By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox E3 Showcase 2021 thread- Xbox E3 show announcements listed

How do you rate the 2021 Xbox E3 showcase?

10 7 10.00%

9 15 21.43%

8 15 21.43%

7 10 14.29%

6 14 20.00%

5 3 4.29%

4 1 1.43%

3 2 2.86%

2 1 1.43%

1 2 2.86%

Total:70

great show really enjoyed it. I loved the first plague tale game. I wasn't expecting another one

Around the Network

Does "Xbox Launch Exclusive" mean timed exclusive? I'm not sure if that would indicate Series X/S exclusivity at launch with a PC launch later.

CaptainExplosion said:
Azzanation said:

I was hoping to see some EverWild gameplay and maybe another trailer for Perfect Dark

^Two of the only things I was hoping for this year.

You were very silly to expect Perfect Dark.

It was only revealed with a CGI trailer 6 months ago. What could they have shown today that wasn't possible during the Game Awards? You can't forget about Covid either.

PotentHerbs said:

Does "Xbox Launch Exclusive" mean timed exclusive? I'm not sure if that would indicate Series X/S exclusivity at launch with a PC launch later.

Yes that means Timed-Exclusive as coming first to Xbox.

CaptainExplosion said:

Halo multiplayer went the free to play pay to win bullshit route.

I wasn't surprise that Banjo Threeie wasn't announced and with Perfect Dark, i know its way too early in its development to show anything as of yet.

What do you mean by Halo went the "Pay to win" route? because its free? Micro-transactions and Pay-to-Win are very different if that's what you are referring to.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No Banjo-Kazooie, no Everwild, hardly a mention of Perfect Dark, and almost nothing but post-apocalyptic open world games. All they had that I actually give a damn about were Psychonauts 2. Halo multiplayer went the free to play pay to win bullshit route. They could've fixed Cortana but instead she unceremoniously died off-screen. 2/10. Worst E3 showcase I've seen in my life. -_-

Okay, there were definitely worse E3's in the late 2000's lol. I share your disappointment in the first two and not seeing things like Perfect Dark, but I liked the fact that they showed so many AA games. I don't like the post-apocalyptical theme either, but it's what sells. I didn't realize the Halo multiplayer was pay to win? Guess I missed that part.

Also, I interpreted that trailer as an indication that you will spend the game trying to restore Cortana from death. Deleting a file? Pretty sure there is a backup or a restore point he could find.

It's not pay to win. He's making assumptions like his Cortana take. 

CaptainExplosion said:

No Banjo-Kazooie, no Everwild, hardly a mention of Perfect Dark, and almost nothing but post-apocalyptic open world games. All they had that I actually give a damn about were Psychonauts 2. Halo multiplayer went the free to play pay to win bullshit route. They could've fixed Cortana but instead she unceremoniously died off-screen. 2/10. Worst E3 showcase I've seen in my life. -_-

The hell are you talking about? It is going the seasonal way like almost every MP out there, nothing to do with "Pay to win".
If you believe that this is Pay to win, you need to stop listening to the wrong people on the internet, cause it is not at all.

And your Cortana take... wow... Not even going to comment on that.

CaptainExplosion said:
Azzanation said:

I wasn't surprise that Banjo Threeie wasn't announced and with Perfect Dark, i know its way too early in its development to show anything as of yet.

What do you mean by Halo went the "Pay to win" route? because its free? Micro-transactions and Pay-to-Win are very different if that's what you are referring to.

Look back at games like World of Tanks where it's "free to play", but you don't win matches unless you fork over money for in-game upgrades that make you better at defending yourself. I just have a feeling that kinda shit is infesting Halo too. -_-

compare it with apex legends instead

because your gutfeeling is shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

FYI

Flight Sim | 27.07.2021
Psychonauts 2 | 25.08.2021
AOE IV | 28.10.2021
Forza Horizon 5 | 9.11.2021
Halo Infinite | Holiday 2021
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 | 28.04.2022
Redfall | Sommer 2022
STARFIELD | 11.11.2022
Plague Tale: Requiem | 2022

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Great show but held back by Covid.

My highlights:

- Stalker 2 gameplay
- A Plague Tale Requiem Game Pass
- Forza Horizon 5 (them graphics)
- Back 4 Blood Game Pass
- Yakuza 7 Game Pass (downloading right now)
- Outer Worlds 2 trailer
- Starfield reveal trailer
- lots of interesting indies launching on Game Pass
- Flight Simulator launching finally on Series X soon

There could've been some more bigger announcements and gameplay reveals but we know why that didn't happen.

I think MS also announced a few games too early in the past. Fable, Everwild, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport are all no shows. I guess if they had announced Wolfenstein 3, it would go right into that pile of games. On the other hand, that's exactly what they did with The Outer Worlds 2. Seems far far away.

8/10

Last edited by Barozi - on 13 June 2021