• Relatively cheap Blu-Ray player for its time
  • Some backwards compatibility, and more last-gen compilations and remasters
  • Got great games more regularly over time
  • Somewhat better 3rd party support, especially with online store
  • Stronger library of RPG's, FPS's, Open World games
Cons
  • Limited by small discs
  • Weaker latter years
  • Had dead end gimmicks midway through their lives (GBA compatibility and Move)
  • Too expensive for half of its lifetime
  • Less than ideal build quality (though not at 360 levels)
  • Took over a year to really get going
Other
  • Form factor is love or hate
  • Strong 3rd party support by Nintendo standards, though still not as good as the PS3's

I have to say the PS3 seems to be a bit better overall

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

PS3 by a far margin. As much as I loved my Gamecube. It's not on the level with the PS3 and everything it could do along with the massive software titles.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

This is a tough one. I love the PS3 a lot. Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD and CiT, Resistance 1-3, Killzone 2-3, Uncharted 1-3, LBP 1-3, MGS4, InFamous 1-2, TLoU, Demon Souls, God of War 3...and those are just the exclusives. Bioshock, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and NV, GTA IV and V, Portal 2, Mass Effect Trilogy, Borderlands 1 and 2...just all around great system with great games.

The Gamecube is one of my favorite systems ever though. Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda: WW and TP, Paper Mario TTYD, Tales of Symphonia, RE:Make, RE:4, Metroid FREAKING Prime (1 and 2), Super Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin 1-2, FZero GX, Double Dash, Animal Crossing, MGS: Twin Snakes (yes, I actually love this version), Star Fox Adventures, Luigis Mansion, Super Mario Strikers, Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, some of the best Mario Party games out there...

You know what...gotta give it to the Gamecube.

I dislike both consoles. Never owned a GameCube, bit did enjoy Smash and Mario Kart with friends. But the library never really appealed to me. PS3 was the first Playstation console I bought and I hated it. Xbox 360 was a much better console for me, it had more games, better exclusives (imo), multiplatform games had much better performance most of the time. Also I found the PS3 to be very slow, coming from Wii and N64 before. The menus were slow, the loading times were huge and installing games took forever. And I hated the controller.

Now I own a PS4 Pro and I love it lol.

Pinkie_pie said:
JRPGfan said:

RPG wise....

Gamecube:
Paper Mario TTYD , Skies of Arcadia Legends, FF Crystal chronicles.

vs

PS3:
Legend of Heroes : Trails of Cold Steel series + Atelier Dusk series + Ar NoSurge : Ode to an unborn star + Fairy Fencer F + Final Fantasy XIII + XIII-2 + Resonance of Fate + Dragon Age II + Dragon Age Origins / Inqusition + Elder Scrolls Skyrim (+dawnguard) + Mass Effect series + Final Fanyasy X+X-2 HD remasater + Fallout 3 + Star Ocean the last hope + The Witcher II + Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the white witch + .... and on and on.

The amount of rpgs on the PS3 is like 20-30 times that of the Gamecubes, and most of them are higher quality.
As much as I love Paper Mario TTYD, it doesnt counter all the others the PS3 had.

How can you forget persona 5 one of the greatest jrpg ever

Forgot about it.... view it more as a PS4 game.

Around the Network

By the Tales of metric, Symphonia beats all the PS3 ones, so the Gamecube.

Gamecube is the best!
It has the best videogame controller and also has the best exclusives!

I gotta give it to the PS3 personally.

Gamecube had the more comfortable controller and a small number of gems like Metroid Prime 1 & 2, F-Zero GX, Twilight Princess, Luigi's Mansion, and Resident Evil 4.

But the PS3 had Mass Effect 1-3, Bioshock 1/2/Infinite, Uncharted 1-3, Vanquish, COD MW1/World at War/Black Ops 1-2/MW3/Advanced Warfare, Resistance 1-3, Puppeteer, Dishonored, Wolfenstein The New Order, Dead Space...

In the end a console is a means to play games and the PS3 had way more that appealed to me.

GameCube had many unique and memorable experiences. The system itself was adorable! I bought launch day with luigis mansion. I used to let the pikmin intro repeat just to hear the cute flowers make the sounds. I developed a comprehensive game catalog of exclusives that I thoroughly played.

PS3 had nary an exclusive that I swooned for. I bought it late because of the price and also I could just play everything on 360. I did buy it at discount eventually and was mortified by the mandatory updates that took entire days away from gaming. I did enjoy home and the digital movie player. I appreciated the free online but I under utilized it.

GameCube

Gamecube. Its best games exceed the best games of the PS3. The Gamecube is my second favorite Nintendo console after the Switch, while PS3 is my least favorite Sony console.