By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's do or die time for Bioware's Anthem Next | Update: Development shuts down

Can't resurrect the dead. FFXIV had an active player base before the re haul, this is just well.. dead.

EA should just let it go and put these people on the new Mass Effect. Anthem was DOA and there's no need to put any more resources in it.

Last edited by hinch - on 08 February 2021

Around the Network

Yeah, Anthem was not successful and going any further would be total waste of resources and talent. Say what you want about ME: Andromeda, at least it was a decent game. Shame EA pulled the plug on the DLC's and left ME on hiatus for so long.

Ever Quest II is more alive online than this POS. Let it remain dead where it deserves. Don't revive it as garbage like this needs to die more often to teach AAA publishers. EA is the kind of publisher I can see starting to charge microtransactions just to get simple updates/patches for games soon.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I sunk over 100 hours in Anthem, thought it had really fun combat and navigation but I don't really have plans to ever return so I hope they decide on a new project.

I thought this game had a ton of potential. But EA is gona do what EA is gona do. Had this game kust had a single player offline mode I do believe all the technical problems would be gone. Content is something that can be good after time. But the mxt issue is something EA will never get right.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I remember when the game was announced it looked incredible and I truly belied with BioWare at the helm it would not disappoint. I had bought Destiny prior though and that made me hold off on purchasing the game out of the gate.

Glad I did.

They should just take the work they have done and completely rebrand it. Nothing wrong with the shared world concept, just learn from the mistakes and do it right like it really seems Bungie have with Destiny 2.

Always sad to see devs of popular game franchises having to work on new trash nobody has asked for which will inevitably fail and waste so much time and resources.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

How about we stop making these shitty live service games now, huh

Not sure why the hate for this game. How many of you actually played it. I happen to start playing it the a couple weeks ago and the game is a lot of fun. You can pretty much go through the whole story by yourself, or team up with randoms and they do have different missions they add to the game that are pretty intense. I know the only problem I had with the game in the beginning was that it did not have enough content so if that is solved, I believe this game can survive. Also the game doesn't seem to be dead if you ask me. When I was playing there were always a pretty solid group playing and it never took more than minute to match make to get 3 people in a quest. I would love to see them really flesh out this game, story and gameplay mechanics. There is a lot to like about this game and having a year of better to polish the game should be interesting.

Players were bought into the idea of revamping FFXIV before the dev team took it down to do the overhaul. Anthem hasn't had the same level of enthusiasm in either camp, players or developers, not that I've seen anyway . I don't see that changing so I wouldn't be shocked to see the game shut down or announced to be shutting down by the end of the year.