By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS vs Sony's lowest selling; Original Xbox vs PS Vita

Which is better?

PS Vita 19 22.89%

Original Xbox 64 77.11%

Total:83

Original Xbox. So many memories with friends and family, especially Halo:CE.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

The original Xbox was a great system. As soon as I played Halo:CE at a friends house, I immediately wanted one.

ArchangelMadzz said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

ArchangelMadzz said:

I mean we can get pedantic but sure, 2 and a half years.. (lol)

And as already said sales were low cause hardware sales were low because of a situation they put themselves in by having it at a high price and overprice proprietary memory solution.

Also no, if there was a playstation portable with a dedicated spiderman, ratchet and clank, god of war gran turismo, naughty dog game(at least we got that), bloodborne-ish game, infamous game etc etc. With a competitive price and consumer friendly storage solutions. And it still failed you'd have a point. But that didn't happen

Nintendo big games can easiily sell 10-15mil or more at full $60 even after 3-4 years, can't say that for sony games, and the best selling games on sony systems are never sony games. Just look at the top selling games on ps4 then compare it to Switch or 3ds, you will understand. 

That is all completely irrelevant. PS4 Showed how influential and important first party Sony titles are, and they all sold really damn well. 

Sorry, they are relevant, without 3rd party games, Sony games alone can't do anything to convince a lot of people getting their systems. Majority people get PS4 for 3rd party, 1st party is just bonus, look at the top selling games on ps4.

Now, in vita cases, the West want to play big games on tv (both 1st and 3rd) so they often ignored the vita, but Nintendo games on 3ds are different.

We saw that with psp too actually, why it was so popular:
In the west, because it is a multimedia device. 
In Japan, because it has Monster Hunter. 
Hardware sale: great
Software sale: terrible, it has only 3 games sold more than 5 millions.

The one with the Idea Factory Seal of Disapproval.

I just remembered the Vita TV is a thing, which means I can't hide behind "I don't like handhelds" haha.

I guess in that case it just comes down to games, in this case Uncharted/Killzone/Wipeout vs Halo 1 & 2, Star Wars Battlefront, Doom 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, etc.

If Vita hadn't lost Monster Hunter to 3DS it'd be a close fight, but in this case I still gotta give it fairly comfortably to Xbox as while I did enjoy the PS3 versions of Uncharted/Killzone/Wipeout, even if the Vita versions are as enjoyable or close to it, that wouldn't be quite enough to overcome the amount of fun I got out of the listed Xbox games.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

That is all completely irrelevant. PS4 Showed how influential and important first party Sony titles are, and they all sold really damn well. 

Sorry, they are relevant, without 3rd party games, Sony games alone can't do anything to convince a lot of people getting their systems. Majority people get PS4 for 3rd party, 1st party is just bonus, look at the top selling games on ps4.

Now, in vita cases, the West want to play big games on tv (both 1st and 3rd) so they often ignored the vita, but Nintendo games on 3ds are different.

I said it's irrelevant because sony games do sell 5-10 and even 15+ million.

edit: Vgchartz just made an article on how Uncharted 4 sold 37 million units...

I still don't see why you disagreed with my initial point of it having bad support. All you've done is argue that it had bad support..

Last edited by ArchangelMadzz - on 10 May 2021

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I still don't see why you disagreed with my initial point of it having bad support. All you've done is argue that it had bad support..

37 million players, not units.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Ah yes, 16 million sold as of 2019. 

The point is still valid though

ArchangelMadzz said:
Rafie said:

Wirhout 3rd party, how many ps4 could be sold?

How many copies from those 16mil are full $60?

And sony 1st party games may work for some diehard fans of console, but they are meaningless on portable, no matter how big or how good they are.

HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Wirhout 3rd party, how many ps4 could be sold?

How many copies from those 16mil are full $60?

And sony 1st party games may work for some diehard fans of console, but they are meaningless on portable, no matter how big or how good they are.

So you agree it had bad support?