By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

Resident Evil Zero 19 2.29%

Resident Evil (remake included) 111 13.41%

Resident Evil 2 (remake included) 203 24.52%

Resident Evil 3 (remake included) 35 4.23%

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X 48 5.80%

Resident Evil 4 331 39.98%

Resident Evil 5 26 3.14%

Resident Evil 6 8 0.97%

Resident Evil VII 47 5.68%

Total:828

Resident Evil 4.

I wish "too much action" was RE 6's problem. Even cutscenes are problematic:

A zombie grabs Lion's leg. Before anything can be done, a cutscene of an ambulance out of control running downhill towards him kicks in. Can't get rid of the zombie before the ambulance runs over Lion because the escape QTE's take too long. Instakill.

It's so bad it makes Final Fantasy X look like Paper Mario TTYD.

Last edited by Player2 - on 05 April 2021

Around the Network

Mainline: RE4 on Gamecube

I really wanna give Resident Evil: Revelations 2 a shout out for fleshing out the lore and exploring unanswered questions. Also the simple, but well designed puzzles are some of the best in the series.

Ugh! RE8 can't come soon enough. I can't express how that game is the top of my list for most anticipated upcoming game.

Nostalgia dictates RE2, and the REmake...

But I gave my vote to VII. It went in a new direction, but it captured survival horror very well. I think if I put nostalgia aside, VII would be my favorite so far.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I was so surprised with Resident Evil VII being a return to the survival horror formula that I voted for it.

As for my least favorite, it's probably Resident Evil 5. Yes, I had more fun with RE6 than RE5.

Resident Evil 4, first I played in the series, and still the best one I've played.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4, no doubt. It brought great and permanent gameplay changes to the franchise. There is no going back after RE4, there’s only going forward.

Resident Evil 5. It may not be the best game of the series by it's merits, but it's the one I have the fondest memories of them all. I used to play co-op a lot with a special someone whom is no longer a part of my life. All those sleepless nights shooting the crap out of the majinis, damn, I'm getting nostalgic now. I miss those days so much.

The first two and their remakes are close.

But RE4 to me is a game I often want to replay (and some times do) because I find it so well made in nearly every aspect. And New Game + makes it replay friendly.

Bonus: I'm not sure because I haven't played 7, and this one may be the most similar to 7. But it's giving me some RE4 vibes, and I'm liking the character designs of the vampire ladies so far. And the merchant seems to be another nod to RE4.

DragonRouge said:

Resident Evil 5. It may not be the best game of the series by it's merits, but it's the one I have the fondest memories of them all. I used to play co-op a lot with a special someone whom is no longer a part of my life. All those sleepless nights shooting the crap out of the majinis, damn, I'm getting nostalgic now. I miss those days so much.

The co-op with a friend in RE5 was really fun. Had a lot of memorable sessions with it.
One for example was when my friend failed a quicktime event 10+ times in a row, and it got to the point where I couldn't stop laughing. And when they finally succeeded, I was caught off guard that it was finally my turn to push a button, so I failed as well, and started laughing even more because of it.

Good times.

Only played 4, 5, and 7 of the mainline games. 4 is definitely my favorite, and one of my favorite games in general.

Original RE3. Love what they done with RE7, so I'm excited for RE8.