By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

Resident Evil Zero 19 2.25%

Resident Evil (remake included) 116 13.73%

Resident Evil 2 (remake included) 206 24.38%

Resident Evil 3 (remake included) 35 4.14%

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X 49 5.80%

Resident Evil 4 337 39.88%

Resident Evil 5 27 3.20%

Resident Evil 6 8 0.95%

Resident Evil VII 48 5.68%

Total:845
TruckOSaurus said:

VII is much closer to 1-3 than 4-6. I put it off for a long time because of the first person perspective but was pleasantly surprised by it. VIII seems to be going for the same formula as VII.

I just can't stand the 1st person view, and the whole "goo monsters" thing, along with ques taken from Texas Chainsaw massacre. It's got some puzzles and the like, but it just doesn't feel Resi to me, like the originals were. What I look for in a Resi game is more from the original series and Outbreak.

I also don't like the idea of a villain we can ogle our eyes over in what is meant to be a pure dreaded horror game, where you're actually meant to be scared, rather than "yeah baby, come to daddy, step on me!", and that's pretty much what I end up seeing around me (as well as my art circles I'm in on Discord, where some of my friends flat out draw the main boss of 8 in NSFW scenarios, which just makes me ask, "why?"). Like Resi 7, 8 looks to be putting me off the most, and if 8 sells well, then I can kiss anything else from the OG series coming back, goodbye (except 4, I never really cared for 4 as much as people do on here). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4. Bought it both on GameCube and Wii. The Wii version is awesome. Was actually thinking of giving it another playthrough soon.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I've only played REmake 1 and REmake 2, but I enjoy REmake 1 more by far. In fact, it became my favorite game of all time, and the first time in a long ass time where I actually restarted and played through a game again immediately or almost immediately after finishing it.

I think based on what I've seen of the other games, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil VII would be my 2nd and 3rd favorites, not sure what order they'd be in. 4 because of Shinji Mikami, VII because it looks to basically be a modern day version of the classic RE formula, which is great. I also am quite excited to get to original RE2 soon.

I guess it's a bit of a tossup between Resident Evil 2 and 4, though having played REmake 2 kind of tilts me towards choosing 2. Other highlights for me would be REmake 1, RE0, and RE7, though I think with the exception of 6, all numbered RE games are at the very least good, solid games.

All time favorite main series RE game, is REmake 1. I still play it anytime at my workplace with my Switch, i did play the rest main Resident Evil games and finished them, but didn't feel like i'm in the mood to replay again anymore.

>What are your hopes and expectations for the upcoming Resident Evil VIII?

Hmm, i don't know. *shrugs*

Around the Network

REmake.

I liked 4 but fell off the series after that. I prefer the gameplay of REmake and wish they kept that. Crimson heads were esp awesome. I'd be curious to see Capcom remake Code Veronica or if they could Sweet Home.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Resident Evil 4.
Can't wait for the remake.

Re1 dual shock version, ps1

The original one was the best. It had a very distinct atmosphere that has not been able to be replicated by the sequels, which started to balloon more and more into the shooter action territory and big spectacle. Well, the second one was pretty on point still, before the downhill began.
The first one, man. It really felt like you were alone in a weird and mysterious mansion in the middle of nowhere, trying to survive whatever horrors was going to be thrown your way. Little by little, the plot and the lore started to unfold. Umbrella corporation? What's that?
The fourth one seems to be universally loved. I mean it was good, but it sometimes felt a little aloof, just running around in the countryside and shooting respawning monsters. Really started the trend of action and flashiness over mystery and suspense. And the weird merchant thing was so awkward, it destroyed any sense of groundedness going forward. Just felt so gamey.

RE4 is not only the best RE but one of the best games of all time.

It's also the only one I feel the cheesiness became a parody instead of something that was awkwardly just there like in the other pre-RE7 titles. Even REmake, as good as it is, is starting to show its cheese nowadays (although, to be fair, most console games still had bad voice acting by then).