By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lazier ports from other consoles to Nintendo Switch

The Tropico 6 Switch port was just so awful looking, my condolences to anyone who had to endure that, Otherwise, a f a n t a s t i c management game, just not the Switch port. Might be better by now, dunno.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Ark Survival Evolved, Saint's Row 3, WWE 2K18, and Payday 2 are terrible ports on Switch that just reek of a lack of effort and care.

Ark is solid considering its shit on every platform. Even the Series X struggles.

I mean, to be fair, Studio Wildcard is SHIT. 

My little brother's been playing R-Type Final 2 and it seems a pretty low effort port; it looks quite ugly yet still runs poorly. One of those cases where it seems they just hacked down the settings until it ran at a playable yet still low framerate without bothering to do any actual smart optimization.

SKMBlake said:
heavenmercenary01 said:

I can't blame third parties for lazy ports as much as i blame Nintendo for them.
Here's my list:
- Mario kart Deluxe
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
- Zelda Skyward Sword
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
- Captain Toad
- Mario 3D All Stars.
- Hyrule warriors
- Tokyo Mirage Session
Pikmin had a little work behind it so i'm not listing it.

Pikmin is the one with the little effort put in it, all of those games runs better on the Switch, have DLCs and improved resolution and textures.

If I'd call 1 lazy Nintendo port, I'd say is actually Pikmin 

Pikmin 3 for the Switch included all previous DLC, brand new side story content with Olimar + Louie, added in multiple difficulty settings and added coop for the single player campaign.  

Not sure why people think it is a straight port.  Perhaps still overpriced, but it isn't a straight port.  

Edit

Laziest port, IMHO, is easily Tropic Freeze.  Game is virtually identical with no added content.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 09 June 2021

From the demo, Disgaea 6 on the Switch seems to run poorly, even with its options for Performance or Graphics. On Graphics, the game runs at like 15fps or something, it feels like, while Performance in handheld makes the game look like a fuzzy mess. There is also a Balanced option, which seems a little better than either of the two above, but you can tell it still chugs a little bit here and there. The worst part about this is that Disgaea 6 is only available via the Switch in the west, as NISA isn't bothering with the PS4 version, which came out at the same time in Japan.

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed 3 is quite lazy; it's pretty much just the PS3/360 version graphically, still has a wobbly framerate, requires a mandatory download, and has poor audio compression.

In most cases 3rd parties don't want people to buy their games non nintendo systems. That's why they release crap and bad ports on nintendo systems.

That is the only explanation, it is a cognitive decision from the big studios that they do not want people to buy their games.

Leynos said:
KLXVER said:

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night. Good game, but play it on anything else.

Run and plays fine now.

It still runs like shit compared to the other versions.

Cobretti2 said:

anything physical game that is "must download to play" is a lazy port also.

That's bullcrap. That's not lazy at all, it's cheap lol. Carts are expensive though and most people will have a memory card for their switch so at the end of that day, that doesn't really matter.

heavenmercenary01 said:

I can't blame third parties for lazy ports as much as i blame Nintendo for them.
Here's my list:
- Mario kart Deluxe

How is Mk8D lazy? It includes extra modes and was upgraded to full HD.

It's just a smart decision if you ask me. Release a game that barely sold anything on a doomed console to another console that very well may end up being the best selling console of all time. Bang. Rolling in that money!