By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lazier ports from other consoles to Nintendo Switch

From the demo, Disgaea 6 on the Switch seems to run poorly, even with its options for Performance or Graphics. On Graphics, the game runs at like 15fps or something, it feels like, while Performance in handheld makes the game look like a fuzzy mess. There is also a Balanced option, which seems a little better than either of the two above, but you can tell it still chugs a little bit here and there. The worst part about this is that Disgaea 6 is only available via the Switch in the west, as NISA isn't bothering with the PS4 version, which came out at the same time in Japan.

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed 3 is quite lazy; it's pretty much just the PS3/360 version graphically, still has a wobbly framerate, requires a mandatory download, and has poor audio compression.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

In most cases 3rd parties don't want people to buy their games non nintendo systems. That's why they release crap and bad ports on nintendo systems.

That is the only explanation, it is a cognitive decision from the big studios that they do not want people to buy their games.

Leynos said:
KLXVER said:

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night. Good game, but play it on anything else.

Run and plays fine now.

It still runs like shit compared to the other versions.

Cobretti2 said:

anything physical game that is "must download to play" is a lazy port also.

That's bullcrap. That's not lazy at all, it's cheap lol. Carts are expensive though and most people will have a memory card for their switch so at the end of that day, that doesn't really matter.

Around the Network
heavenmercenary01 said:

I can't blame third parties for lazy ports as much as i blame Nintendo for them.
Here's my list:
- Mario kart Deluxe

How is Mk8D lazy? It includes extra modes and was upgraded to full HD.

It's just a smart decision if you ask me. Release a game that barely sold anything on a doomed console to another console that very well may end up being the best selling console of all time. Bang. Rolling in that money!

JSG87 said:

Cobretti2 said:

anything physical game that is "must download to play" is a lazy port also.

That's bullcrap. That's not lazy at all, it's cheap lol. Carts are expensive though and most people will have a memory card for their switch so at the end of that day, that doesn't really matter.

It matters cause I like my games plug and play and to be collectable like retro games. Makes it hard to collect games now that won't be unplayable 10-20 years from now if you don't have your original system and patched up or installed.

It almost makes PC gaming more attractable because all that is built within steam across multiple generations.