By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

Resident Evil Zero 19 2.25%

Resident Evil (remake included) 116 13.74%

Resident Evil 2 (remake included) 206 24.41%

Resident Evil 3 (remake included) 35 4.15%

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X 49 5.81%

Resident Evil 4 336 39.81%

Resident Evil 5 27 3.20%

Resident Evil 6 8 0.95%

Resident Evil VII 48 5.69%

Total:844

RE4. The one true masterpiece.

Not really sure what I expect of 8. Just want a good RE game. Chances are high judging from the last three.

Around the Network

The 1996 original. I will always have a soft spot for this one as I played this around release and it was unlike anything I'd come across before. The story, the atmosphere, the music, the sense of discovery as you explored the mansion and its surroundings - all of it was incredible. I wish I could go back and experience it for the first time all over again.

RE3 and RE2 (both originals) take second and third spot.

I think there is no debate: Resident evil 4
The other ones are not bad but they are not masterpiece like RE4

Please support planet earth with ecosia and support me by visiting my website

RE4 on Wii remains the best Resident Evil experience, through RE2make on PC and RE7 in VR are something special.

Resident Evil 4 Wii version is my favourite specifically because of the motion controls. Third person shooting in that game was lots of fun.
Otherwise, Resident Evil 2 is my favourite.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

All the people saying RE4...

I love you guys.

RE4 Wii... *chef's kiss*

The original 2 although the remake of 2 was fantastic as well. I didn't have the PS1 but did play a bit of Resident Evil 1 at a friends house and thought it looked incredible. But I did get to play 2 on the N64 and that game was one of my favorite games of that generation. Resident Evil 4 and 7 payed in VR are not too far off. Playing a full tipple A game in vr was an experience, that hasn't been topped since in vr.

Resident Evil 4. It's also my favorite game of all time.

My expectations for Village are a high due to REVII turning out great. Only wish is the latter portion of the game doesnt drop in quality like it did in REVII (ship section)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

h2ohno said:

RE4 on Wii remains the best Resident Evil experience, through RE2make on PC and RE7 in VR are something special.

My three favorites, too.

A RE4make in VR with motion controls could top them (PSVR2 or PCVR).

RE 2, which to me is the only geniunly good one. RE 7 would come as a far second.

Bonus: Seems like the setting is similar to 4, which is not great for me, so I hope it resembles 7 more. Low expectations really.