By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox E3 Showcase 2021 thread- Xbox E3 show announcements listed

How do you rate the 2021 Xbox E3 showcase?

10 7 10.00%

9 15 21.43%

8 15 21.43%

7 10 14.29%

6 14 20.00%

5 3 4.29%

4 1 1.43%

3 2 2.86%

2 1 1.43%

1 2 2.86%

Total:70
Shinobi-san said:
Baddman said:

I'm not a halo fan but I didn't see anything wrong with the halo footage.  

Didn't see much difference from the first reveal... And that had major backlash. Seems strange to me that they didn't come out gunz blazing with some intense campaign footage. Game looks exactly the same as it did a year ago... 

thats because people dont look at a single captured frame from a brute unlike last year

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I have never been impressed by a Microsoft showcase. This was probably the strongest in... I can't even remember. Good that Microsoft is really putting in some more effort, even if it's majorly by acquiring studios.

Wouldn't mind more gameplay. But still too many shooters. Solid conference, 7/10.

This E3 is just shooters. Diablo II looked neat but will play on other platforms I already own.

3/10.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:

It was largely unremarkable.

1) Weak reveals for Starfield and Contraband
2) While the trailer was funny, The Outer Wilds 2 announcement was just nothing.
3) Ending the show with a 5 minute CG trailer was just poor.
4) A lot of games were shown off for the 2nd time at the Xbox event; this was the 3rd xbox e3 in a row that 12 minutes was shown off.
5) Updates to existing games - not an issue, but considering the padding from repeat games and lackluster reveals, it sticks out.
6) Halo SP re-reveal was.... ok I guess.

Of course, there was a lot of content (expected) and mostly a gamepass event (expected). I didn't expect it to be the game I would come away thinking of most, but Forza Horizon 5 was incredible. Looks so good.

I'd say a 6/10 at best . While it definitely feels like MS is gaining traction on their release schedule, and pumping up the value of gamepass, very little felt like it was moving forward. I dunno if that makes sense.

Anyways. always glad to watch the MS e3 event. Will tune in again next year like always,

To be fair it was literally game after game they shown and we get updates of games and other games later (today halo and thursday we have an event that is focused on interviews with a possibility to show more of like Hellblade 2 considering ninja theory will be their aswell).

Around the Network

So many shooters.... but not bad overall.
I think this is like 6-7 outta 10, it was okay. Also lots of CGI, instead of gameplay.

*Halo Infinate didnt seem much improved from last years showing, graphically.
People that were expecting major work done to improve it, since last year, are probably let down.

PotentHerbs said:

Does "Xbox Launch Exclusive" mean timed exclusive? I'm not sure if that would indicate Series X/S exclusivity at launch with a PC launch later.

Probably.. anotherway of saying it will eventually come to other platforms, but at launch, its xbox exclusive.

I would say the show was very good for those really invested in gamepass but for those with very limited time that is only looking to play the best games, there is nothing that grab my attention in the near future. For me it was just an ok conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-O7OuliQRY

If you missed it, they did an in depth of what to look forward to in Halo's MP..

Honestly it sounds great with minor improvements that may be a huge deal for other MP games. (bots inclusion, no time limit on battle passes and you can progress through older battle passes if you come late/later in the game etc).

CaptainExplosion said:

Halo multiplayer went the free to play pay to win bullshit route. 

CaptainExplosion said:

Look back at games like World of Tanks where it's "free to play", but you don't win matches unless you fork over money for in-game upgrades that make you better at defending yourself. I just have a feeling that kinda shit is infesting Halo too. -_-

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.