By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Forbidden West state of play (w/ DF analysis)

Tagged games:

Was underwhelming for me and what about the other 6 min?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

This game looks absolutely gorgeous.

the gameplay footage thankfully looked a looot better, really great looking game!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
PotentHerbs said:

Can we at least wait for actual gameplay before coming to conclusions about the graphics lol?

Blows my mind that people here is shit talking the graphics , first its 1080p stream and its better than anything out there. Miles better than every other game like the last ass creed, the next gen and pc watch dogs legion versions and definitly a country mile better than the open world in halo infinity.

The graphical fidelity was mind blowing even at 1080P. The 4K video is going to melt my eyes lol. 

Got to say, I like the improvements in gameplay, from the melee combat, to the human AI, to the expanded platforming/traversal with the grappling hook & glider.

Around the Network

If any of you were judging the visuals based on the stream I'd recommend the video now uploaded to the PS Youtube channel, there's a huge difference in fidelity.

Besides TLOU2, this might be the most detailed environment I've ever seen. Underwater section looked incredible and that music is spectacular.

Absolutely beautiful. Some signs it will capture me more than the first which I quit pretty early on, but still some things that may mean it's not my fit.

+ world traversal looks way more engaging and dynamic.
+environments look gorgeous and despite how dense they are, have really clean hierarchy and navigation
+staff combat looks more exciting

-bow combat still looks like the core battling mechanic and is not giving me the visual feedback/impact that I find satisfying. Also judging by the stiff reticle still no gyro aiming.

Two things in hoping to see:
1) More dynamic world interactions and reasons to use skills outside if combat.
2) sharper, more provocative writing/scripting. I dig the lore but its told in fairly jarring fashion.

So release date seems to be around September-November my guess.

I was honestly hoping for a release window at least. I was already sold on this game.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Yeah, I just wanted a release date. I've already decided I'm getting the game after how good the first one was. The new gameplay features certainly look appealing, and the game looks gorgeous, but I wanted/needed a release date. Like, if this was part of an E3 presentation it'd be immaculate. There wasn't that much here, not enough to be its own presentation I don't think. don't get me wrong, absolutely nothing about this state of play was bad, it just didn't seem like it gave enough info. Like I said, it'd be great as part of a full two hour presentation, but on its own it seemed lacking. and yes, I'm aware it's 'only one game', but we didn't even get a release date! 

Ah well. We have Ratchet & Clank and Kena and FFVII Remake Intergrade on the horizon, I'm good for now.

Last edited by Runa216 - on 27 May 2021

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android