By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which is better?

Gamecube 48 48.48%

PS3 51 51.52%

Total:99

Gamecube has more of the games I'm interested in, so that for me. Maybe if if didn't find Naughty Dog games so overrated. Rogue Leader being my favorite game of the 6th generation doesn't hurt either.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

RPG wise....

Gamecube:
Paper Mario TTYD , Skies of Arcadia Legends, FF Crystal chronicles.

vs

PS3:
Legend of Heroes : Trails of Cold Steel series + Atelier Dusk series + Ar NoSurge : Ode to an unborn star + Fairy Fencer F + Final Fantasy XIII + XIII-2 + Resonance of Fate + Dragon Age II + Dragon Age Origins / Inqusition + Elder Scrolls Skyrim (+dawnguard) + Mass Effect series + Final Fanyasy X+X-2 HD remasater + Fallout 3 + Star Ocean the last hope + The Witcher II + Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the white witch + .... and on and on.

The amount of rpgs on the PS3 is like 20-30 times that of the Gamecubes, and most of them are higher quality.
As much as I love Paper Mario TTYD, it doesnt counter all the others the PS3 had.

How can you forget persona 5 one of the greatest jrpg ever

PS3 by far. Its one of my favourite consoles and library thats frankly ridiculous. Gamecube on the other hand only had a couple of games that really stood out to me, which was Wind Waker and Smash. 

In one generation on PS3, we had; Uncharted 1-3, Mass Effect trilogy, Bioshock, Bayonetta, Demon's Souls, God Of War 3, MGS4, Vanquish, GTA IV and V, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, Ratchet and Clank: Tools Of Destruction, Journey, Portal 1+2, Yakuza 3 and 4, Catherine and tonnes more.

Last edited by hinch - on 07 June 2021

curl-6 said:
JRPGfan said:

PS3:
Legend of Heroes : Trails of Cold Steel series + Atelier Dusk series + Ar NoSurge : Ode to an unborn star + Fairy Fencer F + Final Fantasy XIII + XIII-2 + Resonance of Fate + Dragon Age II + Dragon Age Origins / Inqusition + Elder Scrolls Skyrim (+dawnguard) + Mass Effect series + Final Fanyasy X+X-2 HD remasater + Fallout 3 + Star Ocean the last hope + The Witcher II + Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the white witch + .... and on and on.

Pretty sure Witcher 2 wasn't on PS3, just PC and 360.

You'd be right.

OT: I didn't own a GC during it's time or even after it's lifespan, but I did get to play REmake at a friend's place as well as Resi 4 as well as some Mario titles.

I owned a PS3 until it's warranty ran out. PS3's were still expensive back then and I wasn't going to get a "second job" just to go for a second PS3, I just went with Xbox after that.

List of games I owned on PS3 at the time were:

Armored Core 4

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War

Asassins Creed

Burnout Paradise

Bayonetta (Jesus christ was this a mistake purchase) 

Army of Two

Bioshock

Armored Core 4: For Answer

C&C Red Alert 3 (Literally the only game I have ever triple dipped on)

MGS4

Resistance

Heavenly Sword

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JRPGfan said:

RPG wise....

Gamecube:
Paper Mario TTYD , Skies of Arcadia Legends, FF Crystal chronicles.

vs

PS3:

The amount of rpgs on the PS3 is like 20-30 times that of the Gamecubes, and most of them are higher quality.
As much as I love Paper Mario TTYD, it doesnt counter all the others the PS3 had.

Tales of Symphonia was on the GameCube and is one my favorite rpg's of all time.  Baten Kaitos 1/2 were both fantastic.  I didn't play Fire Emblem, but if it was anything like the Switch one I'm sure it was great.  Even with those the PS3 had a lot more quality rpg's, but the Gamecube had some real gems. 

Around the Network

PS3 by far. The games on that system were amazing, and Sony's 1st game stepped up to new heights.

Gamecube's library was lacking to me. Probably my least played/favorite Nintendo system I owned.

PS3 by far. Vastly superior library.

PS3 by far. Gamecube had Metroid Prime, Smash Melee and, Windwaker and the weakest mainline Mario but besides that not much that interested me.

PS3 had Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Littlebigplanet, Killzone, The Last of Us, Ni no Kuni, God of War, Demon Souls, inFamous, I even really enjoyed the less popular titles like Warhawk and Star Hawk. And there were also multi-plats as well like The Elder Scrolls Fallout etc. Despite it's launch i always thought the PS3 was the best of it's gen. better than the 360 just for the games library alone.

PS3 wins for me.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 07 June 2021

So far ps3 is my favorite playstation console so that should tell you everything.

Ps3 is the weakest seven-generation console( Wii, 360, DS, and PSP are better). But the seventh generation is the better generation. 

Gamecube is the weakest fifth-generation console. And the six is not the better generation.