By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox E3 Showcase 2021 thread- Xbox E3 show announcements listed

How do you rate the 2021 Xbox E3 showcase?

10 7 10.00%

9 15 21.43%

8 15 21.43%

7 10 14.29%

6 14 20.00%

5 3 4.29%

4 1 1.43%

3 2 2.86%

2 1 1.43%

1 2 2.86%

Total:70

I think the showcase would be a lot better if they condensed it to a bit over an hour instead of stretching it to 90 minutes.

Things like Yakuza on Game Pass, Sea of Thieves expansion, ESO + FO76 expansion, Psychonaughts 2 trailer, Grounded, etc would have been better served as blog post/social media drops. I'd give it 7/10 but could have been an 8+ with a few tweaks.

Around the Network

27 Gamepass titles? Starfield Series X exclusive? Outer Worlds 2 announced? RedFall?

Only downside for me was that I wanted to see more (or any really) Halo Infinite campaign gameplay.
9/10.

I'm personally very happy. The only thing I'm uneasy about is Halo not getting a solid release date. Everything else was great. Best Xbox show in a long time imo.

And fuck me....Forza looks fucking stunning.

shikamaru317 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No Banjo-Kazooie, no Everwild, hardly a mention of Perfect Dark, and almost nothing but post-apocalyptic open world games. All they had that I actually give a damn about were Psychonauts 2. Halo multiplayer went the free to play pay to win bullshit route. They could've fixed Cortana but instead she unceremoniously died off-screen. 2/10. Worst E3 showcase I've seen in my life. -_-

There is no pay to win at all, microtransactions are entirely cosmetic and most of those can still be unlocked through in-game play, it's just faster to buy them with real money.

I highly doubt Cortana is actually dead either, doesn't match with the dialogue teaser they hid in a secret code in an earlier Halo Infinite trailer.

Yup. A lot of assumptions there. 

As if they'd just kill Cortana off... Not even show how or explain why... Off screen.

Come on. 

Angelus said:

I'm personally very happy. The only thing I'm uneasy about is Halo not getting a solid release date. Everything else was great. Best Xbox show in a long time imo.

And fuck me....Forza looks fucking stunning.

I was looking to skip the next horizon. 

Guess not.  

They've added new game modes too. 

Around the Network

Great show for me. 9/10. The Halo multi-player looked amazing (console mover).

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I was hoping to see some EverWild gameplay and maybe another trailer for Perfect Dark, however Halo and Forza Horizon 5 got me excited. The Outer Worlds 2 and Sea of Thieves and Grounded had very entertaining trailers, i enjoy the humor they add in them.

This was amazing for me
10/10. I saw everything I wanted plus some surprises :)

- Halo Infinite (would have loved to see more campaign stuff) but the multi-player portion was probably the best thing for me in the whole show... No fixed date but that's fine, it will come out this year anyway and november is already what I expect.
- Starfield, looks amazing, I'm so excited about it and having a fixed date next year is also great.
- The Outer World 2 (the teaser was one of the best/funniest teaser I saw for a while... I actually almost thought that it was another Fable one...)
- Forza Horizon 4... Release date and gorgeous visuals...
- FF2020 coming out way sooner than expected.
- Release date for D2 Res. I know it may not be for everyone but I'm a huge fan of this game it was a complete surprise for me! And one that I did not expect to have while watching the Xbox show
- "Xbox Exclusive" being used and as clear as it can be. If someone is still doubting after that... I don't know what to say...
- Basically something to look forward almost every month..

Yep, 10/10 for me

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 13 June 2021

CaptainExplosion said:

No Banjo-Kazooie, no Everwild, hardly a mention of Perfect Dark, and almost nothing but post-apocalyptic open world games. All they had that I actually give a damn about were Psychonauts 2. Halo multiplayer went the free to play pay to win bullshit route. They could've fixed Cortana but instead she unceremoniously died off-screen. 2/10. Worst E3 showcase I've seen in my life. -_-

Okay, there were definitely worse E3's in the late 2000's lol. I share your disappointment in the first two and not seeing things like Perfect Dark, but I liked the fact that they showed so many AA games. I don't like the post-apocalyptical theme either, but it's what sells. I didn't realize the Halo multiplayer was pay to win? Guess I missed that part.

Also, I interpreted that trailer as an indication that you will spend the game trying to restore Cortana from death. Deleting a file? Pretty sure there is a backup or a restore point he could find.

This was a pretty good showing overall! I really like how Stalker 2 looks, Halo:Infinite looks a lot better and in general there was a lot of interesting stuff shown. After a very dry first half of the year things are gonna start to pick up in the 2nd half of the year for Xbox Series X/S and with stuff like Starfield in 2022 I'm more confident than ever that the Xbox One is gonna be outsold. Hopefully they continue this pace and have a good showing next year too with stuff like Hellblade 2 gameplay.