By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Might get worse for CDPR....

First set of lawsuits incoming

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/12/cd-projekt-red-investors-sue-company-over-cyberpunk-2077-debacle/

Around the Network

Now this is when things get interesting

I particularly find just refunds too lenient, they need to be sued for false advertising

Something to really hurt them financially to a point they regret their decision of releasing this game for old gen consoles cause so far I only saw this whole circus as free marketing for them to sell more PC versions of Cyberpunk

I'm still shocked how fast this debacle has happened. The backlash for overhyping and underdelivering big AAA games is becoming faster and faster, and I'm quite happy with that. If only that meant companies would moderate themselves with promising the moon or announcing their games a decade before release...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I said it before after seeing proof in sites like BB, target, Walmart or Amazon and I’m saying it again:

The sales for this game on the consoles versions really plummeted.

I really hope CD Project Red can overcome this but is not looking good at the moment, I reckon PC sales still remain “good”

kazuyamishima said:

I said it before after seeing proof in sites like BB, target, Walmart or Amazon and I’m saying it again:

The sales for this game on the consoles versions really plummeted.

I really hope CD Project Red can overcome this but is not looking good at the moment, I reckon PC sales still remain “good”

Do you think they might go under or will they survive?

Around the Network

Just waiting for the physical price to plummet TBH.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mar1217 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I'm still shocked how fast this debacle has happened. The backlash for overhyping and underdelivering big AAA games is becoming faster and faster, and I'm quite happy with that. If only that meant companies would moderate themselves with promising the moon or announcing their games a decade before release...

So we saying Bethesda is next then ... good ! 

Honestly, I think they got it too easy with 76 still. 

I can easily see them do something similar with ESVI or Starfield.

76 was probably a big part of them selling themselves to Microsoft. I can imagine they lost a lot of money there, and all of the lawsuits against them will be much less successful with the backing of Microsoft's lawyer team.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

IcaroRibeiro said:

I particularly find just refunds too lenient, they need to be sued for false advertising

Something to really hurt them financially to a point they regret their decision of releasing this game for old gen consoles cause so far I only saw this whole circus as free marketing for them to sell more PC versions of Cyberpunk

Dunno if that last part is a good thing. There are now over 4,000 threads in technical discussions and plenty people complaining they can't get a refund from Steam. Everyone who got it for Christmas should be playing now, biggest gaming hours of the year (I can't stay connected to psn at all this afternoon) and there are just over 200K playing. Still the hottest thing I guess, and still a lot of people to disappoint.

PS4 version is at 53 critic, 3.4 user score
XBox version is at 61 critic, 4.7 user score
PC sits at 86 critic, 7.2 user score

Of course if you could filter the pre-launch reviews out, the picture would be quite different.

However there are still apparently millions that think this is the best thing ever made, which is plenty to keep the deception tactics going. These lawsuits will simply keep CDPR in the news and now they can play victim, egging their de-fanbase on.

^ Interesting discrepancy in scores between the two console platforms, I wonder how the Pro versions impact that.
I believe base Xbox was even worse technically, while XOX would be most technically functional if that version was reviewed.
But I believe PS4 Pro is in the ball park of XOX (not to mention more PS4Pro exist than XOX) so it's hard to justify discrepancy.
Which leaves a difference in subjective approach of the different audiences towards rating the game experience. Interesting.

SvennoJ said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Dunno if that last part is a good thing. There are now over 4,000 threads in technical discussions and plenty people complaining they can't get a refund from Steam. Everyone who got it for Christmas should be playing now, biggest gaming hours of the year (I can't stay connected to psn at all this afternoon) and there are just over 200K playing. Still the hottest thing I guess, and still a lot of people to disappoint.

PS4 version is at 53 critic, 3.4 user score
XBox version is at 61 critic, 4.7 user score
PC sits at 86 critic, 7.2 user score

Of course if you could filter the pre-launch reviews out, the picture would be quite different.

However there are still apparently millions that think this is the best thing ever made, which is plenty to keep the deception tactics going. These lawsuits will simply keep CDPR in the news and now they can play victim, egging their de-fanbase on.

That's why I think suing the studio is important

Dumb fanboys will defend it a plenty and keep this shit moves happening over and over 

But few consciouns consumers can demand very high indemnities, enough to make the company regret the expenses with so many lawsuits 

Or at least I hope so...