By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Havent posted in a while but finished watching

Star Wars Episode VI The Return of the Jedi

Also been watching Obi-Wan on D+ and What If as well.

As far as Anime been - been watching the following - been watching a ton of new ones recently

(Also finished Detective Conan Tea Time)

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

Watching The Boys up to episode 4. Really good and refreshingly different show. Not sure if its the spectacular and gory scenes which manages to surprise and disgust to the slight digs at social commentary, the satire nature of it and the super hero genre. This continues the story in a good way, with the last episode (which I shall not ruin) has a certain character making a big appearance on screen; that is surely going to be a game changer in that world, among other mains getting something more.. which should get spicy. 8.5/10 so far.

Saw the whole season of Obi-Wan Kenobi.. and its the worst Star Wars feature I've seen. Absolutely pointless and seemingly gets more stupid in both plot as do the character/s. There's only a couple of decent action scenes in the movie.. the rest is dumb. And did I mention there's here's no reason for the story/prequel. Trash. 2/10

Last edited by hinch - on 16 June 2022

Going back to my TV Show backlog.

Recently finished Stranger Things S4 Part 1 (Great), Love Death + Robots S3 (Good), Arcane S1 (Awesome), Agents of Shield S7 (Good), The Witcher S2 (Great).

Now I'm going to catch up on Marvel stuff: WandaVision, Loki, Hawkeye and Moon Knight.

Watching The Boys as it airs too.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 June 2022

Finished Ascendance of a Bookworm Part III which was a great anime, cant wait for Season 4

Also finished Ya Boy Kongming today - pretty good too.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Mad God: Beautifully dark, creepy, and rugged. The resourceful and creative blend of stop motion, miniatures, and live action gives the film a handmade texture you rarely see these days. Don't go in looking for a traditional (or even coherent) story; it's exactly as advertised: a feverish nightmare brought to life.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 18 June 2022

Around the Network

Harley Quinn and MODOK: Two funny, refreshingly irreverent superherovillain comedies. Jim Gordon is my highlight of the former and the always good Patton Oswalt is the latter. Looking forward to S3 of Harley. Shame MODOK only got one season.

Nightmare Alley

Slow to start, but once it gets going a really terrific film with excellent performances, cinematography, and overall craftsmanship. 

Del Toro practically never misses, even the least of his films are at least entertaining, and while this isn't quite his best, (that honour still goes to the magnificent Pan's Labyrinth) it's yet another feather in his cap as a supremely talented director.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

curl-6 said:

Nightmare Alley

Slow to start, but once it gets going a really terrific film with excellent performances, cinematography, and overall craftsmanship. 

Del Toro practically never misses, even the least of his films are at least entertaining, and while this isn't quite his best, (that honour still goes to the magnificent Pan's Labyrinth) it's yet another feather in his cap as a supremely talented director.

A lot of people seemed disappointed with Nightmare Alley but I wasn't one of them. Good stuff.

I just watched X (2022) recently, it's a surprisingly-decent slasher horror film that pays a LOT of homages to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, mainly the original. As in, several scenes and locations looked like they were ripped straight out of Texas Chain Saw Massacre. There's some other notable horror homages in there, too, but I had a good time with it. I'll take that all day because a lot of slasher movies, as fun as they may be in their action, are not very good movies at the end of the day (looking at you, Friday the 13th). I can sit down and enjoy either version of My Bloody Valentine, but I know it's not actually a good movie.

Just started watching The Time Traveler's Wife on HBO Max, liking it so far. Interesting concept for an HBO series.

While it wasn't quite as visually impressive as some of the other episodes in the series, I had no idea that one of the episodes of LDR I was watching was rendered in real time:

Goes to show you how fast the tech is advancing that it can hang with offline renders from huge and expensive farms.