By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you expect Cyberpunk to sell?

First week prediction?

Less than 3 million 6 6.59%

3-6 million 12 13.19%

6-9 million 17 18.68%

9-12 million 13 14.29%

More than 12 million 43 47.25%

Total:91

The real question is how many console users want a refund after experiencing that hot mess.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

CD Projekt just announced they hit 8m preorders. Witcher 3 had 1.5m by comparison.

Holy fuck! This will definitely go more than 50mil! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

First week? Hard to say. Probably something between 5 to 7 millions.

Lifetime? The sky is the celling. Easily 30 million, probably 40 million.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

FragileSurface said:

The real question is how many console users want a refund after experiencing that hot mess.

And how many Steam users, much easier to get a refund there.

Delays don't matter, crunch doesn't matter, broken mess on release doesn't matter, downgrades don't matter, pre-orders are all about generating hype. CDPR are masters at that part.

Nautilus said:

Well, they just announced preorders alone were over 8 million, so first week will be way past that.

But I'm very curious if the poor performance on base PS4 & XBox One will hurt future sales now.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
kenjab said:
Nautilus said:

Well, they just announced preorders alone were over 8 million, so first week will be way past that.

But I'm very curious if the poor performance on base PS4 & XBox One will hurt future sales now.

huh, didn't know!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
kenjab said:

huh, didn't know!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-10-cyberpunk-2077-is-super-rough-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-and-the-memes-have-already-begun

Sadly as expected

this week? 15m (Crazy until I saw pre-orders and made comparisons with Fallout 4's openning week)

End of the year? 20m

LT 30-35m

Cyberpunk 20.77 million copies.

Mar1217 said:

Now I wonder how the word of mouth will go on this one since we know about the espcially rough landing on the base console version aka the one played by the most probably.

A thunderous opening because of pre-order but honestly ? I don't see it carry much momentum if it continues like that.

That's where most console sales are, but most sales overall for now are on PC where they should be. Going forward, it'll be PC and the next-gen console versions that'll be selling over time, and by the time it gets it's full next-gen release it'll be looking and running a whole lot better.