By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Forbidden West state of play (w/ DF analysis)

Tagged games:

eva01beserk said:

Was disapointed when it was anounced it was crosgen. But after Spiderman my hype is back. Maybe they will actually add the flight mechanic even thought they said it could not be done on ps4. I dont think people would be mad that there are extra fetures if they have a free upgrade.

I feel like this could be the last cross-gen Sony title. Just purely speculation on my part. At the rate the PS5 is selling, even with shortages, it will be at a good enough point that 2022 titles can still sell millions/make a profit while being PS5 only (I am looking at your God of War Ragnarok, and yes I have zero faith in you coming out in 2021 lol).

Around the Network

Horizon was such a joy to play. I bought the game but took two years to actually play it, but when I finally did it, it was a blast.

To be honest, my prejudice against the idea of supermachines coexisting with men living in tribal societies, made me avoid the game for a lot of time. I was dumb. Now I am super excited for the new game.

PotentHerbs said:
twintail said:

14 mins of gameplay will be great. Thx for the heads up that there is no pre-show but just a countdown

I wonder why they're doing such a long countdown.

maybe they are having an artist draw something, like Ubi afaik did for AC:Valhalla

BraLoD said:

Less than 10 hours now :D

Just 4h for the countdown to start.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The vistas they show right now for the "countdown" look good, but not great. Especially the trees still look pretty "video gamey" due to the lighting - can't tell much more as the stream bitrate is so low. I guess there is a tiny chance, that this is the PS4(pro) version and they'll match last years CGI better with PS5 footage, but I doubt that's the case.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

The vistas they show right now for the "countdown" look good, but not great. Especially the trees still look pretty "video gamey" due to the lighting - can't tell much more as the stream bitrate is so low. I guess there is a tiny chance, that this is the PS4(pro) version and they'll match last years CGI better with PS5 footage, but I doubt that's the case.

The stream already said that all footage is captured in-engine from PS5

I was quite upset, waiting like 8 minutes before realizing the panorama shots of the landscape were just a 5-hour preamble to the actual showcase. that's on me, though.

As for the fidelity of the graphics...I dunno, I've never been one for caring too much about framerates and detail. It's nice, but if I had to choose I'm going to take fun over pretty any day. Plus, I feel art direction is more important than performance. Wind Waker on Gamecube looks better than pretty much anything out today due to just how unique it looked and I will stand by that statement until the day I die. I should replay it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Lafiel said:

Yeah, definitely PS5 but I'm  hopeful the game is more flattering from normal angles. 

Can we at least wait for actual gameplay before coming to conclusions about the graphics lol?

Yeah, this game does absolutely nothing for me gameplay wise. It looks amazing though.