By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lazier ports from other consoles to Nintendo Switch

Leynos said:
KLXVER said:

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night. Good game, but play it on anything else.

Run and plays fine now.

Not really. Played through it not long ago. Long load times and crashed a few times.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Leynos said:

Run and plays fine now.

Not really. Played through it not long ago. Long load times and crashed a few times.

Not had it crash once. Load times have been fine for me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
KLXVER said:

When did you play through it?

EDIT: Never mind. Put the game in and it didnt update, so I played the latest version.

Last edited by KLXVER - on 29 May 2021

Shikamo said:

The Outer Worlds and Apex Legends

I dunno if I'd call these two lazy per se, just games that are already quite taxing on stronger hardware and so had to make tough calls and compromises to even run on Switch.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

KLXVER said:
Leynos said:

When did you play through it?

EDIT: Never mind. Put the game in and it didnt update, so I played the latest version.

Crashing doesn't have to be the same for everyone.  For example I played Cyberpunk in December on my Series X and only got one crash the entire time at the end of the game.  However I do know many other people that did get a lot of crashing despite that.  We would need more than two examples of the latest version to draw a proper conclusion, but even if crashing was a wide spread problem some people can be lucky and never see one.

OT Rime was a pretty disappointing port.  No reason for it to run and look the way it did.

Last edited by Shiken - on 30 May 2021

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Shikamo said:

The Outer Worlds and Apex Legends

I dunno if I'd call these two lazy per se, just games that are already quite taxing on stronger hardware and so had to make tough calls and compromises to even run on Switch.

I did not have a problem with Outer Worlds on Switch TBH.  It was ugly, but it was playable.  The game also has recieved a patch since then that improved visuals and performance (though still by far the worst looking version overall).

Last edited by Shiken - on 29 May 2021

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
curl-6 said:

I did not have a problem with Outer Worlds on Switch TBH.  It was ugly, but it was playable.  The game also has revieved a patch since then that improved visuals and performance (though still by far the worst looking version overall).

Yeah I played through the whole game and I agree; it looks messy but I still enjoyed it. If it was a lazy port they wouldn't have spent months working on a patch that addressed a lot of its graphical issues.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mario 3D All Stars

I can't blame third parties for lazy ports as much as i blame Nintendo for them.
Here's my list:
- Mario kart Deluxe
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
- Zelda Skyward Sword
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
- Captain Toad
- Mario 3D All Stars.
- Hyrule warriors
- Tokyo Mirage Session
Pikmin had a little work behind it so i'm not listing it.
3D world had bowser's fury as a fat addition and remains the most valuable 1st party port.
A lot of efforts can be seen through Xenoblade's port also.
We'll probably end up having Wind waker and Twilight princess being lazily ported at 60€ each.
I HOPE we don't get Xenoblade Chronicles X ported also and StarFox Zero Ported as well. That would burn the shit out of my mind if we find out that years were spent by Monolith teams working on a port.
StarFox Zero was just bad, i'd rather see a new game, well thought and made for a good old franchise.