By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Watched a ton of anime lately.

Finished "Komi Can't Communicate Season 1" and cant wait for Season 2 which starts next month

Started and Finished "Platinum End" - great anime at first but got worse in the 2nd half and the ending was bullshit. From the creator of Death Note.

Possibly the best anime I've watched so far this year and of recent times (alongside Odd Taxi, Sonny Boy and Link Click)

Ranking of Kings - absolutely love the story and characters, hoping we get a new season sooner rather than later.

Also finished Ascendance of a Bookworm and its OVA as well - started on Season 2 and Season 3 will be starting next month apparently.

I also started watching Proud Family Louder and Prouder on D+

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

Let Me In

Brilliant film; the young leads show remarkable acting ability for their age, the story is haunting poignant, and the directing is excellent. One of the best horror films of the 21st century to date in my opinion.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Let Me In

Brilliant film; the young leads show remarkable acting ability for their age, the story is haunting poignant, and the directing is excellent. One of the best horror films of the 21st century to date in my opinion.

I don't remember too much of the movie but it was a decent iirc. Do watch the original too 'Let the Right One In'.

Rewatched Batman Vs Superman. And going through Justice League Synders Cut again.  Tbh I really don't get the hate for BvS. Its a good action movie with some questionable writing, obvious miscast (Jesse Eisenburg as Luthor) and some unintentionally hilarious scenes - Marthaaaa xD. Though has one notable scene thats one of my best in any superhero film ever (Bats in the warehouse) and some of the best Batman we've seen in any of the films. Sad, we never got that solo Batfleck film.

Last edited by hinch - on 04 April 2022

Finally being able to re-watch F/SN: Heaven's Feel III, on my own screen (opposed to the badly deteriorated movie screen from a couple years ago). The Saber vs. Rider+Emiya fight is the greatest piece of animation put to film. Overall great conclusion to a great trilogy with no obvious flaws.

If you want to watch these movies but don't know the series, at least start with Unlimited Blade Works (TV series).

Absolutely bonkers action dramedy. Whatever you think is coming, you're in for a surprise. Good action, lots of emotion, and heaps of absurdist humor. This one is already a shoo-in for awards season in my book and one of the most original and memorable films of the year. Definitely give it a chance.

Spoiler!
Could have used fewer hot dog fingers and more Raccacoonie, though.

Around the Network

Watched a ton since last time I posted

Ascendance of a Bookworm: Part II

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest 2nd Season

Radiant Season 1 and 2

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Attack on Titan The Final Season Part II

Akiba's Trip

Inception

Spider-Man No Way Home

Basil's YouTube Channel

Trying to finish Breaking Bad currently ( I know, I am a late boomer). In regards to something else I will be watching soon enough, well, just look at my avatar!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I've seen YouTube essays and docs about the Theranos/Holmes story but it was even more fascinating in miniseries form. Seyfried gives a great performance as one of the latest megalomaniac CEO's to crash and burn. The most remarkable part of the tale (and Holmes' true talent) was her ability to manipulate and string people along to keep the con going for so long. I hope she spends many years in prison and doesn't return to a cushy life afterward, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

I've been looking into watching more Chinese animations alongside my daily dose of anime.

The Daily Life of the Immortal King is one of those that I have been watching and really enjoyed it - highly recommend it. 2 seasons are out for it and a third season is coming soon , so cant wait to see it.

The Daily Life of the Immortal King seasons 1 and 2

On top of that, this is what I have been watching anime wise....

Basil's YouTube Channel

The Wind Rises

A deeply poignant and measured story about a touchy subject. I get why it's controversial on both sides, but I think Miyazaki handled the material with admirable maturity and honesty. An excellent film.

Prisoners

As usual from Villeneuve, brilliantly directed, acted, and shot; I wasn't quite as swept away as I was by some of his other films, but the craftsmanship on display is still superb. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.