By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Dec 13-19 - Switch Sales Top 75M, PS5 Tops 4M

Switchmas is approaching! Awesome sales!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Valdney said:

Regular Switch is still out of stock at my local Walmart.

Pretty much every Wal-Mart I've gone to has been that way.

They each have a decent amount of Switch Lite SKUs. But the regular Hybrid SKU? Nada.

Now the graph on the front page could be irritating for some people, because Switch's 75M are way lower than 3DS's 75M. I know the graph will be replaced soon, but it's a bit confusing even if you visit this page regularly.

I honestly expected Xbox X/S to do better. It would seem Sony was much better prepared for the launch than MS. Also, Series S is not out of stock in many regions around the world. Maybe Phil Spencer's expectations for it are too high, and Jim Ryan's point of view is spot on? The picture will become clear after a few months, but I can't see why would the Series S outperform the X.

On the other hand. Sony want to continue to support the PS4, but the price is way too high. They need to discontinue the Pro model and reduce the price of the base model by the next financial year in order to give it longevity

Can it really be said that the Xbox series of systems is supply constrained to explain the lack of sales? Are they really producing half the number of systems as the PS5 is being created, you would think if both were being made using similar fabrication and chipsets then production, supply and therefore the sales of the PS5 and XSS|X would be in line with each other.

Ireland seems like a good place to go if you wanted a Series S at least, very well stocked.
Athlone
6 In Stock
Claremorris
6 In Stock
Cork Kinsale Road
8 In Stock
Cork Maylor Street
6 In Stock
Drogheda
6 In Stock
Dublin Blanchardstown
15+ In Stock
Dublin Carrickmines
5 In Stock
Dublin Fonthill
7 In Stock
Dublin Jervis Street
3 In Stock
Dublin Swords
4 In Stock
Dublin Tallaght
6 In Stock
Dundalk
9 In Stock
Galway
4 In Stock
Letterkenny
4 In Stock
Limerick Ennis Road
5 In Stock
Limerick Parkway
8 In Stock
Naas
10 In Stock
Navan
7 In Stock
Sligo
6 In Stock

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Crazy that the Switch sold so well this year... except for January and February. The pandemic console indeed.

What will happen when children are back to school, though?

And what do you think will happen when global economy will have fully recovered and those who were forced out of work start to earn money again?

Damn MS dropped the ball with Xbox production. It’s more week over week but they should have secured more units

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

People are claiming that the lack of a Holiday Title is the primary reason why Switch sales are flat in 2020. However, I believe the bigger reason is the lack of supply, it's still extremely difficult to get a Regular Switch for retail price, the Switch Lite Stock has been plentiful but clearly far more demand for the regular Switch and people are willing to wait for the regular Switch model rather than getting the Lite.

wohufana said:
haxxiy said:

Crazy that the Switch sold so well this year... except for January and February. The pandemic console indeed.

What will happen when children are back to school, though?

And what do you think will happen when global economy will have fully recovered and those who were forced out of work start to earn money again?

Unlike us, video games will not be the priority.

the real question is, why PS4 and XBO are still in the graph of current gen (and Vita/3DS as well)

Isn't it time to remove them and have Switch/PS5/XBS ?