By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Might get worse for CDPR....

Releasing with bugs? Ok, it happens to everyone
Releasing with non functional AI? Ok, it just means it is a bad product in this area
Releasing with non consistent frame rate? Ok, happens to most open world games, like GTA4 and GTA5 on PS3.
Releasing with such a bad performance and bugs that the game is actually non playable on base consoles (at least on release) and lying about the state of the game on those platforms where most of the sales would come from, hiding the game from investors and the public to, on purpose, trick people thinking it was alright? That's just absolutely horrible. They should have been clear to investors and the public that, yes, it would take more time to polish it as base versions were not on par to what they expected. Stock would shrink but that would be temporary and no harm would be caused except for the studio executives. Which would be temporary.

I get what they said, that they thought they would be able to put the game on a playable state through a day 1 patch but in the end they failed to do so. And to be fair, a lot of optimization has already happened since release. But it was a gamble and they should never have chosen this path.

Investors were putting the pressure to release? Too bad, thats your choice when you decided to go public. Seriously, some companies should avoid going public and just stay as private.

Around the Network

Saw some camparison videos , this game can even beat san andreas a game with like 20 years in multiple game aspects, its embarrasing

It’ll blow over. They made so much money even after refunds they can settle before it hits court and still be ok. The game will be largely fixed in the next months that by spring this will all be a memory. Cyberpunk will essentially make a comeback like games before. Halo MCC, No Mans Sky, etc.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

It’ll blow over. They made so much money even after refunds they can settle before it hits court and still be ok. The game will be largely fixed in the next months that by spring this will all be a memory. Cyberpunk will essentially make a comeback like games before. Halo MCC, No Mans Sky, etc.

The game might make a comeback. CDPR however... I doubt their image will ever recover after all of this.

Vodacixi said:
sales2099 said:

The game might make a comeback. CDPR however... I doubt their image will ever recover after all of this.

I've seen people saying The Witcher 3 was in a pretty bad state when it launched too (I've never played it so don't know though) and they recovered from that.

Plus, what does image even matter? EA were voted the worst company in America for like 3 years running yet still sold 10s of millions of games every year.

Around the Network
vivster said:

One could say they never had a chance to deliver on something that was so hyped and anticipated, but then I look at FFVII Remake and see it's actually possible to dliver and then some.

So yeah, fuck them.

The hype surrounding FF7 remake was not even remotely close to the level of that around Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk has transcended hardcore gaming.  My casual ganing friends were asking me about it from time to time over the last year  Only people that hang out on forums like this one were on the hype train for Final Fantasy.

In my opinion, there was no way for them to deliver on the hype. That being said, they missed the mark so badly that this is not even close to an acceptable excuse. it's not that the game didn't live up to the hype. The problem is that the game sucks in many ways.

Still, I'm playing it on a Series X and enjoying it quite a bit. It's not getting any game of the year votes from me, but I'm sure I'll be back for the DLC.

Vodacixi said:
sales2099 said:

I don't know that they will never make a comeback. If they follow through and make the game awesome on all platforms, all will be forgiven. Certainly, 8 million people are not going to pre-order their next game though. But, if it ends up being an awesome game, that will go a long way to restoring the reputational damage.

In the short term though, the damage to their reputation has a gigantic price tag attached. I don't know how to figure out what that number is, but it certainly in the hundreds of millions of dollars. A major fuck up by CDPR. One of the worst mistakes in the history of AAA gaming.

It's not even about the bugs and glitches, entire systems like AI and physics have not even been implemented and are broken beyond repair. The game is nowhere near anything they promised, even after a gazillion delays. CDPR deserves to be sued and even deserve to go belly up entirely if you ask me.

Vodacixi said:
sales2099 said:

Their image just means their next game will still be bought by millions, just “begrudgingly” instead of with universal glee. Much like how millions still buy EA games like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Their like for the IP can supersede the publisher disdain.

I find that gamers on average are principled on the surface but all the morals and stances go out the window if the game plays well and is a IP they like. RDR2 and it’s crunch also comes to mind, that didn’t lead to any meaningful boycott because guess what, the game looked beautiful and got a solid meta score. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Vodacixi said:
sales2099 said:

Considering how many diehard fans CD Projekt has that are continuing to support them during this controversy, I doubt that. Their image still has alot going for them:

• One of the few developers/publishers that supports DRM free gaming, with their own Steam competitor GOG
  • One of the few developers who still puts goodies into a standard edition game case (things like posters, guide books, and even their soundtracks, which most developers charge separately for)
  • Strongly against singleplayer microtransactions and things like console exclusive DLC or preorder bonus DLC, instead releasing all of the smaller DLC's they design for their games for free
  • Planning to release their upcoming Cyberpunk multiplayer game for free to everybody who buys Cyberpunk singleplayer, something most other publishers these days would charge separately for, considering Cyberpunk's multiplayer has multi-million seller capability and could make alot of money to keep the investors happy

Have they made mistakes? For damn sure. Will it take time for them to recover? You better believe it. Will they eventually fully recover? I think so, as long as the investors don't wrest control from the current board of directors which contains several actual game developers. If CD Projekt ends up getting ran by nothing but suits who care about maximizing profit at the cost of all else (current board made the mistake of trying to please money hungry investors), all of the things that make their image better than other developers/publishers will be gone, and they will just be another money hungry developer like Rockstar and money hungry publisher like EA and Activision. The current board needs to maintain control and do some soul searching and get back to their roots that made them the greatest developer and publisher on the planet, instead of trying to please investors who want nothing more than small budgets and microtransactions for huge profit margins, which would ruin CD Projekt in the eyes of gamers.

I was planning on waiting for the newer generation upgrades before I purchased it, but with all the whining and crying out there it makes me want to go ahead and get it now to see what it is that is causing people to have their meltdowns. I'm finding it hilarious.

My brother purchased it a few days ago and is playing it on an Xbox One X and has encountered many bugs and glitches, but tells me he is enjoying the hell out of it. He wasn't expecting all the sexual stuff and had his children in the room when he was doing the character design, LMAO. He is now playing the privacy of his bedroom.

Many of my customers are gamers and also can't wait to get their hands on it. Pure curiosity at this point.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.