By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox E3 Showcase 2021 thread- Xbox E3 show announcements listed

How do you rate the 2021 Xbox E3 showcase?

10 7 10.00%

9 15 21.43%

8 15 21.43%

7 10 14.29%

6 14 20.00%

5 3 4.29%

4 1 1.43%

3 2 2.86%

2 1 1.43%

1 2 2.86%

Total:70
JRPGfan said:

So many shooters.... but not bad overall.
I think this is like 6-7 outta 10, it was okay. Also lots of CGI, instead of gameplay.

*Halo Infinate didnt seem much improved from last years showing, graphically.
People that were expecting major work done to improve it, since last year, are probably let down.

Shooters like?

Halo Infinite
Stalker 2
Back 4 Blood
Battlefield
FarCry

Somehow:
Atomic Heart (first person shooting / RPG)

So 5, maybe 6, games that are traditional shooters.

That is a decent amount for 30 games showcased.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:

I would say the show was very good for those really invested in gamepass but for those with very limited time that is only looking to play the best games, there is nothing that grab my attention in the near future. For me it was just an ok conference.

Is that the new narrative now?
Too many games, too little time for those who only focus on 1-2 AAA games a year...

Even then, Forza Horizon & Halo as exclusives for this year along with Battlefield, Back 4 Blood and FarCry as 3rd party games fulfill this criteria.
But these games are apparently not outstanding enough.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Angelv577 said:

I would say the show was very good for those really invested in gamepass but for those with very limited time that is only looking to play the best games, there is nothing that grab my attention in the near future. For me it was just an ok conference.

Too many games, too little time for those who only focus on 1-2 AAA games a year...

Even then, Forza Horizon & Halo as exclusives for this year along with Battlefield, Back 4 Blood and FarCry as 3rd party games fulfill this criteria.

It's crazy isn't it.  We're finally getting some positive sings that the exclusive drought is over and the goals immediately shift.

I wonder what will happen if  games like Forza, Halo, RedFall and StarField all hit 85+ meta?

Too many good quality games? Not enough time? LMAO.

This was the best XBOX showcase in years! We'd have to go back to X360 days to match it. Good job MS

This was an incredible show! I loved the balanced amount of indies and AAA games shown and the fact most of them are on GamePass day one is amazing

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
DirtyP2002 said:

It's crazy isn't it.  We're finally getting some positive sings that the exclusive drought is over and the goals immediately shift.

I wonder what will happen if  games like Forza, Halo, RedFall and StarField all hit 85+ meta?

Too many good quality games? Not enough time? LMAO.

There’s already another thread with that narrative. Apparently there were too many games at this conference. Imagine there being too many games at an E3 conference. I agree we’ll start seeing other bizarre goal post shifts. GamePass is bad for the industry. I like to own my digital license to access a game I don’t actually own. I want to support devs who are already paid by the publisher who already got a large check from the XBoss. These CGI trailers are not good but a logo reveal, wow that’s so brave. 

DirtyP2002 said:
Angelv577 said:

Yeah I don't get it either.

Flight Simulator in July (91 Meta)
Hades in August (93 Meta)
Age of Empires IV in October (different dev so not really comparable to previous AoE games)
Forza Horizon 5 in November (FH3 91, FH4 92)
Halo Infinite this Holiday (Halo 4 87, Halo 5 84)

That's all coming in the next 6 months and doesn't include wildcards like Psychonauts 2, The Ascent, Back 4 Blood and plenty of other new releases.

DirtyP2002 said:
Angelv577 said:

dont see the problem.  it is pretty simple.  due to my limited time, I have to be very selective with my games.  ps5 is my main console so I am cover with third parties and halo and forza has never been a selling point for me.  if they didnt do it for me during the xb30 age, nothing is gonna change now.  the games that I am curious about, nothing wasnt shown like hell blade 2, perfect dark and the new fable.  

even though ps5 is my main console, I am also very selective with it.  for example I didnt get Returnal just because it takes hours to complete a run.  So no, there is no narrative.  I just dont see a reason to own a xbox based on my time and preference.

Voted 7.

1 Good next-gen vibes game (Forza Horizon 5), great to finally see that "all 1st party titles day one on the GP" actually means something, great to see that almost all games are coming to the Cloud (meaning the Cloud will be from now on at least at 1080p). Got excited for A Plague Tale (and day 1 on GP) and Starfield.

BUT

No new gameplay footage for Halo campaign (I mean, most of us were waiting to see the improvement over last year), no precise date for it either (despite having one for Starfield for ex).

And too many shooters. Or at least, it felt like so, even if there were like 1/3 shooters, I felted like there were mostly shooters. And I really don't like shooters.