By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's do or die time for Bioware's Anthem Next | Update: Development shuts down

Gameplay was solid but mission design was a little boring and that brick wall you hit early on and have to grind to progress is what killed it for me.

Around the Network

Bioware is dead. Just accept it and move on.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Bioware is dead. Just accept it and move on.

I'll accept it if they fuck up DA4 and not a second earlier.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think it's possible to revamp the whole game into what was promised but the stink of the original (which idk, could be a better game now) can stick and it will be a waste of resources as was said in this thread. Best to just drop and do something new and not make the same fuckups.

If they're gonna resurrect Anthem, I hope for their sake that they re-skin it and rename it. Anthem is known as a flop. They're not gonna excite people with Anthem 1.5.

That being said, the idea of Anthem was very appealing to me. I would like to see them give it another shot.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
vivster said:

I'll accept it if they fuck up DA4 and not a second earlier.

If Schreier was right, I don't have much hope for DA4. He claimed that back in 2018, a 3 year in development build of DA4 called Joplin got cancelled, because it was too singleplayer focused for EA's liking (it also had development issues because devs kept getting pulled off the Joplin team to assist on Andromeda and Anthem). According to him, the new build of DA4, named Morrison, entered development immediately after Joplin was cancelled in late 2018. Morrison keeps the setting and storyline of Joplin, the Tevinter Imperium during the war between Tevinter and the Qunari with a heavy focus on Red Lyrium, and Solas, the Dread Wolf, as the main villain, and reuses many of Joplin's assets to speed it's development. However, Morrison was said to take heavy influence from Anthem, running on Anthem's build of the engine and with a live-service focus that EA can monetize long term. However, worth noting that Schreier released that article shortly after Anthem launched, before EA realized how badly Anthem flopped, so maybe EA changed their minds about making DA4 live service after Anthem flopped. Let us hope that Anthem flopping was enough to ensure that both DA4 and Mass Effect 4 are singleplayer now. 

Well, the biggest thing DA4 has going for it is that it's not Anthem, so how bad could it be?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mar1217 said:
vivster said:

Well, the biggest thing DA4 has going for it is that it's not Anthem, so how bad could it be?

It tells a lot about the evolution of the trust we have with Bioware when this is the question asked. 

Has there ever been a Bioware game that was better than "good enough"?

vivster said:
Mar1217 said:

It tells a lot about the evolution of the trust we have with Bioware when this is the question asked. 

Yes

Angelus said:
vivster said:

Yes

You're right. I really enjoyed DA2. Too bad DA3 went back to just good enough.

vivster said:
Angelus said:

Yes

You're right. I really enjoyed DA2. Too bad DA3 went back to just good enough.

DA2 did feature some of Bioware's best storytelling. Shame that the timeframe EA gave them to develop it caused set backs in other areas.