I'll stop you right there, there is no proof given by Israel that Hamas was in any of the buildings it destroyed. And sorry but Israel has responded disproportionately as it has killed more than 140 palestenians including 39 children. More palestenians are hurt and injured and more have died, and most of them have nothing to do with Hamas. Israel has destroyed the only clinic that was testing for covid and has destroyed the building that houses many media HQ and even US's Blinken has said that there is no proof there was any Hamas there.
Also remember the ones whose home that land is are the palestenians. The palestenians included Jews, Christians and Muslims and all of them are natives and the sons and daughters of the natives of the land. The Palestenian Jews joined Israel and the rest of the Jews came from all over the world hence not native. Israel is the occupier and has all the power and has the power to stop this violence. Israel attacked worshippers at Al-Aqsa mosque, the worshippers didn't attack anyone first. The protestors were outside and they are separate. The palestenians that are being thrown out of Sheikh Jarrah have lived there for decades. It's not an eviction as it is an expulsion from their own homes. And do you know tear gas is prohibited in war yet somehow is used by police to quell protestors around the world. Did you also know Israel used skunk bombs which emit horrible smells and makes it difficult to breathe. And did you also know that rubber coated steel bullets still hurt like hell and can permanently injure you like cause blindness. And Israeli police attacked protestors first in response to which they threw the rocks. You have it flipped.
Finally this conflict started in 1948. Ancient history is irrelevant because a lot of wars and displacements have happened and they were wrong but they have been over for hundreds of not thousands of years. At this present moment, it's happening to palestenians, not Israelis and that is the truth. This ain't a conflict nor a war, it's a one sided brutalization by an occupying apartheid regime lead by an ethno-supremacist corrupt leader. What Hamas does is wrong but Hamas has ko power. Israel has ALL the power and it can stop the violence when it wants and it can do basically anything it wants with impunity in the region. Israel could;be went into Gaza and stormed into capture Hamas operatives if it actually wanted to minimize civilian casualty. Israel by international law is committing war crimes that have killed a lot of innocent human beings. If that is not disproportionate, I don't know what is.
1. The information I typed above is almost exclusively information I found online and not my opinion. Some opinions are thrown in, sure, but most of it was typed in an effort to simply find and share information found.
2. I understand more Palestinians have died than Israeli's, but how do we know which side did more of the killing? Hamas had over 300 (and counting) missiles accidentally land in Palestinian districts. Regardless, it is tragic.
3. If President Biden truly thought there was no proof Hamas was in the building, do you really think he would be bucking his own political party by declaring Israel had and continues to have a right to defend itself? Apparently Israel showed the President clear evidence they were in the building. This isn't a Republican/pro-Israel president. This is a president absolutely pushed by the left to hate Israel and yet, somehow, he concluded they were in the right (which is a pretty good indication the evidence was overwhelming). The only other alternative is that President Biden incompetently handled the situation. So either Biden is incompetent or he received overwhelming evidence that Hamas was in the media building using it as a shield. As to which one it is, none of us will probably ever know as that will be classified I assume?
4. Those non-native Palestinian Jews absolutely were natives of the land centuries ago before being forced to migrate due to persecution. And they continued to experience persecution wherever they went and still to this day do. They have not once in thousands of years (since the Babylonian captivity) experienced a time where they had land of their own that they weren't being forced out of or persecuted in. Disregarding what they have been through will only lead to a lack of empathy and understanding. No people group on this planet has been through as many hardships for as long lasting as the Jews have.
5. It is sad that those people are being forced out of their homes for decades. But it is also said Israeli's were forced out of their homes for thousands of years.
6. I don't know the context of how tear gas and rubber bullets were used or when. I only have what the internet tells me, because I wasn't there. All I know is they absolutely used less lethal methods than they could have. I'm not saying what they did was right, I'm just saying it could have been considerably worse if they wanted.
7. Hamas has no power? Hamas has a lot of power. They know the entire world is watching. They also know countries like Iran are just itching to finally have the justification to try to wipe out Israel. Hamas knows if they can start something, then play the victim while Israel does more and more, that they could finally achieve their long term goal.
8. Why would Israel send actual physical troops in to capture/kill Hamas leaders? Militant/terrorists groups are known for blowing themselves up, along with other innocent bystanders, even using detonators attached to children, to get their way. Then they celebrate these murders by calling them martyrs and act like they did nothing wrong. Why would Israel want to jeopardize the lives of not only their soldiers, but of Palestinian civilizations by sending troops in? Yes, Palestinian civilizations died in this and that is tragic, but a lot more would have died had they done a infantry invasion into that building.
9. Those ancient miseries have never been over for the Jews. They know their history. They know for thousands of years all it takes is one strong group and boom, they are displaced or treated like slaves. For thousands of years they have lived like that, and you say "history is irrelevant"? If that is truly your perspective, I'm not sure responding back and forth will be worth it because that is an extremely narrow squinting of the eyes when looking at history.