By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's do or die time for Bioware's Anthem Next | Update: Development shuts down

Yeah so it died.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Angelus said:

Yes

You're right. I really enjoyed DA2. Too bad DA3 went back to just good enough.

KoToR is a fantastic game.

OTBWY said:

Yeah so it died.

Wow! I knew it could happen but it still is surprising to me! I feel like this means Anthem is dead, dead, as in no sequels to it in the future, dead ip, but maybe I'm reading more into it. I kind of hope it is and they make another IP that, from the foundations, is appealing (rather than having to do a rehaul again).

This is surprisingly to exactly nobody (except the one person who commented a few spots back).

damn i bought a cheap anthem key on xbox my plan was to install when anthem next update is out now its gone how sad....

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Best news all year

Glad that more resources will be put towards Mass Effect, but its sad that 5+ years of resources was poured into something which was such a miss.

hinch said:

Can't resurrect the dead. FFXIV had an active player base before the re haul, this is just well.. dead.

EA should just let it go and put these people on the new Mass Effect. Anthem was DOA and there's no need to put any more resources in it.

Let's be honest, who really thought this wasn't going to end up like this? Once Anthem failed to get any traction, why would EA bother to fix it, when it's easy to just keep the preorder money and move on?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

VAMatt said:

This is surprisingly to exactly nobody (except the one person who commented a few spots back).

I'm just surprised EA didn't close the studio like it usually does when things go wrong. They're betting it all on DA4 and ME4.

A few more years and a couple more mess-ups because of EA's meddling and Bioware will be history. Another one for the impressive graveyard of talent that EA has been building since the '90s.