By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Dec 13-19 - Switch Sales Top 75M, PS5 Tops 4M

Switch just keeps going and going, with no sign of slowing down. Next year should be even better.

Strong launch sales for both PS4 and XSX/S, given regional strengths and wraknesses. Can't wait to see where things go moving forward.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Switch has already surpassed 3DS with how crazy well it's doing. We'll see those VGChartz numbers in a few weeks or so.

It looks like Switch by the end of 2020 has nearly met or slightly exceeded the 27 million plus of the DS in 2009.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 125 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 122 mil (was 100 then 130 million) Xbox One: 50 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Impressive for Switch. Flat with last year despite no big holiday game. And still one more huge week to close out the year. Since there's like 5 days left in the year after that, Switch should be right at 77 million by 1/1/21, and will be over 28 million for the year unless there is an adjustment downwards. So next year even if it falls off 5 million next year to 23 million that still means Switch would hit 100 million end of 2021!

IcaroRibeiro said:

Switch christmas sales are well below what I was expecting

So to everyone who was asking if the lack of big Q4 releases was going to after the Switch the answer is clearly yes, it did

Being flat yoy with a mere NOTHING compared to pokémon last year is underwhealming for you? 

heavenmercenary01 said:

Being flat yoy with a mere NOTHING compared to pokémon last year is underwhealming for you? 

It is

I'm not saying numbers a bad, just below what I was expecting. It has a explanation, lack of a good line up, I get it, but still below expectations for a console that will have about 45% increase in sales YoY

Maybe 2021 christmas numbers can indeed be higher than 2020's

Around the Network

PS4 giving the Series X/S the work in Europe? 

Switch sells about 50% more than all other systems combined.

Looks like it will be at about 28 million sold as of the end of 2020, which is what, the 3rd biggest year of any system ever?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Maybe Switch and the PS/Xbox consoles aren't competing, after all. This has something of the recent Buccaneers vs. Lions "competition."

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:

Maybe Switch and the PS/Xbox consoles aren't competing, after all. This has something of the recent Buccaneers vs. Lions "competition."

What? Can you make the same analogy but with Real teams from the REAL Football 😛

heavenmercenary01 said:
RolStoppable said:

What? Can you make the same analogy but with Real teams from the REAL Football 😛

This has something of the recent Nations League meeting between Spain and Germany. That kind of "competition."

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments