By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox E3 Showcase 2021 thread- Xbox E3 show announcements listed

How do you rate the 2021 Xbox E3 showcase?

10 7 10.00%

9 15 21.43%

8 15 21.43%

7 10 14.29%

6 14 20.00%

5 3 4.29%

4 1 1.43%

3 2 2.86%

2 1 1.43%

1 2 2.86%

Total:70

I'm feeling a strong 5 to a light 6 on this one. Not bad but I also wasn't blown away. idk how but SoT managed to be one of my highlights.

+Starfield

+Halo infinite

+Forza Horizon

+Xbox Mini Fridge

+Gamepass

+SoT update

New IPs like Contraband and Redfall could be cool, excited to see more of those. TOW2 was a nice announcement but I'm not hyped on it. Gamepass was such a winner throughout the show.

Around the Network

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

7/10 for me on this one. Stalker 2 and Forza Horizon 5 stole the show for me.

A solid showing for gamers... Most are not really Xbox exclusive though but I guess who cares.

I feel like the lack of unedited game play really hurts these shows! I can't stress this enough. Announcements that really create buzz are unedited gameplay segments. Why do publishers insist on this format? Quantity over quality... And I don't mean that for the games themselves but the showing of those games rather.

Really expected a stronger showing and focus from Xbox Studios specifically. Hellbalde 2 continues to evade me :(

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Also wtf was up with the lackluster Halo re-reveal...it looked the exact same -_-

Looking at the poll though seems like people are super happy with the show...8,9. I would imagine mostly fans... So i guess the feedback Xbox will get is similar. I feel like their should be more pressure from their customers and fans for them to show something spectacular.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

Also wtf was up with the lackluster Halo re-reveal...it looked the exact same -_-

Looking at the poll though seems like people are super happy with the show...8,9. I would imagine mostly fans... So i guess the feedback Xbox will get is similar. I feel like their should be more pressure from their customers and fans for them to show something spectacular.

I'm not a halo fan but I didn't see anything wrong with the halo footage.  

Around the Network

I thought it was a great showcase. Stalker 2 looks damn good and one of my most anticipated games now. Halo Infinite multiplayer is looking fun as hell and I'm ready to see more of single player. Forza Horizon 5 is a showcase of it's own and if you told me it was next-gen only, I would believe you. Psychonauts 2 is looking great as always. Been waiting for a left4dead 3, and Back4Blood is looking to fill that void.
Other highlights include 12 minutes, Replaced, hades, Somerville, Atomic Hearts, Sea of Thieves next expansion,I'll finally give Grounded a shot now that it has achievements, The Ascent, Flight Sim, Outer Worlds 2 trailer was hilarious.
It's hard for me to get excited for Redfall with zero gameplay shown. It looks interesting, but I need to see more. Contraband didn't do anything for me. It was nice seeing in-engine for Starfield and I'm sure it will be great, but not enough shown to get excited.
Literally everything I'm looking forward to playing is coming to Game Pass so can't get much better than that.

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 13 June 2021

Double post

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 13 June 2021

dx11332sega said:

What I noticed was Contraband was exclusive to Xbox , Not Launch Exclusive.

Well yes because it's 2nd party.

+ Great summer line-up and indies (not sure why they're not pushing Sable more)
+ Forza Horizon + Halo make for a strong holiday combo.
-Disappointed to not see a proper Star Field gameplay reveal
-still too many CGI trailers. Outer Worlds 2 at least made me laugh.

Still a while before I'm convinced I need Series X. Think it will be late gen purchase for me.

Baddman said:
Shinobi-san said:

I'm not a halo fan but I didn't see anything wrong with the halo footage.  

Didn't see much difference from the first reveal... And that had major backlash. Seems strange to me that they didn't come out gunz blazing with some intense campaign footage. Game looks exactly the same as it did a year ago...