By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 49, 2020 (Nov 30 - Dec 06)

RolStoppable said:
FloatingWaffles said:

there's a very good chance that by the end of the Switch's life cycle Ring Fit Adventure will join the 10m+ seller club if not more, makes me so happy to see it becoming an evergreen like the rest of Nintendo's first party games because it really deserves it

switch continues to dominate

Ring Fit Adventure crossing 10m in lifetime sales (globally) is as certain as the New York Jets missing the playoffs this season. Don't say "very good chance" when we already have 100% certainty.

On topic: The PS5 has only five weeks left to pull off some half-decent numbers for its launch plus holiday period, because afterwards it will go through a long stretch of sub-10k weeks. The PS4 needed 10.5 months to reach the 1m milestone, the PS5 doesn't look like it can do it in under a year.

you're probably correct, I just don't ever look at anything as an absolute certainty until it happens 

i don't watch hockey 



Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
RolStoppable said:

Ring Fit Adventure crossing 10m in lifetime sales (globally) is as certain as the New York Jets missing the playoffs this season. Don't say "very good chance" when we already have 100% certainty.

On topic: The PS5 has only five weeks left to pull off some half-decent numbers for its launch plus holiday period, because afterwards it will go through a long stretch of sub-10k weeks. The PS4 needed 10.5 months to reach the 1m milestone, the PS5 doesn't look like it can do it in under a year.

you're probably correct, I just don't ever look at anything as an absolute certainty until it happens 

i don't watch hockey 

I believe he's referring to the american kick the rugby ball and rush- game.



Press F for PS5 in Japan.



I'm not sure what Sony could do. They had a ton of big IP for the PS4 but it failed to outsell the PS3. I don't think they should give up completely but it is smarter to focus on regions where they see growth or where Xbox is actually competitive. GT7 is the only title in the PS5's first year that looks like it could appeal to Japan.

They could use the Demon Slayer IP but even then it would depend on the developer, budget, quality, etc.



PotentHerbs said:

I'm not sure what Sony could do. They had a ton of big IP for the PS4 but it failed to outsell the PS3. I don't think they should give up completely but it is smarter to focus on regions where they see growth or where Xbox is actually competitive. GT7 is the only title in the PS5's first year that looks like it could appeal to Japan.

They could use the Demon Slayer IP but even then it would depend on the developer, budget, quality, etc.

We already got a Demon Slayer game announced 



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
heavenmercenary01 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

you're probably correct, I just don't ever look at anything as an absolute certainty until it happens 

i don't watch hockey 

I believe he's referring to the american kick the rugby ball and rush- game.

ah, is that the team that just recently signed this up and coming rookie?

brave choice but he def has potential, maybe even hit the big leagues some day 



Massive week for the Switch and Momotaro, Sony should just give up in Japan and wait until FFXVI launches to give it stock.

Not so good for Atelier Switch though, with a 7.3m install base lead and 200k people going in to buy Switches, less of them decided to buy Atelier than PS4 owners.



Ouch at those PS5 sales numbers. Hopefully this is due to low stock rather than low demand, otherwise, Playstation in Japan is more like a Playleftion for that market.



heavenmercenary01 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

you're probably correct, I just don't ever look at anything as an absolute certainty until it happens 

i don't watch hockey 

I believe he's referring to the american kick the rugby ball and rush- game.

American Rugby is such a letdown. What's the point in wearing all that protective armour if fans aren't allowed to shoot bullets at the players they dislike?



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

well to be fair to the ps5, it seems some reatilers are not even getting restocks in britan untill 2021, so its a stock issue, though sony has probably focused completly in america, a market where xbox has the biggest presence, instead of japan, a declining market in their eyes, and europe, where they have a iron grip.