By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Political Spectrum quiz

I don't usually participate in the politics forum and have it blocked from appearing on my hot topics, but I recently took the poltical spectrum quiz for the first time and figured it might be fun to compare my results to others here on VGC. Link to the quiz: 

https://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

My results:

Please do try to refrain from making this thread too ugly. No attacking other users over their political views or anything like that. 

Around the Network

That is a very odd quiz...
Feels like it has a massive right-leaning bent to it.
And a specially aggressive religious one.

The questions are also pretty damn vague.
"The state should not set a minimum wage" is lacking in context. Does that mean there should be a federal one.. or not one at all?

Also some of them seem like a joke "Some people should not be allowed to reproduce. Amusing at first. Then you start to think of the laws required to enforce that it is a nightmare.

"Gay marriage should be forbidden." is loading the gun before cocking it. It isn't "what is your thoughts on gay marriage" it heavily leans one way and expects people to counter-balance it by disagreeing.

And they have a lot of questions about "morals" but no definition or discussion of what is moral.

Others are just offensive "An official language should be set, and immigrants should have to learn it.". What would be the mechanism required to enforce the "should HAVE" to part of that?

Plus it makes leaps from "It is human nature to prefer one's own race." to "Racial issues will never be resolved.". You can prefer your own race without being racist against another.

--

oh and the images.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 03 January 2021

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:

"The state should not set a minimum wage" is lacking in context. Does that mean there should be a federal one.. or not one at all?

I'd assume it's using "the state" to refer to the national government, rather than US states. It's not uncommon for us non-Americans to refer to the government as the state after all.

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 03 January 2021

Ka-pi96 said:
Bandorr said:

I'd assume it's using "the state" to refer to the national government, rather than US states. It's not uncommon for us non-Americans to refer to the government as the state after all.

Fair, and also an example of lack of clarity. Never would have guessed that.

• Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network

This quiz is extremely US-centric in the kind of questions it asks and how they're framed. As a non-American a lot of them come off as downright strange. And yeah, the wording and bent to it definitely feels like it's coming from a conservative angle.

Nonetheless, apparently I am a "left moderate social libertarian"

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 January 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

This quiz is extremely US-centric and leans quite conservative in the kind of questions it asks and how they're framed.

Nonetheless, apparently I am a "left moderate social libertarian"

Exactly. Not just the questions but the way they are framed have a very heavy bias to them. You can tell the feelings of the person that made this quiz.

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Someday you will die somehow 

And something's gonna steal your carbon 

Bandorr said:

That is a very odd quiz...
Feels like it has a massive right-leaning bent to it.
And a specially aggressive religious one.

The questions are also pretty damn vague.

Also some of them seem like a joke "Some people should not be allowed to reproduce. Amusing at first. Then you start to think of the laws required to enforce that it is a nightmare.

"Gay marriage should be forbidden." is loading the gun before cocking it. It isn't "what is your thoughts on gay marriage" it heavily leans one way and expects people to counter-balance it by disagreeing.

And they have a lot of questions about "morals" but no definition or discussion of what is moral.

Others are just offensive "An official language should be set, and immigrants should have to learn it.". What would be the mechanism required to enforce the "should HAVE" to part of that?

Plus it makes leaps from "It is human nature to prefer one's own race." to "Racial issues will never be resolved.". You can prefer your own race without being racist against another.

--

oh and the images.

I took it to mean that there shouldn't be a minimum wage at all, so I disagreed with it, because obviously a minimum wage is necessary or you basically end up with sweat shops or crap like company scrip.

About the reproducing one. There was actually a push here in the US for awhile to offer additional welfare incentives to women who got birth control implants, though it didn't last long. I secondhand know of a woman who had like 15 different kids from different baby daddies just to stay on welfare, all of which got taken away by social services or adopted by her family members, who got norplant just to get higher welfare payments, though she had it removed like a year later so that she could keep popping out babies to get more welfare. Basically that is what that stance is grounded in, preventing low income, single women from popping out baby after baby that they are unable to care for just to get welfare, babies which then get taken away by social services and end up in the foster system. You can't really enforce forced birth control on such women and it probably wouldn't be moral to do so, but offering welfare incentives for using birth control is not the worst idea in the world imo.

Gave up when I saw the test continues on for multiple pages. Also, too many of the questions were loaded and didn’t provide proper answers. Some questions didn’t give enough information, what is “balanced news” for example? Balance between good news and bad news? Journalism and current events? Entertainment and the weather?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.