By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Jan 2-9 - Switch Best-Seller as PS5 and XS Stock Remains Low

Switch in Asia is in another league!

Around the Network

Asia's holiday period is from Week 48 to 1/53, so it makes sense.

Switch outsells everything else combined with ease.

Xbox Series under 100k already, PS4 and Xbone in freefall, Nintendo really is the only bright spot on an otherwise grim slate.

curl-6 said:

Xbox Series under 100k already, PS4 and Xbone in freefall, Nintendo really is the only bright spot on an otherwise grim slate.

Imagine saying to yourself 4 years ago that this would happen. How would you have reacted?

PAOerfulone said:
curl-6 said:

Imagine saying to yourself 4 years ago that this would happen. How would you have reacted?

4 years ago I would've struggled to believe Switch could reach 77 million sales lifetime much less by the midpoint of it's lifecycle.

Around the Network

The Switch will fall off the cliff because Nintendo already released all their big guns.

The Switch will fall off the cliff once the much more powerful PS5 and XB Series S/X are released.

The Switch will fall off the cliff because it lacks AAA games from third parties.

The Switch will fall off the cliff once the hybrid gimmick subsides.

The Switch will fall off the cliff because Sony owns Europe.

The Switch will fall off the cliff because mobile phones conquer the handheld market.

The Switch will fall off the cliff because......................

Why is everyone expecting Sony and Microsoft to produce more consoles. The hardware to make these consoles is scarce and usually consoles don't sell 15 million units in their first year, simply because they can't make them fast enough. The PS4 also only sold 14 million units its first year. That console its hardware was also dated at the start so the chips where easier to produce. Around summer Sony and Microsoft should be able to ramp up the numbers. It also probably doesn't help that the machines share many components like the CPU.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

4 years ago I would've struggled to believe Switch could reach 77 million sales lifetime much less by the midpoint of it's lifecycle.

Don't remember me of those predictions back then ... I think I predicted something like 60M+ and suggested it as a good reboot for the Nintendo brand after the all-time failling of the WiiU.

I recall that my original prediction was within the 80-100M range because it would be the combined base of the 3DS and Wii U. And I remember that being one of the more optimistic predictions.

PS4 sold 216k and XBO 78k the 2nd week after Christmas in 2014. PS4 is way down from there and XBXS is up a bit from the XBO. Switch is dominating the market.

Last edited by jason1637 - on 22 January 2021

curl-6 said:
PAOerfulone said:

Same. I wasnt expecting it to beat the 3DS at all.

Pocky Lover Boy!