By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Forbidden West state of play (w/ DF analysis)

Tagged games:

Mr_Destiny said:

I was hoping we'd finally see beach sand getting kicked up and flying around. Alas, we may have to wait for PS6...

Plant density looks really good, though! And nothing seemed off about the lighting.

Hold on we dont know that yet. Flying could still be in the game but they showed swimming first. Even if not on release maybe an expansion that adds it later even if ps5 exclusive. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Mr_Destiny said:

I was hoping we'd finally see beach sand getting kicked up and flying around. Alas, we may have to wait for PS6...

Plant density looks really good, though! And nothing seemed off about the lighting.

Hold on we dont know that yet. Flying could still be in the game but they showed swimming first. Even if not on release maybe an expansion that adds it later even if ps5 exclusive. 

Sorry, I meant the beach sand flying around during that fight. Although, watching the Digital Foundry reaction video, there was deformation for the mammoth's laser beams and a bit of pre-calculated sand flinging and RDR2-style "trough" deformation in a cutscene.

Mr_Destiny said:

I think we could see that in a PS5 exclusive Horizon coming later this generation.

I'm starting to get worried with the PS4 release, not sure if it can handle this level of graphics fidelity

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 30 May 2021

One of my favorite new IPs last gen. I think this is the most impressive cross-gen game I have ever seen.

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

I'm starting to get worried with the PS4 release, not sure if it can handle this level of graphics fidelity

I'm sure the game will run very well on ps4, but be prepared for 30fps, and also giant reduction in resolution and quality of textures. In addition get ready to see pop ins, textures and objects appearing out of nowhere all the time!

my prediction:
PS4 > a bit lacking, but still solid, 30fps under 1080p.
Ps4 > solid, 30 fps 1080p.
Ps5 > 2 modes, 30fps/4k/good raytrace and 60fps/"fake4k"/lower raytrace, pop ins are 99% gonein both modes.

The "price" of Crossgen is high, but this game will still be one of the best looking games ever, very likely to be the best looking game of 2021.

Gonna be playing on PS4 Pro. Been looking forward to this game since before it was even announced.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Manlytears said:
Ps5 > 2 modes, 30fps/4k/good raytrace and 60fps/"fake4k"/lower raytrace, pop ins are 99% gonein both modes.

The presentation didn't look rendered at native 4k to me. There was significant artifacting going on in Aloy's hair, especially in the underwater part.

Obviously it might be an old build and last time GG managed to up the rendering res from 1800p checkerboarded in the presentation of HZD to 2160p cb in the final release on PS4pro.

Not to worried about some of the static environments, although it would be nice if they added life to it since they managed to do it for the underwater parts. Hoping they have learnt to designed better quests from God of War and Ghost of Tsushima.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Will probably book a week of work if it releases in Nov and spend some quality time with it.

Edit: I hear some people saying they wanted the ability to climb anywhere, but I'm glad they didn't. I hate the stamina mechanic and the whole thing feels slow and clunky in every game I've played it. 

I wouldn't put AC in the same climb anything as there are many things you can't climb in AC. The structure has to be right for you to be able to climb it in AC games unlike BotW and Fenyx. 

I enjoyed GoT's platforming sections and if HFW can manage that, I'll be happy.

Last edited by Fei-Hung - on 31 May 2021

I... I don't like her face. It looks weird.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 05 June 2021