By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II Wins Game of the Year!

DonFerrari said:

1) You are claiming you are responding to someone that said everyone liked the game you can certainly provide a link for it. Are you refering to twintail, who said critics and gamers loved it, is that wrong? Have he said 100% of both loved? Is that the one you were saying you were replying to and I'm the one that have problems with English?

2) Seems like your English is even worse than mine since you can't reply to a direct question. I perfectly understood you were just parroting Joe's opinion of the game, so you have no opinion whatsoever on the subject? Then what are you doing in this thread?

3) Yes it was debunked by Hynad, but you just tried and rephrased all he said to look like you have a great vocabulary while completely missing the points and saying Joe wasn't asking for more cliches but complaining about the ones he got.

No Don, read the thread, its a common place where many are saying gamer's love it and those who hate it are either haters, bigots, homophobes and just recently an idiot or acting because they aren't part of the industry circle. This is why i am here, providing evidence that this is not the case.

Hynad did not debunk anything, he just generalized and placed him in a category of a hater. Not one of his points is true outside from the fact Joe was upset with the treatment of Joel, which water is wet. 

You admitted English isn't your best, and when someone clearly states to you that he doesn't want to give his opinion, he literally means, he doesn't want to give his opinion. That does not mean keep asking.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

1) You are claiming you are responding to someone that said everyone liked the game you can certainly provide a link for it. Are you refering to twintail, who said critics and gamers loved it, is that wrong? Have he said 100% of both loved? Is that the one you were saying you were replying to and I'm the one that have problems with English?

2) Seems like your English is even worse than mine since you can't reply to a direct question. I perfectly understood you were just parroting Joe's opinion of the game, so you have no opinion whatsoever on the subject? Then what are you doing in this thread?

3) Yes it was debunked by Hynad, but you just tried and rephrased all he said to look like you have a great vocabulary while completely missing the points and saying Joe wasn't asking for more cliches but complaining about the ones he got.

No Don, read the thread, its a common place where many are saying gamer's love it and those who hate it are either haters, bigots, homophobe and just recently an idiot or acting because they aren't part of the industry circle. This is why i am here, providing evidence that this is not the case.

Hynad did not debunk anything, he just generalized and placed him in a category of a hater. Not one of his points is true outside from the fact Joe was upset with the treatment of Joel, which water is wet. 

You admitted English isn't your best, and when someone clearly states to you that he doesn't want to give his opinion, he literally means, he doesn't want to give his opinion. That does not mean keep asking.

No matter how much arguments are provided, you are always going to push a negative narrative. You have always been like that, and you will most likely always be like that. Stop trying to pretend you’re here to balance things out by bringing up how some don’t like the game as if everybody didn’t know that already, you are not, and nobody is fooled by your pretences. You side with the negativity people have for the game and have done that from the get go. The fact that you admit you haven’t played the game yet only ever side with the negative comments about it is proof enough you’re here only to stir shit and bait people. It would help if you had an actual thought out opinion of your own about it, but just like with most anything else, you have nothing substantial to add other than parroting those who thought it all for you.

If I didn’t debunk Joe’s opinion, it’s because there’s nothing to debunk. His opinion isn’t a myth or falsehood that can be disproved. How you mock Don for his english yet you don’t know how to use that word...

What I did with Joe’s opinion is state how much he was at the wrong place mentally to analyse the game in fairness and objectivity. He has the right to dislike the game because it didn’t meet his expectations. That’s totally fine. Now, nobody has to agree with his take, and those who understood the game differently and better than he did can very well dismiss his as being nothing more than an over-sensitive and tone deaf take on it. Personally, I don’t dislike Angry Joe, but I think he missed the points on many occasions when it comes to narrative nuances and character portrayals. He likes big blockbuster movies where characters are cool and the dialogues filled with catchy one-liners. He certainly isn’t someone you watch to hear a deep analysis about the human nature.

Last edited by Hynad - on 18 December 2020

*Double Post*

Last edited by Azzanation - on 19 December 2020

Hynad said:

No matter how much arguments are provided, you are always going to push a negative narrative. You have always been like that, and you will most likely always be like that. Stop trying to pretend you’re here to balance things out by bringing up how some don’t like the game as if everybody didn’t know that already, you are not, and nobody is fooled by your pretences. You side with the negativity people have for the game and have done that from the get go. The fact that you admit you haven’t played the game yet only ever side with the negative comments about it is proof enough you’re here only to stir shit and bait people. It would help if you had an actual thought out opinion of your own about it, but just like with most anything else, you have nothing substantial to add other than parroting those who thought it all for you.

If I didn’t debunk Joe’s opinion, it’s because there’s nothing to debunk. His opinion isn’t a myth or falsehood that can be disproved. How you mock Don for his english yet you don’t know how to use that word...

What I did with Joe’s opinion is state how much he was at the wrong place mentally to analyse the game in fairness and objectivity. He has the right to dislike the game because it didn’t meet his expectations. That’s totally fine. Now, nobody has to agree with his take, and those who understood the game differently and better than he did can very well dismiss his as being nothing more than an over-sensitive and tone deaf take on it. Personally, I don’t dislike Angry Joe, but I think he missed the points on many occasions when it comes to narrative nuances and character portrayals. He likes big blockbuster movies where characters are cool and the dialogues filled with catchy one-liners. He certainly isn’t someone you watch to hear a deep analysis about the human nature.

Think what you like, that is exactly what you do, categorize people because they don't flow with your opinion, like what you said about Angry Joe to what you are saying to me right now. If its a negative fact, ill push it, i don't care. If you cannot win the argument, you just attack the person providing evidence in the forums. I also know how you work. The fact you think this post of yours is a valid argument is pretty lazy and personally i could care little to what you actually think of me. Does anything you just said provide a good argument to the case i brought up? Nope. Does it prove there are plenty of gamer's out there not enjoying the game, that get attacked by the community? Yeah.

Whatever you think about someone does not change the facts.

Now you are saying "If I didn’t debunk Joe’s opinion, it’s because there’s nothing to debunk." well which one is it? Claiming Joe wasn't in the right place is not a debunk. He also played the game with his fellow friends who had the same opinion. So no, that is an incorrect statement.  If you don't like a game, do i just place you in the "Not in the right head space" category? That's how you sound.

Do you honestly think Angry Joe is the only one not liking this game? I guess Dr Disrespect, Pewdiepie, Jim Sterling and many others are all in the wrong place mentally because of their negative feedback of the game. You don't have to look far outside of the Critics and PS walls to see the reactions. In saying that, there is nothing wrong with liking the game, but lets be real, not everyone is a hater if they didn't like it.

Also English is simple, No means no. Don continued to ask a question i clearly answered. Twisting and turning is exactly what you both are doing and choose to ignore the reason why it was brought up in the first place.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 19 December 2020

kazuyamishima said:

So PlayStation on PlayStation Blog made game of the year awards and was marketing the thing on social media (Twitter, FB, etc)

And of course you had the usual bunch of comments like “Anything but part II”, “GOT is the real people’s champ” and all that BS.
They gave people bunch of days to vote on the polls for many categories.

And what happened? Part II won 8 awards at the end, including best narrative, PS4 game of the year and many more.

And Reader's Choice Award! Yet people still want to overblow the amount of dissenters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

lets go SONY and ND,
kicking doors and taking names lez go!

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

No Don, read the thread, its a common place where many are saying gamer's love it and those who hate it are either haters, bigots, homophobes and just recently an idiot or acting because they aren't part of the industry circle. This is why i am here, providing evidence that this is not the case.

So you already saw in the thread that some people hate it, and that no one was claiming everyone loves it, so you actually had 0 need to post anything, still you decided to do with someone that had a negative opinion that isn't yours. And if you have zero opinion on the subject what exactly are you doing in this thread?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Why do people get so upset when somebody doesn't like Last 2 (or any other highly rated game)? I've never understand the passion to defend, given it is all personal opinion. Doesnt help there are a lot of "great" games i didn't care for; ocarina, gta (all of then), Witcher and bioshock jump to mind.

Chrkeller said:

Why do people get so upset when somebody doesn't like Last 2 (or any other highly rated game)? I've never understand the passion to defend, given it is all personal opinion. Doesnt help there are a lot of "great" games i didn't care for; ocarina, gta (all of then), Witcher and bioshock jump to mind.

Yeah, I dont really get it either. Unless its just "The game sucks and its shit". That kinda annoys me.

I love the game, but I understand a lot of the criticism against it. Its not for everyone. 

Chrkeller said:

Haven't seem anyone upset by other not liking TLOU2. I have seem discussion on the merits of said dislike and also exposing of false narratives.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."