By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lazier ports from other consoles to Nintendo Switch

dx11332sega said:

I found that the Switch version of A hat in time didn't include rain in this specific stage from A Hat in Time , the stage in particular is called She came from outer space skip to 23:34 mark of video below to check what I mean? This is a crime.

Video below is me showcasing how beautiful this level is on Xbox One skip to 0:37 mark of video below and later check walls water pouring in 4:06 mark of video watch whole video how beautiful I make this game feel .

On the plus side, The Switch version of A Hat In Time got the dlc right away, while Sony finally got it March 31 2021.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Ark Survival Evolved, Saint's Row 3, WWE 2K18, and Payday 2 are terrible ports on Switch that just reek of a lack of effort and care.

Ark is solid considering its shit on every platform. Even the Series X struggles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Ark Survival Evolved, Saint's Row 3, WWE 2K18, and Payday 2 are terrible ports on Switch that just reek of a lack of effort and care.

Ark is solid considering its shit on every platform. Even the Series X struggles.

It may be shit on every platform but the Switch version is so unbelievably trash that I'd still consider it a lazy port.

Do we differenciate between lazy ports and catastrophic ports? Because comparing games that are just a straight port, without actually improving or taking advantage of the hardware in any way, with ports that are near unplayable by all modern standards seems unfair.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Honestly, regardless of extra content, I feel recycling games from Switch's own predecessors in inherently lazy as it's primarily a way to try to get away with not making enough original content. As a Wii U owner, Switch's first party output is quite weak in my view, it only seems good cos they pad it out with old shit.

Mar1217 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

900p 30fps uncapped, here we goooo

Ark is fucking disgusting, it's like they set out to make the most badly optimized games of all time, can't believe people support this trash.

Darwinianevolution said:

Do we differenciate between lazy ports and catastrophic ports? Because comparing games that are just a straight port, without actually improving or taking advantage of the hardware in any way, with ports that are near unplayable by all modern standards seems unfair.

Both can qualify as lazy the way I see it, just in different ways.

Around the Network

Mutant Year Zero. I don't mind playing ugly games, but I do mind it when they are so muddy and blurry that I can't read onscreen text or make out objects.

Redout.

Instead of intelligently tweaking the visuals to accomodate the Switch's lower power spec the way that good ports like Crash 4 or Dragon Quest 11 do, they seem to have just hacked down the resolution until it ran smoothly, and while the framerate is indeed pretty much locked, the graphics are a murky, soupy mess due to the unacceptably low dynamic res.

curl-6 said:

RE4 is my favourite game of all time, but the Switch version is lazy as fuck.

No motion controls, not even 1080p docked or 720p portable despite being a Gamecube game.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I was thinking of getting it on the Switch and giving away my Wii copy to someone who still keeps a Wii plugged in, just to save shelf space. Nevermind now.

burninmylight said:
curl-6 said:

RE4 is my favourite game of all time, but the Switch version is lazy as fuck.

No motion controls, not even 1080p docked or 720p portable despite being a Gamecube game.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I was thinking of getting it on the Switch and giving away my Wii copy to someone who still keeps a Wii plugged in, just to save shelf space. Nevermind now.

Yeah it's a terrible omission given how great the motion controls on the Wii version were, and downright baffling as RE Revelations 1 & 2 on Switch actually do have motion controls.

heavenmercenary01 said:

I can't blame third parties for lazy ports as much as i blame Nintendo for them.
Here's my list:
- Mario kart Deluxe
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
- Zelda Skyward Sword
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
- Captain Toad
- Mario 3D All Stars.
- Hyrule warriors
- Tokyo Mirage Session
Pikmin had a little work behind it so i'm not listing it.

Pikmin is the one with the little effort put in it, all of those games runs better on the Switch, have DLCs and improved resolution and textures.

If I'd call 1 lazy Nintendo port, I'd say is actually Pikmin