By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: Had some pacing issues, but over all I enjoyed it about as much as the first film (good, not great). I think Namor and Talokan were both handled surprisingly well. I liked their design, music, and incorporation of Mesoamerican culture. Namor in particular was not going to be easy to pull off but they did a good job. The action was a bit of a step up too with Okoye having my favorite sequence of the bunch.

Around the Network

Finishing House of the Dragon, and I will watch the last three episodes tonight. It's excellent, the slower pace and lack of action suit me well, and the acting is amazing. Never seen much of Matt Smith before, but this had made me a fan of his! I'm also ramping up to my annual marathons in December, I have the entire month off. I'll have my epos night first, followed by LotR Extended 4K edition, and then I'll do an MCU week.

I'm also watching a short documentary about three young fathers and their struggles. One of them is a friend and colleague of mine, it's brave of him to take part in this production, and he has to show a lot of emotion and vulnerability. Strong stuff.

The Old Man: I don't usually watch shows like this but it's from the creators of Black Sails which is one of my favourite shows ever, I thought I'd try it out and I enjoyed it, a very strong cast too but the final episode was weak, I'd say the 1st few episodes were great and the strongest.

1899: Wtf, Lol. It's what I predicted but also not what I predicted, I'm excited to learn more and see where this goes, I'd say that overall, the 1st season was great, I liked the cast, the story and the atmosphere.

Slowly making progress on my backlog still...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 November 2022

TallSilhouette said:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: Had some pacing issues, but over all I enjoyed it about as much as the first film (good, not great). I think Namor and Talokan were both handled surprisingly well. I liked their design, music, and incorporation of Mesoamerican culture. Namor in particular was not going to be easy to pull off but they did a good job. The action was a bit of a step up too with Okoye having my favorite sequence of the bunch.

Spoiler!
May Namor and his people be electrocuted for their actions. Even if it's by someone who's even worse. Where's Hyperion when you need him?

Was watching Frasier. The show should've ended with Maris being drowned, washing up in New Jersey and having random children poke her carcass with sticks.

I've watched a few movies in the past week.

First was "Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie 1 - Aria of a Starless Night"

-Pretty decent re-telling of the beginning of SAO but under Asuna's PoV.

Second film I watched this week was "Theerppu" via Hulu

-A Mystery Thriller, my folks didnt like it as much (due to them being romance/comedy fans) but I liked it cause it wasnt like the typical Keralite Indian Movie.

And the most recent movie I've watched is "Detective Conan Movie 25: The Bride of Halloween"

-They've been killing it with the Detective Conan Movies, all of the movies released in the last 10 years have been the perfect go to theater type of movie set ups. Like some of the previous movies, it makes you wonder if this movie really Non-Canon like the typical anime movie. 

The way they concluded two story arcs that were in the main anime (but did not mainly star the MC Conan) by combining them both with their respective characters and having Conan getting involved was just a nice combination. Everything came together nicely.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 20 November 2022

Around the Network

Probably doesn't count? Reading pages about Sodium and Sugar after effects in 20 years timeframe starting at 30's "I love to read online internet post"

Recently I watched and finished a few anime.

-Pokemon Movie 3: Spell of the Unown
-TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You Special Episode
-Pokemon: Pikachu and Pichu

I'm also on episode 157 of Pokemon (which I will be trying to catch up....thats 25 years of anime, I can do it - took me 3 and half years to catch up to Detective Conan lol).

Havent been seeing any live action stuff - didnt even to get this 4 day weekend :(

Next weekend hopefully I'll have more time.

This is my current anime watching line up.

I watched family guy the other day I heard the dad say something about TJ hooker and Mcmilan wife? I was like wth? sounds made up shows then I search on youtube and their real :(

Troll (Netflix)

A fun romp that blends classic monster mobvie tropes with a self-awarness that manages to keep things light without being cynical or annoying. Very entertaining.

Customer Wars. Fuck Karens, especially this racist one with one of those stupid valley girl accents.