By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Zack Snyder's Justice League: Did you watch it?

Is Zack Snyder's Justice League better than theatrical

Yes 26 56.52%

No 4 8.70%

Don't care 11 23.91%

Same 5 10.87%

Total:46

I didn't like the original, and frankly I don't expect I'd like this one either.
But I am very interested in seeing how different it is from the original, and how well a 4 hour format works.

Because we now live in a world where cinema going isn't very viable for who-knows-how-long, so movies don't have to be restricted down to what feels like a reasonable amount of time before people in the audience need to go for a bathroom break, or make dinner, or their legs cramp up from sitting for too long, etc.

We often hear about how movies have a lot of important scenes left on the cutting room floor, partially because of this. So if that's not a concern going forward, then maybe 3-4 hour films will become more of a norm.

Around the Network

I personally liked it a lot.

It fixed a lot of issues from the original and added much needed characterization and context. While it's still not as good as say the Avengers 1, it is pretty close for me.

There are still some flaws and weird plot points but thankfully, no stupid Martha moment from BvS. I also like the fact that every character has something to do and was integral to saving the planet. Also I am glad they got rid of Steppenwolf's stupid "Mother" fetish.

Spoiler!
And that Steppenwolf has an ulterior motive which is him trying to get back to his home world instead of just "Time to take over the world."

Would love to see Zack Snyder's JL2 if that ever becomes a reality.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

As someone who enjoyed Man of Steel, hated BvS, and didn't even bother to see the theatrical cut of Justice League, I thought this was actually surprisingly good. I can't compare it to the theatrical cut, obviously, but I would honestly say this is one of Zack's better movies. Does it still have it's issues? You bet. There's some pretty bizarre music choices at times, Lois mostly has nothing to do (as always), I don't like Ezra as the Flash, there's more than a fair few scenes that could be cut or trimmed down (I can only watch Aquaman rip his shirt off so many times before getting insecure about my own masculinity), and the plot has a couple of glaring holes (Darkseid FORGOT the one planet he got his ass kicked on?). That said, at the end of those 4 hours, I not only found I'd had a good time, but was actually kinda disappointed I probably won't get to see the rest of Zack's JL saga play out.

I finished it yesterday. That movie is so much better than the theatrical one it isn't even funny. Justin League is one of the worst super hero movies I've ever seen. Snyder Cut is in probably the top 25% best ones I've ever seen.

Also, now that I've seen that, I really do think this whole episodic/mini-series-like approach is so much better than a rushed 2 hour film. Standalone movies are fine, but combining so many characters? 4 hours was perfect for that and it didn't even feel long (it felt just right).

Slowmotion the movie. I dont know how zack snyder made this shit , i love most of his movies but this is by far his worst movie that i seen.
Hated the color filter this movie had, looked so bad with no color and 4:3 is garbage too. It was better than the shit joss version but 4 hours made this hard to watch.

Around the Network

As some others have said it was a messed up turd before and now it was converted into two turds with some sprinkled trash for a makeover, as some people have noted there wasn't a "snyder cut", he left when he had a movie almost done because of his family problem then the other director came and completed a bit of what was necesary to round up the movie for a runtime about 2 hours, but in the end Snyder likes to play victim everytime the critics bashed his movies in response he always comes up with the same shit "i filmed more than four hours of scenes" and the like, so they gave him 70 million and went to shoot more scenes during all of 2020 and so when he says "you only saw like 25% of what i filmed", but of course if you went and filmed more than four hours of footage then of course the original film it's only going to represent a fraction of what you are launching as "one movie" when in reality you were going originally to make justice league part one and two as two separate movies, i'm considereing wether seeing it right now or wait someday when i'm bored, some say that if he ran at normal speed what he did in slow motion you basically could save like half and hour of time wasted.

I saw in youtube because it was an ad, a comparison someone made of the scene with the batmobile and the league in what was the final battle scene of the theatrical release and it's like completely the same, the same key-scenes appear in the two movies but in the Snyder version he likes to stretch the scenes a lot, by using his retarded slow mo every 30 seconds and by including a lot of trash with more explosions and lasers it's like he basically doesn't know what the editing room is for, i don't know who can like his style of photography everything looks too dark and blurry it's almost impossible to see anything, and like with Michael bay transformers he crowds the screen with so much shit everything begins to look confusing.

I have been a fan of DC almost since i've been born and have read and watched most of the modern materials that exist of DC superheroes and some key classic material, i always felt that the DC comics were written far better than what was churned out by Marvel because they didn't try to tackle the "serious problems" in the very wrong way marvel keep doing, but i think in movies deparment Marvel is too superior to Snyder movies, not to DC movies in general, but to Snyder movies and some other turds like green lantern.

Some critics are giving it now some fair scores just because some of them they are pretty impressionable by things like shock value, like when our heroes lose or are killed by the villains, like when they lauded the animated Justice League apokolips war for the same reason.

I saw it Thursday. How someone could watch this move and decide to comission the Whedon Cut is beyond me. I guess that's one of the reasons the people in charge at WB when this decision was made are gone. It's not perfect. Some odd music choices, too much slow mo, and the epilogue dragged on too long. That said it was an enjoyable movie over all. I completely understand why Ray Fisher was so pissed off. Whedon basically cut him out of the movie. He took the biggest hit out of all the characters by far. Whedon, and I didn't realize this until someone pointed this out to me, has a habit of giving characters he doesn't know what to do with menial tasks in team up films. This was readily apparent with the Flash. He's integral to the Snyder Cut and he's inconsequential in the Whedon cut. Wonder Woman was Wonder Woman in this version of the movie. While Whedon was focused on zooming the camera on Gal's butt whenever possible, Snyder showed off what a bad ass Wonder Woman is. The Amazons also got hosed by Whedon. They were far more impressive in this cut. The character, IMO, that got screwed the worse outside of Cyborg was Steppenwolf. In the Snyder Cut you see why they need to bring Superman back to fight him because he's show to be far more dangerous and brutal of a fighter. Not only that he is a character. He has an arc. He has motivation. He isn't just babbling "Mother...." creepily at some metallic cubes for two hours. Finally, Whedon re-filmed so many scenes that were just plain better in the original cut and scenes that didn't even need to be change to fit the narrative he was attempting construct in his cut. Prime example is Clark and Lois at the Kent farm. Like why did they bring Cavill back to film a worse version of the same scene with a weird CGI mouth.

Side Note: The studio set a hard 2 hour limit for Whedon, so why did he waste so much time on that Russian family and cut so many plot necessary characters. He could have used that time on some of the Cyborg scenes he cut.

I do have one big plot point issue with the movie and the reason why I hate it is because it could have been easily fixed.

Spoiler!

And the issue is the fact that when Darkseid invades Earth the first time, he loses... He is supposed to be this zomg villain and yet we see him getting his arse kicked. And then the movie tells us that it's the only invasion that he lost yet he apparently forgot about it. Compare this to say Thanos who never gets defeated in MCU (until End Game) and is able to take on the Hulk who we have seen been crazy strong.

The urghh thing is how easily this could have been fixed. Throughout the movie, we see Steppenwolf tell us the reason he is doing all this for Darkseid is because he wants to return home but he can't because he betrayed Darkseid and needs to conquer 50,000 worlds before he can. But we are never told as to exactly how he betrayed Darksied or anything like that if I remember correctly.

So why not instead have it so that instead of Darkseid being defeated in the first invasion, Steppenwolf is the one that gets defeated and he loses the Motherboxes. And the purpose of the current invasion would be for Steppenwolf to retrieve the Motherboxes he lost in and conquer the plannet order to return home. That way, we wouldn't see Darkseid being defeated and imo, would raise the stakes for Steppenwolf even more.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Captain_Yuri said:

I do have one big plot point issue with the movie and the reason why I hate it is because it could have been easily fixed.

Spoiler!

And the issue is the fact that when Darkseid invades Earth the first time, he loses... He is supposed to be this zomg villain and yet we see him getting his arse kicked. And then the movie tells us that it's the only invasion that he lost yet he apparently forgot about it. Compare this to say Thanos who never gets defeated in MCU (until End Game) and is able to take on the Hulk who we have seen been crazy strong.

The urghh thing is how easily this could have been fixed. Throughout the movie, we see Steppenwolf tell us the reason he is doing all this for Darkseid is because he wants to return home but he can't because he betrayed Darkseid and needs to conquer 50,000 worlds before he can. But we are never told as to exactly how he betrayed Darksied or anything like that if I remember correctly.

So why not instead have it so that instead of Darkseid being defeated in the first invasion, Steppenwolf is the one that gets defeated and he loses the Motherboxes. And the purpose of the current invasion would be for Steppenwolf to retrieve the Motherboxes he lost in and conquer the plannet order to return home. That way, we wouldn't see Darkseid being defeated and imo, would raise the stakes for Steppenwolf even more.

That would be much better.

It was a much better movie. Still not a fan of the Snyderverse as a whole.

My Real Redneck friends