By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

What's your favorite main series Resident Evil game?

Resident Evil Zero 19 2.25%

Resident Evil (remake included) 116 13.74%

Resident Evil 2 (remake included) 206 24.41%

Resident Evil 3 (remake included) 35 4.15%

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X 49 5.81%

Resident Evil 4 336 39.81%

Resident Evil 5 27 3.20%

Resident Evil 6 8 0.95%

Resident Evil VII 48 5.69%

Total:844

Still think 1st one is the best

Around the Network

I've only played the first two back on PS1. I seem to remember the first one being better.

It's a hard pick for me between RE1 (the GC remake) and RE4. REmake embodies everything that makes the old school Resident Evils great but RE4 is the best overall game. I haven't played the RE2 and RE3 remakes yet but they both look good. And yes, RE6 is the worst.

Bonus answer: I have very high hopes for RE8 and I'm the most excited I've been for Resident Evil since RE4 was first announced. The aesthetics look superb and I really like the theme; love those twisted vampire ladies.

I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 myself, but never really played much of the other games.

I think I just liked Chris Redfield as a character more than anything.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

KLXVER said:

RE4. The one true masterpiece.

Not really sure what I expect of 8. Just want a good RE game. Chances are high judging from the last three.

Basically this. Though, I haven't tried much of the other RE games.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4.

I wish "too much action" was RE 6's problem. Even cutscenes are problematic:

A zombie grabs Lion's leg. Before anything can be done, a cutscene of an ambulance out of control running downhill towards him kicks in. Can't get rid of the zombie before the ambulance runs over Lion because the escape QTE's take too long. Instakill.

It's so bad it makes Final Fantasy X look like Paper Mario TTYD.

Last edited by Player2 - on 05 April 2021

Mainline: RE4 on Gamecube

I really wanna give Resident Evil: Revelations 2 a shout out for fleshing out the lore and exploring unanswered questions. Also the simple, but well designed puzzles are some of the best in the series.

Ugh! RE8 can't come soon enough. I can't express how that game is the top of my list for most anticipated upcoming game.

Nostalgia dictates RE2, and the REmake...

But I gave my vote to VII. It went in a new direction, but it captured survival horror very well. I think if I put nostalgia aside, VII would be my favorite so far.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I was so surprised with Resident Evil VII being a return to the survival horror formula that I voted for it.

As for my least favorite, it's probably Resident Evil 5. Yes, I had more fun with RE6 than RE5.

Resident Evil 4, first I played in the series, and still the best one I've played.