By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 13, 2021 - (Mar 22 - Mar 28)

Sold less physically than monster hunter world on the ps4, I did not expect that, and since Switch always sells relatively less digitally than PS consoles, its going to be a bit lower when you add digital. However I do expect over time the Switch will outsell the PS4 version in Japan.
Good switch numbers though this week

Around the Network
deerox said:
kenjab said:

PS5 - 62,295

Seems like the PS5 is doing pretty well.

Yes, this is the best week for PS5 since launch.  Must have gotten a nice stock bump as it was consistently 30K - 40K the last few weeks.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Rise wins the week as expected. Seems Capcom understocked it a bit. Switch is up, but not as much as with Animal Crossing last year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

GProgrammer said:

Sold less physically than monster hunter world on the ps4, I did not expect that, and since Switch always sells relatively less digitally than PS consoles, its going to be a bit lower when you add digital. However I do expect over time the Switch will outsell the PS4 version in Japan.
Good switch numbers though this week

Yeah Monster Hunter World sold to about 1/3 of all PS4 owners, I think Monster Hunter Rise can hit at least 1/5 of Switch owners.

kenjab said:

One other note: Switch sales passed 19M LTD in Japan this week. (I miss Marth and his table when he did these posts!)

Am I a joke to you ?

SKMBlake said:

The Switch reaches 19 million in Japan, and still keep its lead over last year. That's huge

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:

Sold less physically than monster hunter world on the ps4, I did not expect that

Mostly due to stock issues, 94% of the physical release were sold.

More Switches sold in Japan than PS5 & PS4 WW last week

SKMBlake said:
GProgrammer said:

Sold less physically than monster hunter world on the ps4, I did not expect that

I can't recall. What was the sell through for Monster Hunter World physical during the first week?

SKMBlake said:
GProgrammer said:

Do we have comparisons with Worlds physical release and sell through? And digital for that matter. I'm surprised considering how much bigger Switch's install base was but I guess its software market (in terms of big sellers) is more crowded than PS4's.

The Astro Bot demo must be red hot in Japan