By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS is ten years old!

GoOnKid said:

Oh boy, I love the 3DS so much. Such an amazing library, so much fun.

I love the 3D feature and use it as often as possible, even for games that don't really need it but it still just feels so much more immersive to me. I know I am in a minority but I was actually even happy with Metroid Federation Force. Luckily we still got Metroid Samus Returns, so the hardcore fanbase has a reason to be happy as well.

And then of course there are the obvious hits like Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, Kid Icarus Uprising, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing New Leaf, etc etc etc etc. Next to all these outstanding marvels are so many awesome rpgs and srpgs like all three Fire Emblems, which I loved so much, all the Pokemons, the Yokai-Watchs, the Dragon Quests, the Shin Megami Tenseis, and last but not least Bravely Default and Bravely Second, which I am currently playing and enjoying a lot.

Couldn't agree more, and something I feel like was really well done was the presentation of some of these rpgs, like Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia, to me it is the pinnacle of how a fire emblem should be presented. 

Around the Network
badskywalker said:
GoOnKid said:

Oh boy, I love the 3DS so much. Such an amazing library, so much fun.

I love the 3D feature and use it as often as possible, even for games that don't really need it but it still just feels so much more immersive to me. I know I am in a minority but I was actually even happy with Metroid Federation Force. Luckily we still got Metroid Samus Returns, so the hardcore fanbase has a reason to be happy as well.

And then of course there are the obvious hits like Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, Kid Icarus Uprising, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing New Leaf, etc etc etc etc. Next to all these outstanding marvels are so many awesome rpgs and srpgs like all three Fire Emblems, which I loved so much, all the Pokemons, the Yokai-Watchs, the Dragon Quests, the Shin Megami Tenseis, and last but not least Bravely Default and Bravely Second, which I am currently playing and enjoying a lot.

Couldn't agree more, and something I feel like was really well done was the presentation of some of these rpgs, like Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia, to me it is the pinnacle of how a fire emblem should be presented. 

Right? What a brilliant game! This one deviates from the other games n the series but it's still an awesome experience. I love the story and the main cast quite a lot, and I love how you can build your characters more or less to your own likings. And man, that soundtrack! You sure remember the intro music, right? That quite piece with just piano, drums and voice. Did you notice that this melody is woven into the track in the final stage? This gets my blood pumping!

Bought it launch, it was pretty enjoyable. I will however say of the handhelds I owned GBC, GBA, DS and Switch, it was the weakest of that family.

I still have my Aqua Blue from day one. Probably wasn't a good idea to get one right away with the barren games.

I think the 3DS is underrated some times. It's my favorite Nintendo handheld (excluding Switch which is still mid-life) and that's because of strong first-party games like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Super Mario, Mario Kart, and The Legend of Zelda.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

My favorite game on the system is still pilotwings resort. I remember getting it on launch day and playing so much that my cat ran away the same day! Looked and looked and finally found her 3 months later.

Ended up selling my console due to the fact I couldn't tolerate the tiny, low-resolution screens, clunky and slow user interface... Plus the only games that interested me were Nintendo 64 ports and I would rather play them on a TV.

It's probably why I like the Switch, I am not limited to the tiny display.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Good system, it had 3 Style Savvy games.

Had some other neat classics like 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, A Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Planet Robobot, and New Leaf.

Wario Ware Gold was cool, had a good spanish dub. Dream Team was neat.

Resident Evil Revelations was good, Monster Hunter 4 and Stories were great. Ace Attorney 5 was pretty good, 6 was excellent.

Got to experience some older gems like Dragon Quest VIII, Metal Gear Solid 3, Rayman 2, and finally Tales of the Abyss thanks to the 3D boi.

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Star Fox 64 were nice remakes as well, Samus Returns was peak.

It was also a system of ups and downs, down with FE Awakening, Birthright, then back up with Conquest, most of Revelation, back down with Echoes, which had amazing artstyle that I wish it wasn't wasted on essentially a not very well designed NES game.

SMT IV was solid if somewhat bland, Apocalypse I couldn't bother to finish.

Was disappointed with Pokemans X and Y, but ORAS, and SM put me in a good mood again.

Worst thing I played was Bravely Default.

Somewhat of a rollercoaster, but it gave me a lot of fond memories, still play it.

I still use mine, I'm currently playing Bravely Second on it.

I'd say my fave 3DS games are Kid icarus: Uprising and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Smash Brothers forced me to get a new 3DS.  The circle pad was not meant for that kind of game.

Got my first 3DS in 2014 along with 3D World and Fire Emblem Awakening.  Both great games and Awakening got me into Fire Emblem. Recently beat Samus Returns for the first time.