By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

Resident Evil Zero 19 2.25%

Resident Evil (remake included) 116 13.74%

Resident Evil 2 (remake included) 206 24.41%

Resident Evil 3 (remake included) 35 4.15%

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X 49 5.81%

Resident Evil 4 336 39.81%

Resident Evil 5 27 3.20%

Resident Evil 6 8 0.95%

Resident Evil VII 48 5.69%

Total:844

Resident Evil 4, no doubt. It brought great and permanent gameplay changes to the franchise. There is no going back after RE4, there’s only going forward.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 5. It may not be the best game of the series by it's merits, but it's the one I have the fondest memories of them all. I used to play co-op a lot with a special someone whom is no longer a part of my life. All those sleepless nights shooting the crap out of the majinis, damn, I'm getting nostalgic now. I miss those days so much.

Only played 4, 5, and 7 of the mainline games. 4 is definitely my favorite, and one of my favorite games in general.

Original RE3. Love what they done with RE7, so I'm excited for RE8.

OG 2. I like all the OG Resi games and their Remakes (besides REmake 3), but Outbreak file 1-2 hold a special place in my heart.

Shame Resident evil as a franchise is basically done for me after Remake 3, since they aren't going to bother remaking Outbreak or Code V, there's nothing really left for me that scratches my survival horror itch.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Code Veronica. For me that's the best re game in the seriess

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

As for my least favorite, it's probably Resident Evil 5. Yes, I had more fun with RE6 than RE5.

Does Sheva "here's some ammo so your inventory is full and can't pick up that green herb you desperately need to heal" have anything to do with that?

Chazore said:

OG 2. I like all the OG Resi games and their Remakes (besides REmake 3), but Outbreak file 1-2 hold a special place in my heart.

Shame Resident evil as a franchise is basically done for me after Remake 3, since they aren't going to bother remaking Outbreak or Code V, there's nothing really left for me that scratches my survival horror itch.

VII is much closer to 1-3 than 4-6. I put it off for a long time because of the first person perspective but was pleasantly surprised by it. VIII seems to be going for the same formula as VII.

-----------------------

As for my vote, it's Resident Evil 4 all the way, I've bought the game 3 times (GC, Wii and PC) and I'm sometimes tempted to buy it on Switch as well. It's such a great game with perfect pacing, amazing gameplay, fun characters that stills holds up very well today.

Second place would go to Resident Evil 2 (original and remake) then I have a soft spot for Resident Evil 5 because of how incredibly fun it was to play from start to finish with my brother. Finally, like I said earlier, I was very pleasantly surprised by VII.

Signature goes here!

Player2 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

As for my least favorite, it's probably Resident Evil 5. Yes, I had more fun with RE6 than RE5.

Does Sheva "here's some ammo so your inventory is full and can't pick up that green herb you desperately need to heal" have anything to do with that?

It was part of the reasons, yeah.

At least in Resident Evil 6 you don't need to worry about your partner doing stupid things. Also, I enjoyed Leon's campaign a lot.

Since its the one I played the most I go with Resident Evil 5 but Resident Evil 4 is a close second looking forward to the remake since I'm skipping RE Village just like I skipped RE 7.