By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Announced For Switch

Tagged games:

One of the worst Zelda games...yay.

Around the Network

The game had a great art style, but the impressionism and SD fuzziness didn't mix well.

I really can't imagine it playing well with button controls. But, I guess we'll see.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it looks like Skyward Sword HD is running in 60fps.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it looks like Skyward Sword HD is running in 60fps.

Does kinda look that way. I think it looks great, considering its age. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Mar1217 said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

That's because it is

That's awesome!

Around the Network

While I am pretty tired of Nintendo endlessly repackaging old games on Switch, at least in this case it's a game that will hopefully be better appreciated now; it got a lot of undeserved bashing in its day because motion controls and linearity were considered uncool in 2011.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 February 2021

Hopefully this game will come to be more appreciated once it gets exposed to a wider audience. It is one of the better 3D Zelda games, but the second Zelda release on a console has always sold worse than the first. It was a bit late in the Wii's lifecycle, so not as many people played this one as it deserved.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

curl-6 said:

While I am pretty tired of Nintendo endlessly repackaging old games on Switch, at least in this case it's a game that will hopefully be better appreciated now; it got a lot of undeserved bashing in its day because motion controls and linearity were considered uncool in 2011.

The worst and lamest zelda. 

And take Aonuma Style. Lost hope for Botw2. 

Still my favorite Zelda game of all time and a game I feel gest bashed and hated far too often. Does it have its flaws? Yes. But it's still got that charm, awe, and 'feel' that makes a Zelda game, a Zelda game. And the motion controls are actually the best part about the game.

Even though I prefer traditional controls, I truly believe that when you have that one game, which brings out the best in motion controls and executes them to the best of its abilities, that there is no better way to play a video game. Skyward Sword was that game for me. It's the game the Wii was built for. And it's the game that made the Legend of Zelda my favorite Nintendo franchise.

And the fact that it is getting put on the Switch right when the system is still at its peak makes me very happy because it means that a lot of people will get to experience the game firsthand and hopefully it'll get the praise and recognition it deserves.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 17 February 2021

I kind of thought I was looking at regular Wii footage and expected to see like a transition to a much cleaner image, but then I realized that this was already it. Bit of a bummer, it’s like Twilight Princess; looks the same but with higher resolution. At least with Wind Waker they improved all kinds of things, most notably of course the lighting.