By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Breath of the Wild is overrated.

abronn627 said:
Shiken said:

I give it a 96.5 personally. There is a lot of great stuff in the game, but too much water.

I think you made a mistake, let me rephrase you:

 “Too much rain ”

Thats what I was going for.  ;)



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

Only thing I disliked about the game was that it wasn't a full fat 1080P at a minimum with a 60fps framerate... And allot of the texturing was clearly low resolution, but that's Nintendo's antiquated hardware holding things back.

Keen for the sequel, hopefully it's more of a looker.

Well I played it entirely on a portable device and it looked good there. On the Switch Lite screen the game looked clean and sharp. The draw distance seemed pretty good as well. I haven't seen how the Switch version holds up on a large screen but I assume fairly well.

For comparison sake, I do own this game on Wii U and I played a while to see how it holds up. On Wii U, its a pixelated mess, I doubt it has any AA, I suspect it has reduced draw distance and performance is less stable. It was surprisingly less polished than I expected and the Wii U tablet screen isn't used for anything.

Anyhow, at the very least its an impressive looking game for a tiny device like Switch. Then you've got the option of Cemu for that high fidelity you desire.

Wii U runs it at 720p, 30fps with occasional dips to 20fps.
Switch runs it at 900p, 30fps with uncommon dips to 20fps.
Cemu runs it at least at 1080p 60fps locked - at least that's how I played it, I can only imagine how far it can be taken.

So, yeah, even when it comes to Nintendo console exclusives - PC master race.




I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Shiken said:
abronn627 said:

I think you made a mistake, let me rephrase you:

 “Too much rain ”

Thats what I was going for.  ;)

Oh geez, I forgot about the rain. Fuck rain!



Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

KratosLives said:

A game like that should never be played on handheld.

I'd say no game should ever be played on a handheld full stop!

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 04 January 2021

Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

Only thing I disliked about the game was that it wasn't a full fat 1080P at a minimum with a 60fps framerate... And allot of the texturing was clearly low resolution, but that's Nintendo's antiquated hardware holding things back.

Keen for the sequel, hopefully it's more of a looker.

Well I played it entirely on a portable device and it looked good there. On the Switch Lite screen the game looked clean and sharp. The draw distance seemed pretty good as well. I haven't seen how the Switch version holds up on a large screen but I assume fairly well.

For comparison sake, I do own this game on Wii U and I played a while to see how it holds up. On Wii U, its a pixelated mess, I doubt it has any AA, I suspect it has reduced draw distance and performance is less stable. It was surprisingly less polished than I expected and the Wii U tablet screen isn't used for anything.

Anyhow, at the very least its an impressive looking game for a tiny device like Switch. Then you've got the option of Cemu for that high fidelity you desire.

Swapping between my copy on WiiU (Which is 720P on the TV) and Switch Portable (720P handheld) there is barely any difference. Draw distances and object density, graphics effects are absolutely identical.

Nintendo just doesn't employ any Anti-Aliasing or substantial amounts of Anisotropic Filtering.

Swapping between my WiiU on the TV and the Switch on the TV is where you find the differences as the Switch variant is 900P verses the WiiU being 720P which is a pixel difference of 56.25% in the Switch's favour which results in a cleaner image.

It's still a low-resolution, soft image on my 75" display, but it's still a step up. Both are a "pixelated mess".

Either way, they are the exact same game, play the exact same, use the same graphics effects... Only real differences is the Switch's Audio being superior and running at a higher resolution with more stable framerates.

There is absolutely no reason to replay the game on Switch if you have finished with the game on WiiU unless of course you felt like replaying the game for the sake of it and have it available.

Cemu does improve things, but it's still the same graphics engine at the core, which was impressive for 7th gen era hardware, but not so much now that we are in the 9th generation.

mZuzek said:

Wii U runs it at 720p, 30fps with occasional dips to 20fps.
Switch runs it at 900p, 30fps with uncommon dips to 20fps.
Cemu runs it at least at 1080p 60fps locked - at least that's how I played it, I can only imagine how far it can be taken.

So, yeah, even when it comes to Nintendo console exclusives - PC master race.

I'll expand on this...

Wii U Handheld. - 854x480. Aka. 480P.
Wii U TV. - 1280x720. Aka. 720P.
Switch Handheld. - 1280x720. Aka. 720P.
Switch TV. - 1600x900. Aka. 900P.

PC. - Anything. I.E. 11,520x4,320. Aka. 4k Eyefinity.
Last edited by Pemalite - on 04 January 2021

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I award The Last of Us II a score of a FOUR!...out of 10.

User was banned for this post- JWeincom

I'm laughing this was enough to get someone banned, mods here are very strict compared to other forums I use



Well, I mean, yeah, it is overrated as far as I'm concerned. I can name at least 4 games from 2017 alone I enjoyed more, but the thing is, it's still a 9/10 game for me, just not the game of the generation or the greatest game of all time that so many other people see it as.



Did you really make this entire thread because you 1% disagree with the score?



PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Leynos said:

I award The Last of Us II a score of a FOUR!...out of 10.

User was banned for this post- JWeincom

lol, he got banned for this!? This is actually quite witty. Can't believe someone took offense at this light joke.

Hiku said:

This reminds me of when someone said they cancelled their pre-order for Halo Master Chief Collection, because it was sitting at a (at the time) Metacritic score of 90, instead of the 93 they expected.

90 is pretty damn good for a game mostly unplayable at launch.



I find it hilarious you are dead serious about the game not being a 97, but that it could be a 96.

Oh well..