By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lazier ports from other consoles to Nintendo Switch

Probably The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Around the Network
heavenmercenary01 said:

I can't blame third parties for lazy ports as much as i blame Nintendo for them.
Here's my list:
- Mario kart Deluxe
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
- Zelda Skyward Sword
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
- Captain Toad
- Mario 3D All Stars.
- Hyrule warriors
- Tokyo Mirage Session
Pikmin had a little work behind it so i'm not listing it.
3D world had bowser's fury as a fat addition and remains the most valuable 1st party port.
A lot of efforts can be seen through Xenoblade's port also.
We'll probably end up having Wind waker and Twilight princess being lazily ported at 60€ each.
I HOPE we don't get Xenoblade Chronicles X ported also and StarFox Zero Ported as well. That would burn the shit out of my mind if we find out that years were spent by Monolith teams working on a port.
StarFox Zero was just bad, i'd rather see a new game, well thought and made for a good old franchise.

Some issues with this post.

MK8 DX was anything but lazy. They fixed the battle mode. Remade it. You can now hold 2 items. Runs at 1080P 60FPS

Xenoblade is not a port.  It's running on a new engine. New assets. Improved geometry. A lot of QOL changes. An entire new story chapter post game.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions added some new music. A new dungeon. A bunch of new costumes. They had to change the Wii U gamepad function.

These last three are ANYTHING but lazy. Not only are these good ports but there is also a dedicated budget and time for a port. Xenon Racer is a lazy port. The Eshop screenshots and trailer LIED to Switch owners. The game has such bad pop in it was unplayable. Running sub 20FPS. Not just lazy but misleading.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

RE4 is my favourite game of all time, but the Switch version is lazy as fuck.

No motion controls, not even 1080p docked or 720p portable despite being a Gamecube game.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Leynos said:
heavenmercenary01 said:

I can't blame third parties for lazy ports as much as i blame Nintendo for them.
Here's my list:
- Mario kart Deluxe
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
- Zelda Skyward Sword
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
- Captain Toad
- Mario 3D All Stars.
- Hyrule warriors
- Tokyo Mirage Session
Pikmin had a little work behind it so i'm not listing it.
3D world had bowser's fury as a fat addition and remains the most valuable 1st party port.
A lot of efforts can be seen through Xenoblade's port also.
We'll probably end up having Wind waker and Twilight princess being lazily ported at 60€ each.
I HOPE we don't get Xenoblade Chronicles X ported also and StarFox Zero Ported as well. That would burn the shit out of my mind if we find out that years were spent by Monolith teams working on a port.
StarFox Zero was just bad, i'd rather see a new game, well thought and made for a good old franchise.

Some issues with this post.

MK8 DX was anything but lazy. They fixed the battle mode. Remade it. You can now hold 2 items. Runs at 1080P 60FPS

Xenoblade is not a port.  It's running on a new engine. New assets. Improved geometry. A lot of QOL changes. An entire new story chapter post game.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions added some new music. A new dungeon. A bunch of new costumes. They had to change the Wii U gamepad function.

These last three are ANYTHING but lazy. Not only are these good ports but there is also a dedicated budget and time for a port. Xenon Racer is a lazy port. The Eshop screenshots and trailer LIED to Switch owners. The game has such bad pop in it was unplayable. Running sub 20FPS. Not just lazy but misleading.

Even then, it can be argued some of his other choices are arguably bad as well for example :

- Captain Toad on Switch adds some levels themed around Super Mario Odyssey + they later added DLC to the game. It's also the lowest priced game of the bunch they ported.

- Hyrule Warriors Definitve Edition gave the game a constant 60 fps even on split screen multiplayer + they had to redo all the original content found exclusively on the 3DS version(Legends) for the Switch version. It couldn't technically be a straight port.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

dx11332sega said:

I found that the Switch version of A hat in time didn't include rain in this specific stage from A Hat in Time , the stage in particular is called She came from outer space skip to 23:34 mark of video below to check what I mean? This is a crime.

Video below is me showcasing how beautiful this level is on Xbox One skip to 0:37 mark of video below and later check walls water pouring in 4:06 mark of video watch whole video how beautiful I make this game feel .

On the plus side, The Switch version of A Hat In Time got the dlc right away, while Sony finally got it March 31 2021.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Ark Survival Evolved, Saint's Row 3, WWE 2K18, and Payday 2 are terrible ports on Switch that just reek of a lack of effort and care.

Ark is solid considering its shit on every platform. Even the Series X struggles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Ark Survival Evolved, Saint's Row 3, WWE 2K18, and Payday 2 are terrible ports on Switch that just reek of a lack of effort and care.

Ark is solid considering its shit on every platform. Even the Series X struggles.

It may be shit on every platform but the Switch version is so unbelievably trash that I'd still consider it a lazy port.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

900p 30fps uncapped, here we goooo

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Do we differenciate between lazy ports and catastrophic ports? Because comparing games that are just a straight port, without actually improving or taking advantage of the hardware in any way, with ports that are near unplayable by all modern standards seems unfair.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

One game not mentioned is Ys :VIII

The first like half of the game plays mostly fine. But most of the rest of the game frequently reaches the teens with the framerate and runs at a resolution you'd find on the 3DS. And this is a game that by no means pushes any system to its limits.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together