physical and digital titles in. There are about 200 exclusives.
GameCube has over 600 games, and about 80 exclusives.
The Sixaxis and DualShock 3 are more functional than the GameCubes controller. But I know a lot of people prefer the ergonomics of the GameCube controller.
GameCube debatably has better first-party titles. PS3 has better multiplats and potentially better third-party exclusives.
You're almost surely playing GameCube for Nintendo games, plus some third-party games here and there. You're probably mostly playing third-party games on your PS3, even if you play a good amount of first-party titles.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Agente42 said:

I'd probably do PS1>PS3>PS2=PSP>PS4>PSVita and Gamecube>N64>DS=Wii>SNES>3DS=GBA>NES>GB>WiiU. I never even played a Virtual Boy. Switch is equal with DS/Wii for me rn. 

Even though I am a Nintendo fan, I'd rank the PS3 ahead of not just Gamecube but every Nintendo system except for SNES, Wii, and Switch.

Eric2048 said:

This is the closest poll i've ever seen.

You should've seen the Wii U vs original Xbox thread, they were an exact tie at 90 votes haha.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 09 June 2021