By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Northman

Great visual presentation, world building, and attention to detail, but ultimately the story was a bit too barebones to keep me engaged.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 October 2022

Around the Network

This shocking blooper from Bear In The Big Blue House.

Forgot to update since the hack.

Cobra Kai Season 5

Yet another amazing season, Cobra Kai don't miss, I can't believe this became one of my favourite shows, Lol.  It's so anime and crazy, if these dudes suddenly became Power Rangers one episode, I would roll with it, Lol. Baffling that Sony is deciding to bring back Karate Kid but rebooting it again and not part of Cobra Kai canon.

Westworld Season 4

It started good and went onto great around the midway mark but then they shit the bed with the ending, I'm at the stage where I wouldn't really mind if Season 5 didn't happen, I don't know why I should care much about S5's story. Still better than the mess of S2 and forgettable S3 but nowhere near the heights of Season 1.

Obi Wan Kenobi Season 1

It was fine, Ewan was amazing as usual, I liked child Leia too and their scenes together were fun, a certain fight was awesome, but the main villain sucked and had a weak backstory and some of the scenes were poorly done. Not sure I'd really care if it has another season or not, but I'll watch it, nevertheless.

The Wheel of Time Season 1

Enjoyed it but the ending was so damn anticlimactic, I don't read the books, so I don't care what they changed, I liked the actors and characters and I'm interested in learning more about the world, I also think the action is cool too but that ending was so flat and the writing needs improving, it oddly felt sometimes both slow and rushed at the same time, Lol.

I'll forgive them for that though because I read that it had a lot of issues during production due to COVID.

Fargo Season 4

It was good? I don't really know, I think it's better than a lot of shows but it's also a huge stepdown from Season 1-3 of Fargo which I consider all to be amazing, this was just "good" which is disappointing. The black and white episode was the closest to Fargo S1-S3. There was absolutely nothing intimidating about either family head (but at least the Italian was funny).

Chris Tucker felt like a miscast, I couldn't take him seriously, he wasn't intimidating at all and far short of the villains of Fargo S1-S3. He lacked both physical intimidation and mental intimidation, so it sort of left me wondering how he's even the boss. The best characters were either killed off before the finale or had relatively minor roles.

Too many subplots and too many characters I think, I can think of two subplots that could be cut entirely to focus more on the gang drama.

Rings of Power and House of the Dragon: Neither of these series reach the highest benchmarks of their respective franchises but both are entertaining in their own right. Rings has some beautiful, picturesque visuals while House has some remarkably dynamic camera work. Both made for good binges and I'm looking forward to the coming seasons of each. It's nice to have both of them back.

The new Halloween movie, Halloween Ends, is pretty shit. It's a total mess. The issues with it have been laid out ad verbatim, so I'm not gonna go into detail ripping every single one of its flaws (and there are a lot). Instead, I'll just leave this here because I love it when Screen Rant/Ryan George does these videos and it hits the nail on the head, as usual:

Thank God I watched it for free on Peacock instead of paying to see this shit in theaters. I kinda figured it would be shit when the review embargo lifted hours before it technically first hit theaters (3PM on Thursday) and the day-and-date Peacock release.

On the plus side, I'm wrapping up the Evil Dead series as part of my Halloween movie marathon. I'm watching Army of Darkness tonight and Evil Dead remake tomorrow followed by Sinister, the two good Conjuring movies and The Exorcist on Halloween night. I made sure I saved the best for last for my Halloween marathon.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 26 October 2022

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

The new Halloween movie, Halloween Ends, is pretty shit. It's a total mess. The issues with it have been laid out ad verbatim, so I'm not gonna go into detail ripping every single one of its flaws (and there are a lot). Instead, I'll just leave this here because I love it when Screen Rant/Ryan George does these videos and it hits the nail on the head, as usual:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZczI-2OKcI

Thank God I watched it for free on Peacock instead of paying to see this shit in theaters.

On the plus side, I'm wrapping up the Evil Dead series as part of my Halloween movie marathon. I'm watching Army of Darkness tonight and Evil Dead remake tomorrow followed by Sinister, the two good Conjuring movies and The Exorcist on Halloween night. I made sure I saved the best for last for my Halloween marathon.

Have you watched the Evil Dead show? It's amazing.

Finished Peacemaker S1 and it was awesome, I haven't watched Suicide Squad though, I just read the Wiki and it had a recap at the start of the show, I felt like that was enough. Loved the characters, a very funny show and emotional at times, awesome intro, I'm not really a huge fan of DC lately and barely watch any of their films, but I love Doom Patrol and now Peacemaker. Although I'm fairly sure Zaslav will cancel Doom Patrol soon.

House of the dragon is the best first season of any show i watched , this is peak fiction.
Its so good that now i dont feel like watching anything because there is nothing out there that can martchbthe quality

The Legend of Vox Machina - Good show, I liked it and I have not watched any of Critical Role's stuff. It was well animated, had an enjoyable cast with good VA, I felt the humour missed for me sometimes, but it did get enough laughs out of me, the fight scenes were well done as well, I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners - Good show as well although I did feel it was a bit overhyped, I thought the animation was good, I enjoyed the fights, and the world of Cyberpunk made me want to play the game again, but I only really grew attached to two cast members (Lucy and Rebecca), I think it moved too fast for me to really care about the others or understand why David is such a big deal and sometimes the dialogue was really bad.

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi - Good, I liked the insight into certain characters, learning more about Dooku in particular, I do wish it was wilder with the anthology aspect though, like, I wanted a story hundreds of years in the past, a story hundreds of years in the future, a story for all different members of the Jedi order, I thought for an anthology, the episodes were too connected to each other, but it doesn't really matter, it was a good show either way.

The Midnight Club - Mixed bag, it told an emotional story due to the subject matter but as a horror, it was a pretty cheap one, the constant unearned jump scares and it left me just as clueless by the end as I was at the start with the same questions, is this supernatural or not? I don't know. The cliffhanger ending was weak too.

Production values were high, and it was well acted but it's definitely the weakest of the Flannagan shows by a significant margin which is why I'm disappointed. I do miss the Flannagan cast too that he uses in his other shows but this was about teenagers so they can hardly use many of them, Lol. Main character went from being good to being annoying by the end too whilst the most annoying at the start ended on a high.

There was no typical big Flannagan twist by the midseason. I think I liked the stories told by the teenagers more than the main story. I'll still continue to watch it if it's renewed, I'll give it another season to improve, I'm just a bit disappointed how weak of a horror it is and it's missing those moments from previous shows.

The midseason reveal for Hill House had me like "oh shit" and it was a really good emotional moment, the midseason bit for Midnight Mass was also a really big "oh shit" moment with brilliant acting behind it but there was nothing like that here, I always said that Flannagan doesn't miss but he missed here, Lol.

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities - It was fun, I love anthology told stories, especially around horror or sci-fi, if one is bad, it doesn't really matter as we can move straight to the next story from a different writer/director. Although I do wish there was more "horror" in these stories, I feel like a few of them had really flat endings or weak reveals, a few of them just ended and it was like "is that it?"

Enjoyed Lot 36 and Graveyard Rats. The Autopsy was really good, it is definitely the best episode in the show. The Outside could have landed better if it was shorter and changed that awful ending. Pickman's Model and Witch House were a bit disappointing as the "Lovecraft" adaptations, I had high hopes for them both, Pickman's was fine, but the creature was generic, Witch House was pretty average all throughout. The Viewing was very stylish, brilliant atmosphere but a very weak reveal and ending, all style but no substance. Enjoyed The Murmuring

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 November 2022

Aside from House of the Dragon which I finished watching myself but watching it with my wife now and we are halfway done.

I'm also watching anime mainly and here's the list of what I'm watching