By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you expect Cyberpunk to sell?

First week prediction?

Less than 3 million 6 6.59%

3-6 million 12 13.19%

6-9 million 17 18.68%

9-12 million 13 14.29%

More than 12 million 43 47.25%

Total:91

Also, I just noticed that CD Projekt said more than a year ago that it already had more preorders than Witcher 3 did, and Witcher 3 had 1.5m preorders, so preorders for Cyberpunk were already over 1.5m a year ago, crazy.

Around the Network
Vendrom said:

10 million first week... is it possible?? I think lifetime will go around 15-20 million though

The hype from cyberpunk is crazy from what I've seen. My friends who usually play CoD and GTA are all getting day one and some folks I know are holding off for the multiplayer to drop. 

shikamaru317 said:

First week: 8m+
Lifetime: 30m+

It'll do better than Witcher 3 initially (4m first 2 weeks, 10m in first 10 months), since CD Projekt has gained alot of popularity since then thanks to the strong legs of Witcher 3, but I'm not really sure if it can beat Witcher 3 lifetime since cyberpunk tends to be a more niche genre than fantasy. Witcher 3 is quickly on it's way to hitting 35m, which is why I said 30m+ lifetime for Cyberpunk. But I could be wrong, it might have a chance of actually beating Witcher 3 lifetime.

Lifetime all depends on the multiplayer. If they multiplayer is great I think they'll easily outsell the Witcher 3.

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

First week: 8m+
Lifetime: 30m+

It'll do better than Witcher 3 initially (4m first 2 weeks, 10m in first 10 months), since CD Projekt has gained alot of popularity since then thanks to the strong legs of Witcher 3, but I'm not really sure if it can beat Witcher 3 lifetime since cyberpunk tends to be a more niche genre than fantasy. Witcher 3 is quickly on it's way to hitting 35m, which is why I said 30m+ lifetime for Cyberpunk. But I could be wrong, it might have a chance of actually beating Witcher 3 lifetime.

Lifetime all depends on the multiplayer. If they multiplayer is great I think they'll easily outsell the Witcher 3.

CD Projekt said the multiplayer will not be bundled with the base game, but will be sold as a standalone game instead. So I don’t see the multiplayer game boosting the singleplayer legs much personally.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

CD Projekt said the multiplayer will not be bundled with the base game, but will be sold as a standalone game instead. So I don’t see the multiplayer game boosting the singleplayer legs much personally.

I expect single player buyers to get the MP free and fir the MP to be sold separately for less than 60 but i could be wrong.

Around the Network

Hardest game to predict as I predict anywhere from 20m-50m.

I will go with LTD 35m.

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I expect single player buyers to get the MP free and fir the MP to be sold separately for less than 60 but i could be wrong.

That would be nice if the multiplayer was free for the singleplayer buyers, but I don’t know if they will be willing to do it. I do think the MP will be on the cheaper side at least, maybe even free to play for everyone supported by cosmetic microtransactions.

Shikamaru: they didn't say that Cyberpunk had more than 1,5 mln preorders year ago. They just said that it's more than W3 at the same moment before launch.
Anyway, according to financial report for Septemeber 30th, digital PC preorders for Cyberpunk 2077 should have been around 1,6-1,8 mln copies.

For this one they will get the shooter crowd onboard , a lot of raging will happen when this game is not what they expect it to be.
But will be good if it can warm people for rpgs in general.

If it reviews as well as the hype leads us to believe, I see no reason why it can't open with 9-10 million first week and do 30 million+ LT.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!