By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite local Multiplayer game

Tagged games:

On what console did you play your favorite Local Multiplayer Game?

Arcade 0 0%

Nintendo Console 21 75.00%

Sega Console 0 0%

PlayStation Console 3 10.71%

Xbox Console 2 7.14%

Atari 0 0%

PC 1 3.57%

Other 1 3.57%

Total:28

Playing games is always fun, but playing local multiplayer games is the most fun for me. There is a vast amount of gaming knowledge in this forum, so I am curious to learn about your experience and recommendations on what is your all time favorite local multiplayer game. 

The list is almost endless, but the history of games that I have enjoyed has a big history. 

Just to name a few: (EDIT: I added Fifa, I can't believe I left it out)

Game Console
Pong Arcade
Warlords Arcade
Puzzle Bobble Arcade
Chip and Dale NES
TMNT 2 Arcade NES
Lotus Turbo Genesis
Road Rash Genesis
Streets of Rage Genesis
Mario Party N64
Mario Kart N64
Goldeneye N64
WaveRace N64
Worms Armageddon PC
Risk PC
Wii Sports Wii
Fifa XBox360
Puyo Puyo Tetris Switch

But this thread is about naming the All-Time personal favorite. In my case, my all time Favorite is Mario Party. I first played it on N64, but I have enjoyed it in other consoles as well.

It is impossible to list all of them, but the Poll is about what console was your favorite game on.

What is your favorite All-Time Local multiplayer game?

Last edited by dmillos - on 28 December 2020

Around the Network

Mario Party in general. Pretty much any of the Smash games. NintendoLand. Kid Icarus Uprising. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Nintendo has owned couch coop in comparison to the competition. Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World are all excellent coop games.

In terms of favorite all time couch coop, Mario 3D World by a very long shot.

Back in the day I played a bunch, now I dont do multiplayer games that much, least of all local multiplayer. However, my favorite of "all time" has to be Mario Kart 8. Which is still a blast. I dont care much for Smash Bros and Mario Party now, but MK8 remains one of my fav. ninty games. Best game Nintendo has done in the last 15 years as far as im concerned.

My favourites include (in no specific order) Crash Team Racing, Quake II, and Dynasty Warriors, and Worms Armageddon. Those are probably my favourites, and, as you can see, they're quite ancient. Local multiplayer on consoles isn't doing too well these days, I fear... I mean I guess there must be tons of great games, but they seem too much like 'party games' for my taste.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

My favourites include (in no specific order) Crash Team Racing, Quake II, and Dynasty Warriors, and Worms Armageddon. Those are probably my favourites, and, as you can see, they're quite ancient. Local multiplayer on consoles isn't doing too well these days, I fear... I mean I guess there must be tons of great games, but they seem too much like 'party games' for my taste.

The Worms Franchise is amazing, they steered off a little bit but with the Worms WMD on switch I felt it was just like Armageddon. If you haven't played it I think you could have some fun with it. The multiplayer is amazing, and as a bonus there are all the solo missions that are fun as well.

Chrkeller said:

Nintendo has owned couch coop in comparison to the competition. Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World are all excellent coop games.

In terms of favorite all time couch coop, Mario 3D World by a very long shot.

Hi @Chrkeller Would you believe if I told you I had no idea Mario 3D World was Coop? I have it on the WiiU but honestly I didn't like it much for whatever reason. I think I might just have to revisit it if you say it is your all time favorite coop. 

Thanks for the insight.

Jpcc86 said:

Back in the day I played a bunch, now I dont do multiplayer games that much, least of all local multiplayer. However, my favorite of "all time" has to be Mario Kart 8. Which is still a blast. I dont care much for Smash Bros and Mario Party now, but MK8 remains one of my fav. ninty games. Best game Nintendo has done in the last 15 years as far as im concerned.

Hi @Jpcc86 Mario Kart 8 Is amazing! I feel a little bit cheated by nintendo, I have it on the WiiU but not on the Switch, I felt like it was too much to get it on both consoles. I wish nintendo gave us the "Guinea pigs" some sort of discount for having it on the WiiU.

Mario 3D World single player is a 7/10, multiple player is a 10/10. My wife and I love it. Hope you feel the same when you revisit.

Nintendo of course. I played a lot of Mario Party, Smash 64, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, and Rush 2 with my brother! Great times! Shoutout to Outward for a modern day co op game. Amazing experience!