By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Political Spectrum quiz

This quiz is extremely US-centric in the kind of questions it asks and how they're framed. As a non-American a lot of them come off as downright strange. And yeah, the wording and bent to it definitely feels like it's coming from a conservative angle.

Nonetheless, apparently I am a "left moderate social libertarian"

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 January 2021

Around the Network

Gave up when I saw the test continues on for multiple pages. Also, too many of the questions were loaded and didn’t provide proper answers. Some questions didn’t give enough information, what is “balanced news” for example? Balance between good news and bad news? Journalism and current events? Entertainment and the weather?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Gave up when I saw the test continues on for multiple pages. Also, too many of the questions were loaded and didn’t provide proper answers. Some questions didn’t give enough information, what is “balanced news” for example? Balance between good news and bad news? Journalism and current events? Entertainment and the weather?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Completely unsurprising I am a left social libertarian.

As for the seeming bias and strange wording: the quiz has to cover a broad range of opinions, so some questions seem extreme for you all. Also it is easier to an opinion to an extreme position like 'Should gay marriage be forbidden?' (agree/disagree) than something more open, like 'How do you feel about gay marriage on a scale from 1-10?'. The religious bias is also easy to explain: for many politics and ethics is intertwined, and religion often informs personal ethics.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Some of those questions are rubbish.
I.E. "School science classes should teach intelligent design."

Intelligent design is inherently non-scientific and thus not science and thus should not be taught in a scientific capacity.
Not unless it has actual empirical scientific evidence to backup it's assertions.

Either way, my results don't really surprise, I have already tried to stay as near the center as possible regardless of issue except for religion and border control, seems I am the only user here who is very left-leaning on culture, but very right-leaning on foreign policy.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

A little black/white and oddly ambiguous in parts for my for my liking, but interesting nonetheless.

Machina - embedded image was breaking the thread, so I've deleted it. The results are in the post below this one anyway.

Last edited by Machina - on 04 January 2021

Some of these questions are just odd:

Going off of U.S. political constructs, since that's what I assume this quiz is based off of, and since I am an American citizen (Arizona), there are points where it looks like someone who skews one way or the other.

Some right leaning questions: "Gay marriage should be forbidden." "Strong gun ownership rights protect the people against tyranny." "If our leader meets with our enemies, it makes us look weak."

Some left leaning questions: "Marijuana be legal." "Access to healthcare is a right." "The rich should pay a higher tax rate than the middle class."

It's like this quiz was put together by two different groups from each side of the spectrum and put together as a means of trying to remain neutral.

And some of them are just out there: 

"School science classes should teach intelligent design." What the hell does that have anything to do with politics?!?

Oh, as for me:

Here's mine. Left social libertarian, though I think these questions are lacking almost entirely in nuance. I feel I am actually more centrist on foreign policy with regards to the military and borders.

The green arrow is my home state of Arizona, which is slightly left-of-center though it has a history of Republican control of state and federal offices, which has changed somewhat over the years.