By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I watched the Resident Evil tv series on Netflix. It's as if the writers got as high as I was when watching the show... It was pretty entertaining, but I doubt it would be any good while sober.

The best show on tv atm is Alone, I love that survival show.

Around the Network

Watched Thor Love and Thunder and that was a mistake. Filler movie that tries to hard to be funny and goes nowhere, story wise. The only good thing in that movie was the villain Gor played by Christian Bale, who was absolutely brilliant. Chris Hemsworth was his usual self as Thor. Everyone/thing else kinda sucked. Avoid if you can.

Series wise finished watching The Terminal List after some glowing recommendations from my friends. And that was also a bit disappointing. The action scenes were great, the story was a daft as were the characters and plot.

Last edited by hinch - on 25 July 2022

hinch said:

Watched Thor Love and Thunder and that was a mistake. Filler movie that tries to hard to be funny and goes nowhere, story wise. The only good thing in that movie was the villain Gor played by Christian Bale, who was absolutely brilliant. Chris Hemsworth was his usual self as Thor. Everyone/thing else kinda sucked. Avoid if you can.

Series wise finished watching The Terminal List after some glowing recommendations from my friends. And that was also a bit disappointing. The action scenes were great, the story was a daft as were the characters and plot.

Yeah, Thor: Love and Thunder was too light and comedic to me. I still enjoyed it, but not as much as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Gorr was definitely the best part of the film. I wish there was more of him in it.

Same, Ragnarok was just on the tip of being acceptable as far as how much comedy/skits you can cram in a MCU film. This just threw the balance off totally. Its okay to have a bunch jokes and humor in them, but when its in most scenes, it makes it really hard to take the whole thing seriously. I know what they were going for like with Ragnarok and GotG, though the comedy almost always fell flat and really wasn't all that funny. Like the

Spoiler!
screaming goats or naked Thor and his nakedness

Its all quite juvenile humor. Its still a enjoyable movie to watch if you switch off your brain.. but as far as MCU movies go, its on the lower end of the spectrum. Shame because I really liked the previous two films and this is the case of the trailers being true to the entirety of the film.

Bale/Gor was so good he totally stole the show lol. Felt like he was in his own movie as far as tone goes.

Spy x Family: What a cute show! It's not without some storytelling and pacing issues, but I haven't laughed or smiled this much in a while. Anya in particular is just about the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Looking forward to more.

Around the Network

Extraordinary Attorney Woo: Beautiful, endearing, will pull your heartstrings in many ways. Fun and lighthearted at first glance but has a surprising amount of emotional and dramatic depth. Handles social issues with a high level of sensitivity and intelligence.

Everything Everywhere All At Once

Absolutely brilliant film; funny, poignant, clever, and insanely creative. One of the most unique and entertaining I've seen in quite some time.

TallSilhouette said:

Spy x Family: What a cute show! It's not without some storytelling and pacing issues, but I haven't laughed or smiled this much in a while. Anya in particular is just about the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Looking forward to more.

I really hope they do more with Yor in the future. It feels like we haven't quite seen her side very much. Anya really makes the show though and some of the feels moments are pretty oof.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Marcel The Shell With Shoes On: Intimate and sweet, but with a surprising streak of melancholy. Well photographed and acted, the story of a seashell can portray a more authentic and resonant family dynamic than most stories about human families. Recommended if you're looking for something wholesome and family friendly, if not entirely happy go lucky.

The Bear: Chaotic, stressful, passionate, funny, and empathetic. I originally didn't have any interest in this but positive word of mouth including a video from one of my favorite essayists convinced me to give it a watch and I'm glad I did. If you've never worked in a restaurant before this will give you a newfound appreciation for the industry and its thankless work.

I'm watching Xenoblade 3. It includes a neat RPG for free, too.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.