By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever feel like you can't get again into the games you've already finished?

Last month I thought I got enough of DOOM Eternal and ever since I haven't been able to feel a click with any other game, except when I finished my collectible fluff hunt in Breath of the Wild. I played again and finished Sonic Mania, Cuphead and Child of Light but I never felt comfortable playing them, I always had this sensation that I could be playing something else, and let me tell you, it's horrible. Every time I finished one of the aforementioned games, I turned to BotW and FIFA 21, which are the titles that I find most relaxing to me, but I feel the same thing. 

I could buy a new game, but money is an issue, and I also have a few in my backlog, yes, but it takes me time (a month per game) and Bravely Default II releases in less than two weeks, anyway. 

But this got me thinking, I rarely play games that I've finished. My style of play usually tends to get the most out the stuff I buy, get 100% completion if I can, and never return. Maybe that's why it's so hard to pick them up again, games are nothing like books to me. 

Anyone else feel like this?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I do. Its pretty rare that I beat a game more than once these days. I think the last time I did that was like Bloodborne.

KLXVER said:

I do. Its pretty rare that I beat a game more than once these days. I think the last time I did that was like Bloodborne.

I used to replay all my games back in the Wii U era, but now only the new stuff keeps the excitement going. Guess it's part of getting older, perhaps? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
KLXVER said:

I used to replay all my games back in the Wii U era, but now only the new stuff keeps the excitement going. Guess it's part of getting older, perhaps? 

Thats usually how it goes. Also games are generally so much longer these days. 

I feel like I can't because my backlog is so big right now... I've had DQ11S on Switch since release and I haven't touched it yet lol.

But I have a list of games I'd love to get back and play again... Time is always the factor.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

I almost never get to 100% completion. Once I beat the main stuff it is rare for me to go back to a game at all. The exception is for multiplayer or pick up and play games. Too many other games out there to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

It really depends on the game, but to me it rather feels like the opposite, I tend to enjoy a game that I already know even more when I replay it. Maybe it is because I already know what to expect from it, and not having some unfulfilled expectations, perhaps. 

Take Metroid: Other M for instance. I finished another run through it lately, it was maybe my fifth or sixth time that I finished it since I got it ten years ago. When I first played it I didn't know the story or how the game unfolds, so naturally there were expectations in my mond that sadly stayed unfulfilled. I wanted Samus to become badass but she didn't. Nowadays, I think, many people know that the game has a rather weak story. Fast forward to now and I can instead leave the story aside since I already know it and enjoy the stronger aspects of the game. That way the game certainly grew on me. 

So this happens quite often to me. I really like replaying old games.

I'm not really sure, games I buy and own (not PS+ which I just play then ditch) I do play a few times. I've repeated played Bloodborne and DA:I so many times.

This said, I bought Witcher 3, loved it, played it all the way through, DLC and all, but I've tried to restart twice and never made it past the opening area. The Outer Worlds too, great game, very 'fallout' like but it's not Fallout. It feels like there is a lack of exploration so didn't feel the need to replay.

Hmm, pie.

I'll go through a game for its main stuff put it down for awhile and then 100% it, though after that I can almost never play that game again.

The Fury said:

I'm not really sure, games I buy and own (not PS+ which I just play then ditch) I do play a few times. I've repeated played Bloodborne and DA:I so many times.

This said, I bought Witcher 3, loved it, played it all the way through, DLC and all, but I've tried to restart twice and never made it past the opening area. The Outer Worlds too, great game, very 'fallout' like but it's not Fallout. It feels like there is a lack of exploration so didn't feel the need to replay.

Witcher 3 is a game I'd never replay. I love it, alright, but I sepnt 300 hours in it, way less than other Xenoblade games but that time felt incredibly sizeable, like a complete eternity. For me to get to Ciri, I would absolutely need to do everything available, and that takes a colossal amount of time, I just wouldn't be able to advance with a lot of side content pending.